Leftover days on Disney ticket

CouponGirl

DIS Veteran
(As a example) If you have a four day ticket and then are only able to use three days do you loss that fourth day? Or can it be used at a later time or the value applied to a new ticket?

Years and years ago I remember having so many days to come back and use the leftover day, but wasn’t sure what the policy is now.

Depends on when you purchased the ticket. Newer Disney tickets have an expiration date on them. Older tickets do not expire. On the very old paper tickets that were never in any Disney computer system, it is my understanding you can redeem the amount still valid at the Guest Relations office.

As an example, I searched on a 4-day ticket that starts on December 8, 2020 and you can see the effective dates of that ticket. In this example, a newly purchased 4-day ticket first used on December 8, 2020 will expire on December 15.

Last edited:
Depends on when you purchased the ticket. Newer Disney tickets have an expiration date on them. Older tickets do not expire. On the very old paper tickets that were never in any Disney computer system, it is my understanding you can redeem the amount still valid at the Guest Relations office.

As an example, I searched on a 4-day ticket that starts on December 8, 2020 and you can see the effective dates of that ticket. In this example, a newly purchased 4-day ticket first used on December 8, 2020 will expire on December 15.
View attachment 530390
Thanks for the reply. So once it (new ticket) expires it holds no more monetary value towards new tickets?

Thanks for the reply. So once it (new ticket) expires it holds no more monetary value towards new tickets?
A wholly unused ticket that expires can be used for an upgrade to new tickets, paying any difference in cost for the new dates.

Just to throw a little confusion in here...

If your question pertains to tickets you will be purchasing for future use, then they do expire based on the ticket date and length. A 4-day ticket has a use-window of 7 days from the designated "start date."

When did you purchase your ticket? If you had a valid unexpired ticket prior to June 2020, those tickets were given an automatic extension through 9/26/2021. And it is my understanding that the days can be used at any point between now and 9/26/2021 -- even using 2 days next week and the other 2 days next month. This is special rules for those who already purchased tickets prior to the shutdown.

A wholly unused ticket that expires can be used for an upgrade to new tickets, paying any difference in cost for the new dates.

Just to throw a little confusion in here...

If your question pertains to tickets you will be purchasing for future use, then they do expire based on the ticket date and length. A 4-day ticket has a use-window of 7 days from the designated "start date."

When did you purchase your ticket? If you had a valid unexpired ticket prior to June 2020, those tickets were given an automatic extension through 9/26/2021. And it is my understanding that the days can be used at any point between now and 9/26/2021 -- even using 2 days next week and the other 2 days next month. This is special rules for those who already purchased tickets prior to the shutdown.
Thanks, that cleared up my confusion that it’s for wholly unused tickets! I knew I had seen posts about old tickets being applied to new ones but was unclear on the details.

We haven’t purchased our tickets yet. Was just trying to figure out all our options in case the kids in the group have more difficulty than anticipated with mask wearing and we need to make changes to our plans.

If you have a ticket purchased from a third party agency and that passes its hard expiration date (usually a December 31) its trade in value towards a new ticket might be less than what you paid. "Expired tickets that are rejuvenated are not bridged."

If you have a ticket purchased from a third party agency and that passes its hard expiration date (usually a December 31) its trade in value towards a new ticket might be less than what you paid. "Expired tickets that are rejuvenated are not bridged."
Thanks!

"Expired tickets that are rejuvenated are not bridged."
Where did you find that quote? Or maybe i’ve misunderstood your message. A fully-unused but expired ticket will have the value that WDW sold online for the same dates at the time the ticket was purchased. Regardless of seller. Tickets are no longer bridged to “current” or “gate” prices if a price increase occurred after the tickets were purchased. But value doesn’t revert to the discount amount paid. To my knowledge WDW does not necessarily know that amount, only the wholesale price which the reseller paid, not the price the consumer ultimately paid.

My daughter had a three day Florida resident ticket. We used one day and then Covid started. I called on 9/30 and was able to get a refund for the two unused days. I was also offered the remaining value as a credit toward a new ticket purchase.

my 23 year old still has one day left on one of the old non expiring multi park/multi day tickets wdw sold back when he was around 4 years old. we got our money's worth out of those tickets (dh, dd and i finally used our last days up about 5 years ago).

... my 23 year old still has one day left on one of the old non expiring multi park/multi day tickets wdw sold back when he was around 4 years old. ...

Good times to use up leftover days on old non-expiring tickets:

* On a vacation of one, two, three, eleven, or twelve days in the theme parks,

* On a vacation when you do not need to buy any new ticket

The value you get out of using the leftover day depends on the cost of the valid and available alternatives for example buying a new one day ticket for about $120. or adding a day to the ticket you used yesterday for about thirteen dollars.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts