Legacy FASTPASS + WoC FASTPASS?

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
Hey all,

It's been a hot minute since I've used the legacy FASTPASS system as I've been either using MaxPass at Disneyland or My Disney Experience at Walt Disney World... so I fear that I may have become a bit rusty with how the legacy system works now.

First, yes I remember you go to the machines near the attractions and grab the return time ticket and at the time printed at the bottom, you can grab another. HOWEVER... these days, haven't these paper tickets changed a bit? Aren't they reminder passes now, opposed to actual tickets to be scanned? I dunno... I seem to remember seeing them with a "THIS TICKET IS A REMINDER ONLY" disclaimer at the bottom. How exactly do these revised tickets work? Do you just show your reminder to the CM at the FASTPASS entrance as you've always done? Or is it somehow different now??

Second... I heard that the FASTPASS machines for World of Color have been moved from what were the Grizzly River Run FASTPASS area. Where are they at now? On our first day of arrival on our trip in August, we may not get into DCA until like... 2 or 3 PM... would you even suggest to check for WoC FASTPASS tickets at this time? Or would they most definitely be sold out (it will be Tuesday the 20th, if that info helps any)? I'm just not sure how much of a rush there is on WoC FASTPASS tickets these days... do the WoC tickets still not count towards your attraction passes? Or have they now been lumped in and cancel out getting anything else for an hour??

Lastly, how fast do the FASTPASS tickets for Radiator Springs Racers go these days? Would there be any chance of getting one for later in the evening by 2 - 3 or 4 PM? Or would they most likely be gone by then?? I know back when it was the newest thing, they'd be gone lightning fast (within an hour of opening, etc.) How about Guardians or the Incredicoaster?? Also... does the Frozen show still do FASTPASS? If so, where do you get those now? And at what times for each showing do they become available? Do they count towards your attractions or are they not linked to attractions like WoC was??

Sorry for the bombardment of random FASTPASS-related questions... these are just a few things that have been boggling my mind lately. No need for legacy FASTPASS advice for Disneyland though, as we'll have MaxPass over there (just not at DCA as I'll be using my CM MEP pass to get my party in). One thing I've heard is that Fantasmic! FASTPASS tickets are now available to get through MaxPass on the app, is this correct? If so... is it linked or unlinked?? When can you get them, how, etc.

Any other tips and tricks on how to navigate DCA using the legacy system would be appreciated.

Oops! Also... what about the Incredicoaster... how long do FASTPASS tickets usually last for that one? And for Toy Story Midway Mania! where are their machines now... and how long do they typically last??

This thread about MaxPass will probably help with some of your questions:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...view-and-some-strategy.3726246/#post-60074882
The paper FPs that are printed by the machines are reminders only at this point. You'll need to scan your park ticket when you return to the attraction to redeem the FP.

The last time I saw the WoC FP machines, they were positioned on the walkway between Little Mermaid and Grizzly River Run. I've seem them last late into the afternoon in the past, so it's always worth looking.

As far as I know, both WoC and F! are still "disconnected" (they were in April when I went last); meaning you can grab one or both and it does not impact your ability to get other FPs. However, you do need to have MaxPass in order to get FPs via the App. If you don't have MaxPass, you'll need to go to the FP machines.

I don't think Frozen is using the FP system anymore. Guardians and Incredicoaster both seem to last well into the day. RSR is still one of the first to run out, but I feel like it's last at least until mid-to-late-morning depending on the day. I would prioritize RSR over, Guardians and Incredicoaster (with TSMM as the next highest priority).

If you download the official Disneyland App, you can see what the current FP return times are to get a sense of when things run out. For example, the current return time for RSR is 11:45 am to 12:45 am, TSMM is 9:25 am to 10:25 am, and GotG is 9:35 am to 10:35 am.

This thread about MaxPass will probably help with some of your questions:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...view-and-some-strategy.3726246/#post-60074882
The paper FPs that are printed by the machines are reminders only at this point. You'll need to scan your park ticket when you return to the attraction to redeem the FP.

The last time I saw the WoC FP machines, they were positioned on the walkway between Little Mermaid and Grizzly River Run. I've seem them last late into the afternoon in the past, so it's always worth looking.

As far as I know, both WoC and F! are still "disconnected" (they were in April when I went last); meaning you can grab one or both and it does not impact your ability to get other FPs. However, you do need to have MaxPass in order to get FPs via the App. If you don't have MaxPass, you'll need to go to the FP machines.

I don't think Frozen is using the FP system anymore. Guardians and Incredicoaster both seem to last well into the day. RSR is still one of the first to run out, but I feel like it's last at least until mid-to-late-morning depending on the day. I would prioritize RSR over, Guardians and Incredicoaster (with TSMM as the next highest priority).

If you download the official Disneyland App, you can see what the current FP return times are to get a sense of when things run out. For example, the current return time for RSR is 11:45 am to 12:45 am, TSMM is 9:25 am to 10:25 am, and GotG is 9:35 am to 10:35 am.

Thanks so much for your insight! Where are the FP machines for TSMM located now, if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking under the awning things across from the attraction where they used to park strollers??

PP addressed a lot of your questions, but a couple more notes:
Both F! and WOC run out much faster now that they’re available with Maxpass (and yes, they’re still unlinked and don’t affect your ride FPs at all). WOC with only one show runs out early, so I’d be very surprised if there were FPs left at 2pm.

The F! machines are by the Mark Twain loading and WOC are by the Little Mermaid, towards Grizzly.

RSR FPs have very rarely lasted past noon in 2019, so without Maxpass cancellations, you’re probably out of luck by mid-afternoon.

At DCA, the order FPs typically run out is as follows: RSR (by a mile), TSMM, GOTG, Soarin’/Incredicoaster, Goofy’s/Grizzly (those last two pairs can change in ranking from day to day, especially depending on weather for Grizzly).

PP addressed a lot of your questions, but a couple more notes:
Both F! and WOC run out much faster now that they’re available with Maxpass (and yes, they’re still unlinked and don’t affect your ride FPs at all). WOC with only one show runs out early, so I’d be very surprised if there were FPs left at 2pm.

The F! machines are by the Mark Twain loading and WOC are by the Little Mermaid, towards Grizzly.

RSR FPs have very rarely lasted past noon in 2019, so without Maxpass cancellations, you’re probably out of luck by mid-afternoon.

At DCA, the order FPs typically run out is as follows: RSR (by a mile), TSMM, GOTG, Soarin’/Incredicoaster, Goofy’s/Grizzly (those last two pairs can change in ranking from day to day, especially depending on weather for Grizzly).

Thanks for the additional tips! We will probably just have to play it by ear when we actually get into the park on day of arrival... does WoC still do standby? Can you get a good viewing spot by doing standby? If so, what time should we arrive? 8 PM for a 9 PM show... or can we be later than that??

I also posted a question for you over on your thread.

Sorry to jump on your thread, but my question is in a similar vein, and I don't want to start a new thread for it. So, just to clarify, the Fastpass distribution times listed on the app are for paper Fastpasses, and not Maxpass?

Sorry to jump on your thread, but my question is in a similar vein, and I don't want to start a new thread for it. So, just to clarify, the Fastpass distribution times listed on the app are for paper Fastpasses, and not Maxpass?

It's both, I believe. They run off the same clock. It's just one you can select via the app, one you get in person...

It’s for the paper times. When you go through with maxpass it could be for earlier than that if someone canceled a fastpass or Disney decided to drop more FPs.

Thanks so much for your insight! Where are the FP machines for TSMM located now, if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking under the awning things across from the attraction where they used to park strollers??
Yes, that's where the TSMM FPs were in April. I don't think they've moved.

Both WoC and F! have standby viewing areas. I'd plan on arriving at least an hour ahead of time at a minimum.

I believe the TSMM and IC FP machines are right next to each other on the boardwalk basically across from the Critter Carousel.

I don't recall the composition of your party but if you don't mind being briefly separated and all kids in the party are 7 or older do Single Rider, that's probably your best bet for your arrival day for RSR. The SR line moves pretty fast for that ride.

I believe the TSMM and IC FP machines are right next to each other on the boardwalk basically across from the Critter Carousel.

I don't recall the composition of your party but if you don't mind being briefly separated and all kids in the party are 7 or older do Single Rider, that's probably your best bet for your arrival day for RSR. The SR line moves pretty fast for that ride.

Thanks for the tips!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!