Leaving FP Lines

mhara

Eating poisonous apples since '86
I have IBD and kidney issues and was considering applying for a DAS for my upcoming trip, but I'm still a bit anxious in case I need to leave the shorter line too. If I get a return time and have to leave a long fp queue to go to the bathroom, can we come straight back or would I need to get another return time after? Thanks!

the few times I have had to leave the FP line I just let the CM know and they have helped me.

Most of the time the CMs are understanding, at least at Disneyland, every once in a while you get one that has a power trip and won't help you though. It is not as though I am asking for the exact same place in line, just if I used a return time and I don't make it to the ride, I would like to be able to ride again. Admittedly the few problems have been reduced since MaxPass has been introduced, as it is usually not an issue as long as you haven't made it to the second scanner. Not sure how that fits in at Disney World.

Most of the time the CMs are understanding, at least at Disneyland, every once in a while you get one that has a power trip and won't help you though. .

This is the thing that really concerns me with so many accommodations being left up to the discretion of individual CM's instead of having consistent policies.

Even assuming the best will in the world, a lot of CM's are young and inexperienced, don't get a lot of training, and are spread more thinly and are more overworked every year. If they or you need a supervisor's input, they're so busy you have to wait forever for them to come.

I always remember the young Pirates CM who kept saying they weren't allowed to use the elevator to send me back up to ground level when the speed ramp was broken and I was on crutches. I don't know if he honestly believed that was true, if he didn't feel he could leave his post when there were so many people coming through, or if he decided it was just above his pay grade to be doing anything besides the usual. He finally agreed to call a supervisor, but it was a ridiculous wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!