Leaving in 9 days - have a DC question!

i'mgoofy

Earning My Ears
We will be at DC on May 12. What time is the best to get there? Early in the am or can we wait until mid am? Is it possible to spend a whole day there, or should we not plan for that long? It is just my husband and I, so we are pretty flexible, but I wanted to also get a good dolphin swim time. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Plan to spend the whole day there. It's expensive, so get there early and make the most of it. If you don't get there early enough, you can find yourself in a long line to collect your snorkel and swim vest.

It closes at 5.30, by which time I can guarantee that you won't want to leave.

I would definitely go from open to close. We did when we were there in March. There`s lots to do and it`s beautiful. Enjoy!

Aside from the fact that DC is a great place to be and you'll want to spend as much time there as possible, there's another reason for getting there early. You'll get first choice of when you want to have your dolphin encounter.

Many people, myself included, subscribe to the theory that it's better to be in one of the first "pods" of the day. That's because the dolphins are at their freshest and haven't gotten bored with the hordes of tourists yet.

All day isn't even enough time there...they almost had to drag us out! As far as the dolphin swim time, don't you choose that when you make your reservations, or have they changed?

When we went, they had a time set for us later in the day. I wanted one earlier and they did change it with no problems at all.

When I went last year we got there at 8:50 and they had already let some people in the gate. Get there a bit early. This year we will be there no later than 8:20 - I want to spend as much time there as possible. It is a true tropical paradise!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter