Legacy Ticket Question

carlbarry

DIS Veteran
Since I am considered the Disney expert at my house of worship, someone approached me today with 5 old paper tickets.
Four were the standard old paper tickets, with 4 parks one visit each. On the back was printed that they are complimentary "K Tickets" with a 1998 date.
So of course the question is for the experts out there: Are these still valid?
By the way, the fifth ticket was one I have never seen before. It is rectangular, printed in a vertical format, and had dates it was valid rubber stamped on the back.
Thanks.

I just read a story of someone using a very old ticket to enter Disneyland. So, providing they were not used and didn’t have an expiration I’d say yes! I believe you can call ticketing and they can look them up to confirm!

@Robo Curator or the Ticketing FAQ may have additional clarification, but from what I’ve read, all pre-expiring unused tickets can be exchanged.
The slight disadvantage of redeeming only tickets is not being able to reserve FP+

I had an old complimentary 1 day park hopper paper ticket from 1992 that I traded in at guest services in 2017. At that time they issued me a new plastic card that could be added to MDE and used to make advance FP for a future trip. Disney definitely honors old tickets even if they are the paper ones from way back when.

Disney definitely honors old tickets even if they are the paper ones from way back when.

Knowing that Disney will always honor old tickets, I have two unused 4-day park hoppers back from 2000. I haven't traded them in yet, but my assumption is that when I do, WDW will be able to add/keep the no-expiration validity. Otherwise, I would have to ask for 8 single day hoppers, but would prefer not to go that route.

Knowing that Disney will always honor old tickets, I have two unused 4-day park hoppers back from 2000. I haven't traded them in yet, but my assumption is that when I do, WDW will be able to add/keep the no-expiration validity. Otherwise, I would have to ask for 8 single day hoppers, but would prefer not to go that route.
I've updated 10 entry no expiring, not that old but from maybe 2010, and they kept the non expiring function with no problem.

@Robo Curator or the Ticketing FAQ may have additional clarification, but from what I’ve read, all pre-expiring unused tickets can be exchanged.
The slight disadvantage of redeeming only tickets is not being able to reserve FP+

Just to clarify, it isn't a restriction on the ticket specifically. It's just that the online system won't be able to process the paper ticket since it has to be exchanged in person. If you have an alternate ticket for example, you can still book FP+ and then exchange your ticket and use it w/o losing the FP.

Your assumption is correct, but it varies from time to time. We had a partially used 10-day no expiration, park hopper, plus waterpark tickets. They were able to convert these for us, but as a result they have an expiration date far in the future (30 years I believe) During one of our trips, the converted ticket was in the wrong use order - we used a current ticket instead; so they reinbursed us for those days that pulled from the wrong ticket. Unfortunately, they were single day use tickets with a 10 year expiration.

But, we also had about a dozen 10 day non expiration tickets w/ park hopper that were unused. We're cycling through them slowly, and they have always been added to the account as is without a problem but occasionally they will show an expiration and some will remain as no expiration. So YMMV based on their systems, but even the ones that show with an expiration typically get changed back at a later date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter