Le Creuset...

I would really really like a LC dutch oven someday, but I can't say I'm disappointed with my Lodge one, other than it's too heavy. I just bought an All Clad smaller stock pot (6 qt) to double as a second dutch oven, just because I think it will be easier to lift. I use my Lodge about twice a week, and whenever I bake bread, but dang it's heavy and I'm getting old.

I use my Lodge brand cast iron enamel dutch oven frequently. I've had it for over 10 years, spent maybe $50. It is somewhat "stained" inside, but no chips. It makes delicious food and cleanup is easy. I never put any of my pots and pans in the dishwasher, so that's not a problem for me. It is heavy, but so is LC. I almost bought my self some Staub/ LC with a discount, when I worked in a nice cooking store, but just couldn't justify the $ difference to myself.

Also something many people aren't aware of is that LC bakeware that isn't cast iron enamel, is made in China too. You'll find lots of that at discount stores.

I would really really like a LC dutch oven someday, but I can't say I'm disappointed with my Lodge one, other than it's too heavy. I just bought an All Clad smaller stock pot (6 qt) to double as a second dutch oven, just because I think it will be easier to lift. I use my Lodge about twice a week, and whenever I bake bread, but dang it's heavy and I'm getting old.

I have two lecreuset 9 qt. Dutch ovens that I use all of the time. I got the bright idea that I should get the 13 qt. lecreuset (so I could fit everything in one pot instead of using the two). So I bought one and then I took it right back. Lol.

There is no way I would be able to lift that pot safety out of the oven in another 10 years. The 13 qt Dutch oven alone is almost 20 lbs. and if it's loaded with food you could almost double the weight.

I have a La Creuset Dutch oven. I am such a cooking nerd that I still smile when I get it out. I love it. I have had it about 10 years.

I absolutely love my Le Creuset.

I'm lucky enough to have 2 Le Creuset outlets within 40 minutes of our house here in NJ. If you time it right you can get some insane deals, ended up with a 4.5 QT Dutch Oven for like $110 instead of $300.

Also lucked out in finding a 2qt Saucepan at Home Goods which goes with the color theme I picked in Le Creuset. I have pieces that are Mineral Blue, Coastal Blue, Dune, and Sand.

I am a Staub loyalist but heck I may have to try the LC.

I feel all is right in America again when women discuss how to do things in the kitchen :p

Funny other than me all the cooks in my family are men, 2 nephews, 2 godsons & even my DS is a kitchen whiz. :rotfl::rotfl:

I absolutely love my Le Creuset.

I'm lucky enough to have 2 Le Creuset outlets within 40 minutes of our house here in NJ. If you time it right you can get some insane deals, ended up with a 4.5 QT Dutch Oven for like $110 instead of $300.

Also lucked out in finding a 2qt Saucepan at Home Goods which goes with the color theme I picked in Le Creuset. I have pieces that are Mineral Blue, Coastal Blue, Dune, and Sand.

ITA! My last few pieces I got at William Sonoma when they had HUGE sales. Got my DIL a beautiful Staub large cast iron for less than $100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter