Legit-Email from Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Research???

LNMom

Mouseketeer
I have received several emails from "Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts Research" inviting me to take a survey (that was linked) about my recent online experience searching for park tickets (which I have been doing, and may have done while logged into My Disney Experience). I took the survey, and now I worry that it was a scam. At the end of the survey, I was offered $100 if I chose to be part of a 45-minute face-to-face interview (if selected to participate then the interview via webcam; someone would call me [my phone number was requested] to provide me with login information for the interview).

Okay, even as I type this, my gut says this was a scam.

Has anyone else received an email like this?

Did the survey ask you for any personal information? If so then yes it likely was a scam. If not then it’s likely real. Disney does send surveys after guests use websites and apps.

That said I’ve never heard of a face to face interview via webcam before.
Thank you!

I’ve done in-person surveys a few times while on property (taken to a secluded area and answer a bunch of questions on a computer), and at most I’ve been given anytime FPs or once I was given a $25 gift card.

This hasn’t happened in two or three years though. And never via email - I’ve always been stopped by a Research CM in the park.

A few years ago I received an email request for what I would call a non-traditional Disney survey. It didn’t have the same look and feel as the “normal” surveys many of us receive after trips. But there was enough connected Disney info specific to my trip history in the first communication that it had a legit feel to it.

No webcams or anything but you did have to participate in a series of online chat sessions and interact with other survey respondents.

It was definitely different and I remember when signing up thinking “I sure hope this is OK” but it turned out all was good.

Your setup sounds different though, but just noting sometimes they do (either themselves or through vendors) do “different” types of surveys.

I might try searching Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Research and see if you can find a contact info with them to reach out to verify if legitimate.

Hope it turns out OK for you.

I just filled out a survey that I received by email. Didn't fill out any personal information, seemed legit to me. My wife had done an in-person survey while we were in the parks last week, so maybe that's how they got my info as well.

Someone in my family did an in-person interview in MK, and received a "lipstick" cellphone charger for doing it, so they have offered things in the past... I've done a lot of email surveys from them but never the webcam/money offer, for whatever that's worth. If you find out, let us know (please lol).

I was invited to do the same survey yesterday. That said, I was not invited to do a face to face.

I got a similar offer a couple of years ago. It was a video chat survey with a nice lady/girl. All about my experience using photopass. Easy and fun - always love talking Disney even without being paid! I got a check shortly thereafter. I think it was for $100.

I got a similar offer a couple of years ago. It was a video chat survey with a nice lady/girl. All about my experience using photopass. Easy and fun - always love talking Disney even without being paid! I got a check shortly thereafter. I think it was for $100.

Aha I found the email! It came from invite at disneysurveys dot com.

mail

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing our survey about your recent experience on the Disney PhotoPass website!

As one of our valued guests, we would like to invite you to participate in additional research to help us better understand how you use Disney PhotoPass and interact with the website. Your feedback will help us improve the Disney PhotoPass website experience.

• What: An outside research firm (AIM) is conducting the research on our behalf. A 75-minute session will be held via telephone and an online meeting platform accessed through a web link. (No program download is required.) You will be asked to log in to the online meeting platform and chat with a moderator, which can be done from the convenience of your home or office.
  • When: July 22, 23, or 24, 2014
  • Why: In return for your participation, you will receive $100 for the 75-minute session (paid directly by AIM, the research firm, after completion of the research).
If you would like to participate in this research study, please send an e-mail containing the following information to [not sure if I can post this] or call her at 973-xxx-xxxx. Space is very limited so we encourage you to respond quickly.

Your first and last name
Phone number including area code
Primary e-mail address
Best time for our research partner to contact you

Space is very limited so we encourage you to respond quickly.

Your responses and contact information will be kept strictly confidential. Thank you in advance for your time and valued feedback!

Sincerely,
The Cast of the Walt Disney World Resort

I can’t speak for the legitimacy of the process you went through, but I work in marketing and it is pretty standard to offer money in the neighborhood of $100 for someone’s time to participate in a market research study with a 1-on-1 interview or focus group. If you get picked it will be because the questions you answered place you in the sweet spot of the type of person they are interested in hearing from.

I got it, too. I have spent a lot of time in the ticket section of wdw.com so I figured it was legit.

Reactions: cm8
I have done surveys in the past year where I was asked to do a follow up interview with Disney. It was a phone interview, though, not webcam. I got a $25.00 Disney Gift card in the mail for my participation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter