Legoland -- How far away is it?

If she likes legos I am sure she would enjoy it. The thing I like about Legoland is that its very...kid powered. If you want to make the cars go in the Driving School, you have to make them go. If you want to go on the Motorboat Cruise, you have to make your boat go. I think that makes it work for any age person. :goodvibes

Plus, I could literally spend 3 hours walking around looking at the lego creations. In Miniland the New York landscape is taller...7 feet maybe? More? And many of the buildings use clear legos so you can see inside the building. The New Orleans landscape has a funeral procession (thats a little sad now hunh? I hadnt thought of that...) and the White House and Capital Building have to be seen to be believed. On the boat tour, the Taj Mahal is truly amazing....how they make the trim look so lacy, with square legos, is amazing. The rule is that the lego creators can only use pre-fab legos and cannot modify them in any way. When we got back we checked a book out at the library that I wished we had gotten before the trip that showed how they created some of the structures and how long it had taken. Its called Ultimate Lego Book and you can find it at Amazon.

I think it would depend if she is an old fashioned 11 year old, or a could be 16, 11 year old. If you see what I mean. If the former I think she could still enjoy it if it is anything like the one in Windsor there are live shows too, and they are introducing more thrill rides.

I've been to Legoland 3 times and written a 12 page article on it for our magazine Theme Parks Magazine, add to that Im 28 years old and have no kids and I still love Legoland. Its a great park, extremely clean, beautiful landscaping, decent, healthy food and the rides are cute! Plus I also love LEGO bricks :)

When we went about 2 summers ago we did drive from Carlsbad to Disneyland it only took maybe an hour and a half maximum and it was in the summer, around 4PM in the afternoon...

Legoland is more suited to younger families, but its not just kiddie rides, they have a Test Track (not like EPCOT) roller coaster, that has a pretty decent drop on it, I think its about 60 feet, and its a pretty wild ride, and I've ridden about 170 coasters or so. They also have the Dragon coaster which has a kind of neat sorcerer's and dragons dark ride section before the actual roller coaster itself. The rest of the coaster is like Gadget's Go Coaster. Miniland is the most amazing part of the whole park though. You also should try the apple fries they have, those are very good. :)

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter