Leaky Cauldron or Three Broomsticks?

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
It's been years since I've been to Universal. We did Three Broomsticks for breakfast on our first trip. I have yet to even see Diagon Alley. If I was only choosing one for lunch or dinner, which one would you choose? We have several days at Universal, but since they have similar menus, I didn't want to eat at both. I was also thinking of doing breakfast at one on one day and doing lunch at the other on another day. Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The Three Broomsticks I prefer, because it has the chicken and ribs. Also, they have "The Great Feast", that is recommended that be eaten by a group of friends, or family.

However, it depends on what you want. For example, Leaky Cauldron has traditional English meals.

Also, for breakfast, Three Broomsticks has hearty, "American" breakfasts, where as Leaky Cauldron once again has traditional English breakfasts.

Both places have fish and chips for lunch.

I prefer Three Broomsticks for it's space/setting but I think I slightly prefer the food at Leaky Cauldron. However getting a drink from Three Broomsticks is more fun.

I prefer Three Broomsticks for it's space/setting but I think I slightly prefer the food at Leaky Cauldron. However getting a drink from Three Broomsticks is more fun.

Yeah, another added bonus with Three Broomsticks is you have the Hog's Head together with it, so getting a drink there is a little fun, especially since you get to see the AA Hog's head.

I would do both especially if I was there a few days. The menus are somewhat similar but have enough variety that you wouldn’t be eating the same thing both times. Or you could have breakfast at one of them.

If I had to pick only one for lunch or dinner it’s probably Three Broomsticks for the Great Feast.

i prefer to go at 1030 as it is the end of the breakfast time which closes at 11
I choose the lunch menu at 3 broomstick

many are finishing up between breafast at this time as the lunch menu starts at 1030
I find quicker service and plenty of seats available
In that hour I am there to eat, does not seem like any in the room.
breakfast dinners are about done and not many come in for lunch at 10:30

We prefer the menu at 3 Broomsticks over Leaky Cauldron. While similar, we like the options at 3 Broomsticks.

Can I make an advance reservation to the Three Broomsticks or to the Leaky Cauldron?
If so, how do I do that?

Can I make an advance reservation to the Three Broomsticks or to the Leaky Cauldron?
If so, how do I do that?

They are both counter service, so no reservations.

I like Leaky Cauldron lunch/dinner better than 3 Broomsticks. I love the Ploughman's lunch; you can get it for 1 if you ask. You can also just get the Scotch eggs. I recently had the breakfast at 3 Broomsticks, and it was pretty lackluster. I haven't had breakfast at Leaky Cauldron, but it looks better to me. I do like Hogs Head though, but it's easy to just pop into.

We have done both several times and prefer the food at 3 Broomsticks. LC isn't the greatest IMO.

As a solo I prefer Three Broomsticks due to the seating. I’ve always been able to seat myself there and I enjoy the patio tables.

I hate being sat between two large parties at those long tables at Leaky Cauldron. I was once sat a a table filled with teens, it was not comfortable.

3 Broomsticks menu= various combos of chicken and ribs
Leaky Cauldron = typical English pub faire (ie Farmer's Pies, bangers and mash, etc .

Both places however have fish and chips, both have Butterbear, but they do have location specific themed craft beers unique to each eatery.

Me, I'm a leaky cauldron guy, LOVE those bangers and bash.

Are they (LC and 3B) part of the quick service dining plan?
And are the dishes big enough to share?
We are a party of 6, and we thought maybe we can buy only 3 dining plans...

Meals at LC are NOT big enough to share. I don't eat a lot in general and I finish them myself. Sometimes if I am not very hungry I get the kids fish N chips. I don't know about some of the platters at 3 Broomsticks.
I have never bought the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter