Le Cellier?

WGCFV

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to Le Cellier in the past 6 months, if so any feedback on food and service experience? This used to be one of our favorites, but last 2 times we went( most recent was over the summer), we were very disappointed. Food was only okay( steaks were not cooked as we requested and just didn't tase great overall), service was off, and there were screaming children running around the dinning area( parents fault not Disney's). We are thinking of giving it another try when we go back in April( we have alot of fond memories from the past), but really on the fence. Even with the pass-holder discount, just not sure worth the money anymore but maybe we just caught the restaurant on off days(hoping that was the case). Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

DH and I have been a few times and really enjoyed our experiences....barring the standard Disney restaurant issue of disruptive kids and tables being too close together.

We love the food but then we don't order steak when we go. We split a couple of apps, enjoy the pretzel rolls, and usually get a bottle of wine or a few drinks.

So there's that.

Well, the Community Board is probably not the best place to ask.

Last time I went was...2010? 2011? And it really didn't seem worth the price anymore. Once it switched to two TS credits, I started questioning the value.

Note I've only been to WDW maybe 2 or 3 times since.

We went in September. Our food (beef poutine, filet, brussels sprouts) was very good and our service was very attentive. We had no complaints about either of those things (and we did almost cancel due to recent reviews to the contrary). The price is a little much for what you get, but that's pretty much par for the course at Disney and we were celebrating so I can overlook it.

The one thing I really didn't like was the lack of space between us and the parties next to us. The dining room is too tight, and I felt like any conversation I had with DH was shared with the table on either side of us and vice versa. It could have just been where we were seated.

Overall I would eat there again as we really did enjoy the food and service.

Le Cellier was never as good as the restaurant board said it was. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, and went there. A lot. Never actually had a bad meal there. But it was never to quote a dis board phrase "to die for." I think the soup is right up there in the over rated category with Zebra Domes and Dole Whips if not ahead of them. It has always been over priced if paying cash. When it was one credit on the dining plan it was well worth it. One of the best one credit places on the site. But once it went to a two credit, uh no. Several two credit places are better.

Personally, if I had a truly bad experience twice anywhere on the property, and in some cases even one, I wouldn't think twice about not eating there again. Too many other places to go to.

Last edited:
I haven’t been in about a year, but I have never understood the love for this restaurant. The whole cellar theme at Disney means it usually smells like a wet sock and the food isn’t anything above meh.

I don’t know if it’s Disney colored glasses or I’m missing something but I don’t understand the love ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We have always had a great experience there for dinner including this past Thanksgiving Week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter