Leaving from Fantasmic Package seating?

cathyz

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We'll hopefully be doing this package on Dec. 2 with my Dad in an ECV. Do you also get to leave through the different entrance? I'm really concerned about him navigating through the crowds in the dark. And, where is this entrance?

Thanks!

Hi Cathy! My DW and I did Fantasmic in May with her in an ECV.

The entrance for the dinner package seating is to the left side of Oscar's Service Station (near the entrance). There is a gate and usually a CM there collecting the tickets.

From there it's a bit of a hike (or ride) to the seating area. The CMs in the reserved area keep the last two rows open for people with disabilities and their group. My wife got out of the ECV, sat on the bench and a wonderful CM took the ECV and parked it. When the show was over, he brought it back and helped her on.

When you leave, you go out the way you came in. Unfortunately, the gate you came through is closed so you have to walk around and come out where the rest of the crowd exits.

We didn't have too much trouble, but be careful. The walkway in areas is somewhat dark -- I think Disney would do well to add more lighting there! But it is just hilly, not broken -- very smooth, so there shouldn't be a problem.

THanks for your response, Steve!

I'm a little confused, though. You said you can exit the way you came in, but the gate is closed - so you need to exit with everyone else? (Sorry, I don't know how to copy from another post.) So, if you're sitting in the last 2 rows (I'm thinking you mean the top 2 rows), you just go out the long winding walkway that dumps out near Tower of Terror?

Sorry if I'm being dense!

We haven't used the dinner package, but I know where the gate is that Steve was talking about. The last 2 rows of the whole theater are used for handicapped party seating.

When the show is over, there is nota separate exit for the people who did the meal package. I think what Steve is saying is that part of your exit will be the same way you came in, but you will go past the gate where you entered and exit with the rest of the people.
My advice is to stay put for a while and let everyone else go out. If you wati, you will have much less crowded conditions fro exiting and it will be mcuh easier. You probably won't get where you are going any faster if you leave right away - it will just take you longer. We always figure we'd rather sit for an extra 10 minutes than spend that 10 minutes fighting the crowd.

I almost always use an ECV while at the Studios. CMs at Fantasmic have always been very friendly & helpful. We just usually wait until many other guests have left before we try to head out. Have fun!

With an ECV you shouldn't need the special Dinner seating. The last two rows of the entire theater are reserved for handicapped seating. Even 30 minutes before a crowded show in April we were able to go in the main entrance and were immediately shown to the reserved seating in the Mickey section which is dead center. If you go in the dinner seating area, you will not be allowed to go towards the center even if there are better seats available.

Also, if the show is especially full, and is the last/only show of the night, they will open up the exit on the dinner seating side to dump some of the folks out closer to the front of the park.

That was another one of my thoughts. Should we really use the package or would we get better seating through the regular entrance? It seems as if the "package" seating isn't as good as the center.

We'll be there on Dec. 2, a Mon. evening & there will only be one show.

With package seating you will still be at the very back of the auditorium, but also at the far right.

We have never done the dinner package and have not had a problem with seating (traveling wiht DD and her wheelchair). This March, we were there over Spring break and got to the park late. Even 1/2 hour before the show, we were still able to get good seats in the handicapped area. We still saw them bringing in wheelchair/ecv parties until just before the lights went out for the show. I wouldn't advise anyone to arrive that late, but I don't think you need to do the dinner package seating.

at Fantasmic last week (DM and her scooter got swept up the crowd because she didn't know about the entrance by Oscars, really gave her a scare). I would gently disagree with the idea that you don't need to do the dinner package if it's at all a busy time at the park, or if there is only one showing of Fantasmic. The night we did it there were at least six ECVs and one wheelchair in the standing room only area (where I'm sure they had a very difficult time seeing anything), and the handicapped area was totally packed to the gills. I am writing a polite letter to WDW about the dangerousness of putting too many people in that stadium, especially when the CMS are screaming, and yet SRO people are still trying to shove into the already full handicapped area. Love Fantasmic, but would still use the dinner package, get there an hour early, and wait for the worst of the crowd to leave at the end before attempting it myself.
Terri the Yoopermom

A lot of it is the luck of who might be there the night you go. If there are few handicapped parties, you can get a good spot even up to when the lights We've been to Fantasmic about 6 times, most of them during Spring break, right around Easter, when it is really crowded. Last March, I didn't even want to try it because it was only 30 minutes before the show when we came in, but we got really good seats. Other times, we have gotten in line about 1 hour before the show. If you come that early, I don't think you need the dinner package.
there were at least six ECVs and one wheelchair in the standing room only area......and yet SRO people are still trying to shove into the already full handicapped area.
The times we have gone, they limited ecvs and wheelchairs to the number that fit in the spaces in the back 2 rows. If they are putting wheelchairs into the SRO area, that's a problem. This year in March, we were pleasantly surprised to find the SRO crowd had been moved back behind a rail, about 12-15 feet behind the last row. In previous trips. we had a lot of trouble with the SRO crowd, who were literally breathing down our necks. One guy even stood his baby on DD's wheelchair headrest! A CM in March told us that an aisle behind the last row was now being kept clear as part of their fire exit. During the show, some people tried to stand there ("We're just walking thru"), but the CMs sent them behind the rail in the SRO area. If they have started filling in that area again with SRO, then the dinner package might be a good idea since they might not have SRO behind that area.

Terri, many times when we have watched Fantasmic from the handicapped section, there have been CMs telling guest they can not stand behind the people in wheelchairs, ECVs, etc. I realize the CMs haea very difficult job because many guests don't care, understand, whatever. The same goes for the handicallped seating area. Guests think they can just step over the rope & have a seat. I have complimented many CMs for taking on this job - I usually try to find a manager & let them know, too how hard the CM has worked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter