• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Legnth of DVC ownership!

renessa

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I am trying to figure out how many trips I could take on DVC points (and how many I would need annually) during the time frame of membership. I appologize if this has already been answered or if it belongs somewhere else. Do you own for 10 years, 20? And how does "banking" work. If there is a site with info I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your time and information. :p

Hi, Renessa,

DVC expires in January, 2042. Until then, each year, on the first of a specific month (known as your "use year"), your points renew.

For example, suppose you decide to purchase 250 points and your use year is February:

Every year on February 1st, you receive 250 points to use to make reservations. The points "expire" (i.e., you lose any unused points) on the following January 31 unless you bank them.

Banking them just means that you notify Member Services that you want to use them next year. (You can also borrow points from the next use year). There are limitations on the number of points you can bank depending on when you call to bank them. For example, you can bank up to 100% of your February use year points if you do it by the end of July. There are other rules and the "deadlines" depend on your use year.

The best place to get your questions answered is on the DVC Forum. There are lots of helpful DVC experts that frequent that board and you should get good information and good advice to help you make a decision.

Here's a link to that board:

http://www.disboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=28

Renessa, sounds like you are very new to this concept. It's tricky to grasp at first. I would also suggest you look at the official site www.disneyvacationclub.com and ask for them to send you the information. DVC knows how to explain their product and the folks here will help "fill in the blanks" for you.

DVC is extremely flexible and the question of "how many vacations" is hard to answer. It depends on how many points you buy, which resort you want to stay at, the size of the room and the time of year as well as weekday vs. weekend. Roughly speaking, the minimum 150 point purchase could give you anything from 7-13 days in a studio at any resort depending on time of year or one night in a Grand Villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter