Legally a Lush... Celebrating in Disney

mmasse5

Earning My Ears
my name's Michelle and I'm turnin 20 next week, but I'm already planning my next Disney Trip for NEXT Christmas. It'll be myself, and 3 of my best girlfriends. We're going to go the week between finals and the actual week of Christmas. We were going to do a summer trip BUT it's just too hot! AND one of our girls wouldn't be 21 yet. Yes, that's the big thing... we will all be 21 finally and this is our "big girl trip." We're alreayd planning and plotting, but once this August rolls around we are puttin down the money and it'll finally be a reality!

We all consider ourselves a certain princess, as i'm sure everyone considers themself to be a character. One of my girlfriend, Leann has an extreamly loud and carefree personality and she is just itchin to dress up like a princess, which you can't do in disney... so we're thinking of dressing up as princesses with a little twist. we're going to make our own tutus! basically like princess ballarinas. we're from louisiana, we're used to Mardi Gras, not to mention i was in a sorority, so dressing up for themed events is like a second nature to us. We're also looking to design a trip shirt.

So i hope you can enjoy (and envy, hehhe) my trip planning, but any help or advice would DEFINITELY help!

Great start Michelle! I can't wait what y'all plan for your first adult trip without your parents. I'm glad I could pass on my love of Disney and planning to you.

Me too !! But I can't be of help with the drinks !! Iwill leave that to others who know them soooo well!!!!

Great start, Michelle! And nice to "meet" you. I've been chatting with your mom on here for almost a year now. :rotfl:

Your plans look and sound exciting. I wish I could have taken a friends trip like that when I was younger. Sounds like so much fun!

Hey Michelle! I'm planning a big-girl trip with me and my DBF for this August! I'll be 21, and he'll be turning 22. Maybe we can discover the good drinks, together!

well thank yall for following this for me! i really appreciate it! and yes, any ideas on drinks would help and DEFINITELY get the girls even MORE excited for our trip. my birthday was this past wednesday and one of my disney girls, emily, got me a big makeup bag with a note that says "this is for disney." it's kinda far away but i'm stoked! what all do i need to do to get ready for this? i got a trip binder but i don't even know where to start! i made a really cute cover... but that's as far as i've gotten.

well thank yall for following this for me! i really appreciate it! and yes, any ideas on drinks would help and DEFINITELY get the girls even MORE excited for our trip. my birthday was this past wednesday and one of my disney girls, emily, got me a big makeup bag with a note that says "this is for disney." it's kinda far away but i'm stoked! what all do i need to do to get ready for this? i got a trip binder but i don't even know where to start! i made a really cute cover... but that's as far as i've gotten.

I hear Lapu Lapu's at the Poly are great!!!

Oh drinks....well, let's see.....

Yes, Rosie is right the Lapu Lapu's are wonderful! You will find them at the Polynesian resort in either restaurant.

Also my favorites are:

~Octopus Juice at Coral Reef restaurant in Epcot.
~Grey Goose Lemon slushy martini in France. There is also an orange flavored one that looks really good!
~Margarita's in Mexico. Here you have the regular margarita or the strawberry, or mango....OR you can get all 3 on top of each other in one glass. Now THAT is good stuff!!
~Caveman Punch at T-Rex cafe'
~Blue Glow-tini. I'm not sure if they still have this. They had it as part of the "year of a million dreams" but maybe they kept it around?? I haven't seen anyone drinking it, though.

The only other drink I've tried was the Bellini in Italy which is Martini & Rossi champagne mixed with peach. I personally didn't care for it. I like Martini & Rossi, I just didn't like it with peach.

I also had mango margarita's out by the pool this summer on our trip. Those were super good!

ohhhhhht he triple margarita sounds like a must!
i know there's something in a pinnapple at Ohana's that my brother got once that i'd really be interested to try! so we're going to be putting the money down and booking the days in a MONTH now... so where do we start? are there cheaper days? anyone been at this time of year? i've always just left everything up to mom. now that i'm doing this on my own i'm not sure what to do!

so i'm planning on getting together with my girls this week to start making serious plans. what all do i need to know before we get together?

i know a few big things:
room
dinning plan stuff
tickets

anything else special?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter