Lego Cinderella's Castle

Reality is this set could last anywhere from a few months to 5 years. It's also likely that if you don't get this initially, you might not be able to get it until weeks or months later. A similar situation happened with other similar sets, like the recent Batman Tumbler. Lego has a track record of undershooting demand for these kinds of big one-shots, then catching up later. I doubt you'll not be able to pick one up eventually, as it's not a limited edition or anything.

Being an exclusive, it won't be available in normal retailers (Amazon, Target, etc.) for a while, if at all, but you will be able to get it from Lego directly and apparently Disney Stores too.

This will be officially available September 1st, but likely this will be available early (middle August) for Lego VIP members (anyone can join).

From my view, if you want it, get it whenever you can. This thing will be ridiculous on the aftermarket.

Now I agree with this...

It's likely the initial wave will sell fairly quickly...but that doesn't mean it will be restricted to eBay after.

It may be back ordered till 2017 though...so if you want it for Christmas...best order it now

I missed something...when did discontinued sets from days of yore selling for big bucks on eBay come into debate?

I missed something...who's debating?

Nobody...

But it's a tad confusing when people who are not lego addicts ask if they should be worried about being able to find this set and then later down the chain you see "milennium falcon: $52,316"

It just could be confusing

By the way...I have the original falcon in my attic somewhere (opened)...and the 2003 ish empire set sealed...

Can i buy a house with those?

I think it was more to help illustrate the potential impossibility of picking this up in the aftermarket after it retires for anything near a reasonable price. Granted, people will have plenty of time to get it, but there are those who will wait too long for the "right sale," and find it suddenly gone. Btw, this thing will probably never go on sale.

As for your falcon, you could buy a tiny house...in Montana.

You can buy the Disney minifigures online toys r us, but the limit is 2 per order. They had 20% off one of the sets my son wanted from Jurrasic World, so I picked up two. When I was at MK in May, they had lots of them at one of the Main Street stores. I bought two for each of my kids, but didn't want to look piggy, so I didn't get more than that. Regretting it, because I'd love to have more. I'm planning to pick up the castle when it comes out and it would be cool to have some to add to that set.

As soon as I saw this I wanted it, however that price although on par with lego and disney, is way out of my price range... sigh where's the blue fairy when you need her

There's not much more to say about it that hasn't already been written in these 5 pages. It comes out in September with a VIP mid-August release.

There's not much more to say about it that hasn't already been written in these 5 pages. It comes out in September with a VIP mid-August release.
thanks i guess i should have been more specific. i was wondering how the mid august vip release works. i registered but have never bought that way before. do they just send you an email? is it like disney store where they do it in the middle of the night? ( lol i have never, not once, been successful at those in the past when the le pins went on sale) . just wondering how difficult it will be to get this in august and how it works. thanks : )

thanks i guess i should have been more specific. i was wondering how the mid august vip release works. i registered but have never bought that way before. do they just send you an email? is it like disney store where they do it in the middle of the night? ( lol i have never, not once, been successful at those in the past when the le pins went on sale) . just wondering how difficult it will be to get this in august and how it works. thanks : )
If you are a VIP member, it will be available to you online beginning August 17. You will have to be logged into your Lego VIP account in order to order it. If you have a Lego Store in your area, you simply show up at the store and show your VIP card or membership number and they will allow you to purchase it. I don't think getting one during the VIP early release will be that difficult. Could be totally wrong on that, but it's an expensive enough set that I think sales will be swift, but not immediate sell-out.

If you are a VIP member, it will be available to you online beginning August 17. You will have to be logged into your Lego VIP account in order to order it. If you have a Lego Store in your area, you simply show up at the store and show your VIP card or membership number and they will allow you to purchase it. I don't think getting one during the VIP early release will be that difficult. Could be totally wrong on that, but it's an expensive enough set that I think sales will be swift, but not immediate sell-out.
thank you : )

I'll be at WDW on the 17th when this becomes available to Lego VIPs. Does anyone know if I'd be able to use my 10% pass holder discount on this? Or would this likely be excluded?

Never can tell if they will or will not honor discounts (don't count on it). But, please do report back on your results!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!