length of stay tickets?

rapunzal

DIS Veteran
Arriving May 31-June 3...we are going to just swim on Monday and hit the parks on Mon and Tues. (Early flight on Thursday Home). What is the price for a two day length of stay? Are these like hoppers...jump park to park? Are they worth it compared to single day tickets? Price for adult and child. Thanks

Now they are called "Ultimate Park Hoppers" or UPH, but still let you into everything on Disney property for the length of your stay. If you plan to visit Disney Quest, the water parks and other such stuff during your stay, they can be a good deal. But for most of us, the PH or PHP passes are a better deal. and if you're going to be there more than 8 days, the AP becomes a cost effective option. Best to check out the ticket comparisons on Mousesavers.com and AllEarsNet.com for a full review of your options.

Keep in mind that the UPH are for onsite guests only (you didn't say where you were staying) and that they are related to how many nights you have your onsite reservation. It looks like you have a 3 night reservation which would give you 4 day access in all the parks. YOu only want 2 days in the parks, so you might end up paying too much money for just 2 days. (you don't get to save left over park days). The Park Hopper passes might work better for you; the lowest number of days disney has is a 4 day park hopper pass (doesn't include waterparks or Disney quest)...but they days never expire and you could use them on another trip....so the money isn't "lost".

I also have a 3 night ressie in August...but I'm not going to go to the parks for 4 days (not that I don't WANT too, just can't afford the time)...so I am breaking up my reservation. Made a 2 night reservation so I can purchase a 3 day 2 night UPH and then a 1 night ressie...and just having faith that they won't make me change rooms.

Good luck in your decision.

~Cindy Z in CT

If you're staying onsite, and want Ultimate Park Hoppers, with only two days in the parks, there is a way around that, but it would be a serious pain in the butt.

You could make 3 reservations.

1 reservation for May 31. A new reservation for June 1. You'd put passes on that reservation. They'd be valid from your check-in on June 1 until midnight of June 2. You'd then need one more reservation for June 2. Each day, you'd have to go to the front desk and check out of the previous room, and into the new one. NOT a fun experience.

If you do not want an UPH for all the days of you onsite stay, you are allowed to drop the first and last day of you UPH passes. In order to do this you can not buy a package or order the passes when you book your room. You just add them to you room reservation when you check into the hotel. So if you are staying 4 days, 3 nights you are able to only pay for 2 days in the park as long as the days you are leaving off are the 1st and last. I hope this makes sense . I believe the price for a 2 day UPH is $129 per adult.

One advantage of the UPH is that if you lose it, the front desk will cancel and reissue another (since it is also your room key). Lose a regular park hopper and you are likely out of luck. This was never a concern of mine until they started Fast Pass and with all the in and out from my belly pack to the FP machines and back... well I did lose mine.

Can you only drop the first AND the last or can you drop just the first or just the last days from the UPH. I am staying 3 nights and going to the parks the first, second, and third days and just relaxing on the 4th day (day of check out) before our flight home. So I'd want to ONLY drop the last day....would that work (rather than have to check out of hotel room and check back in)

Thank you,

Cindy Z in CT

I have read prior posts on the boards about dropping both. We personaly have only ever dropped 1st or last day. So yes you can drop only the last day if you like.I know when you make you reservation the CM's probably don't even know about this but I bet if you call the hotel you are staying in they can tell you. Anyone else either done this or no of someone who has?

If you get your UPH as part of a package, you cannot drop days. If you buy it at the desk, you may be able to drop either the first or last or both. Just depends.

I also just checked on Mousesavers. I knew originally I had read about doing this somewhere. She has it listed under WDW tickets under Advise & tips. I wish I could figure out how to just post the website, but haven't learned that yet. I hope this helps.

I also see she mentions that you can also get UPH for only some of the people in the room if you do it at the resort when you check in. Tickets are more expensive if you wait to get them at the hotel, but we have always found it to be cheaper to take off the days if we don't need them.

Take a look at what Mousavers has to say about "splitting" your stay and how to do it. Right below it is a few paragraphs about not getting everybody in your room UPHs ifthey don't need them.
MouseSavers.com - Ticket Advise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter