Leaving in 3 weeks....feeling stressed....am I thinking too much?

LMDisneygirl

I'd rather be at Disney!
The stress isn't your normal stress like "What will I pack" or "How can I get it all done before I leave" or even "I haven't made all my ADRs". Let me explain it this way......

The first time I went to Disneyworld as an adult was for my honeymoon, and we were just plain excited to go. :dance3: We did a fair amount of Disney guidebook reading, researched and decided on a resort, thought about where we might like to eat a few of our meals, and mostly just got very excited about our trip. I'm guessing it's that way for many people, unless you're one of the people who finds the DIS before your first trip, then all bets are off! We didn't know every little hint and tip, but we had a great time! :cool1:

The next few times we went, we did a lot of exploring and planning for our trip. Since we were big Disney lovers after going on our honeymoon we loved obsessing in the planning! We spent hours and hours reading guidebooks, looking up park hours, parade and firework times, planning meals and park days in advance, and (as of our last trip) pouring over the Disboards. We planned, talked, and prepared. And the planning was so much fun! :cheer2:

Now we're planning for our 15th anniversary trip in a few weeks. This time without the kids. :love: And instead of just being excited about being away with my husband I'm all stressed...... "6 Nights isn't enough time to do it all", "How many times do we want to get to park openings?", "How can we get up early, go to a waterpark mid day, take a nap, and stay out til 2am for an evening EMH?", "what should we do when we arrive at 1pm on our first day", "which things are most important to me?", "which are most important to my husband?", "what if we both want two different trips???", "do we really need to eat at Casey's EVERY time we go to the MK?". You know, once you've gone a few times and know what you love to do and how MUCH wonderful things there are to do, it's hard to imagine how you'll fit it all in (because really you won't).

And as DH and I do our "Disney training walks" each day I realize that we each have favorite things that we are planning on, or things that we really could do without. And I'm hoping that they will mesh together well, but I'm stressed that they won't. I make the joke that it's not a trip to Disney until I cry. But really I'd love to go and have a wonderful trip with a man I truly love to be with, and have as little conflict as possible. :love:

I know that this is my normal "pre trip stress" talking. 6 nights away with my husband is truly a GIFT, and I need to just enjoy the anticipation and have a wonderful trip. Now I just need to figure out how to chill myself out!

How has your preparation changed as you have gone on several (or even a couple) trips to the most wonderful place on earth? Do you get stressed before your trips?

Thanks for reading, and hopefully some of you will comment back too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter