Leaky Cauldron Beverages

Wolfli

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. I searched, but couldn’t find a solid answer to this question. What beverages count as part of the quick service meal at Leaky Cauldron (for the quick service dining plan). Trying to decide if it’s with it !

Thanks!

I don't have a solid reference for you but I think most of the non-alcoholic beverages count as a "beverage" with the exception of butterbeer, which counts as a snack.

Fountain beverages count as a beverage. Specialty ones and frozen ones are a snack. So ciders, pumpkin juice, and pumpkin fizz are a drink; butterbeer, Fishy Ale, etc are a snack.

The meal plan is easy to lose money on. You need to buy the most expensive items to save money. Look at prices and what you would want on the site and do the math to see if it makes sense. Using the card only in the wizarding world tends to save money, as butterbeer and Fortescues are expensive snacks, pumpkin juice/fizz are expensive drinks, and most of the meals are expensive.

Some combo meals that come with a milkshake will count the milkshake as your drink. There’s no need to purchase ahead of time as all counter service places sell them. If you find yourself buying a pricy item, buy it then. I’m not sure if carts/stands sell them.

Actually, it's a lot easier to come out ahead now that the drink/snack are interchangable. Use the extra drink as another snack!

Actually, it's a lot easier to come out ahead now that the drink/snack are interchangable. Use the extra drink as another snack!

You can use the stand alone drink credit on a snack now?? That would make it easy to come out ahead! I wish they still did bogo half off for passholders during appreciation days...that actually made eating in the parks a value. I get tired of packing all the time but I can’t afford their prices.

You can use the stand alone drink credit on a snack now?? That would make it easy to come out ahead! I wish they still did bogo half off for passholders during appreciation days...that actually made eating in the parks a value. I get tired of packing all the time but I can’t afford their prices.

Yes, several people have said that the extra drink credit can now be used as a snack.

Well heck, with butterbeer at a ridiculous 7.99 and pumpkin juice 4.99, getting those three items alone is just about the cost of the card, which means the meal is free. Oh, or not quite- I just checked the meal
plan price without a cup and it’s gone up by $5 since last year. Still a deal though, if you don’t have a pass.

The kids meals plan is pretty amazing...they get full size snacks. If snack/bev is used for 2 butter beers, the other drink and meal are $2.00 total.

Can anyone help me figure out if any menu item from the Leaky Cauldron or Three Broomsticks counts dowards the dining plan-QS (obviously minus the $60 one)? I keep reading online that items covered would be marked by a "UD;" however, those two don't seem to have the marks.

Meals, aside from the feast and ploughmans platter, are on the plan. The teas, ciders, pumpkin juice, and maybe fizz are your drink option that comes with the meal on the plan. The desserts and butterbeer are a snack/beverage. Breakfast already comes with a drink, plan or no plan. This makes it not as good of a value with the plan.

A better use of the dining plan is the $19.99 combo at Monsters with the $4.19 freestyle single serve drink. I’ve read it’s enough food for 2-3 people too, depending on appetites. But the 16.99-17.99 meals in the wizarding world with the 4.99 pumpkin drink are one of the most expensive options, just not the most expensive option.

For breakfast, they actually gave us an “extra” drink. We split 2 adult meals with our 2 little kids, and got 4 drinks. At breakfast, they let you hot butter beer as a beverage, but not at lunch or dinner.

Meals, aside from the feast and ploughmans platter, are on the plan. The teas, ciders, pumpkin juice, and maybe fizz are your drink option that comes with the meal on the plan. The desserts and butterbeer are a snack/beverage. Breakfast already comes with a drink, plan or no plan. This makes it not as good of a value with the plan.

A better use of the dining plan is the $19.99 combo at Monsters with the $4.19 freestyle single serve drink. I’ve read it’s enough food for 2-3 people too, depending on appetites. But the 16.99-17.99 meals in the wizarding world with the 4.99 pumpkin drink are one of the most expensive options, just not the most expensive option.
Thank you

Yeah, definitely if you want to take advantage of the meal plan you'd want to do the meals that are as "combos" as you do get more bang for your buck, as well as the meals in the WWoHP that come with the pumpkin juice. However, regardless, the drink/snack being interchangeable now definitely increases the value of the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter