Length of Vacation?

We haven't yet gone anywhere really far that we felt we need to add extra time to make the trip worth it. That being said, I am usually ready to come home after a week. Most of our trips are 4 nights which gives us time to settle in, decompress and relax before heading home.

Did I ever say that? No. I just stated that in the US, we typically don't get as much time off as other countries around the world. Depending on the job you have in the US, you could have a ton or no time off, so yeah.

My comments were related to the bolded below - just my interpretation of what you said.

For a decent amount of international visitors to the US (we'll say Disney, since this is a Disney board) they have countries that actually appreciate the work people do and give them ample time to get away from work.

Ya'll drive from ATL? I almost did that once when I lived there, we got as far as the airport and hopped the next flight...lol.

Unless one has a medical condition such as yours or some other extenuating circumstances, short flights are a complete waste of money - especially when one factors in the cost of multiple tickets. The total door to door time on such a flight is about the same car vs plane, and anything shorter actually favors the car.

Unless one has a medical condition such as yours or some other extenuating circumstances, short flights are a complete waste of money - especially when one factors in the cost of multiple tickets. The total door to door time on such a flight is about the same car vs plane, and anything shorter actually favors the car.

That was before I was hurt and other than my balance, I'm pretty good most days. I've just always hated being in the car. I routinely fly to atl from Nashville which loads of people find crazy. I hate driving though, and I prefer someone else have to think about all that. (Personal note, I haven't had to pay for a domestic flight since like 03-04, so that does impact my particular travel habits.) the door to door on Nashville to Atl driving/flying is almost exact, but with traffic it can be ugly and flying is shorter...or a flight gets delayed and driving would be shorter. Atl to Orlando is probably 7 hours though and that's too long of a drive - for me. Y'all keep doing your road trips though - I love the trio reports, because I know I'd never, ever do it. I won't drive la to Vegas:)

We tend to do one long vacation - 2 weeks or even 2.5 a year. Plus we do a week at the beach and a week staycation in the summer.

I have 25 days of vacation time. It's expensive to travel from where we live since we are rather isolated and a small market. If I'm flying somewhere I'm going long enough to make it worthwhile!

Self employed, 5 nights is usually the max but have done a few 8s over a holiday weekend. I have not had over that in 40 years. We do a lot of short ones though. This weekend Disney Grand California we are DVC members, its a 30 minute drive. We love san diego for a night, used to do a lot of Vegas but its kinda of a pit now, we do a couple 5 day waikikis a year and a few football roadtrips. This year Chicago and Notre Dame.. Dying to get back to Key West soon. No African safaris for us. Its a quick trip and back home

Wow! You get a lot of time off.

I get 12 "vacation" days a year, dh gets 4 weeks a year since he's been there so long.

Wow that is not much vacation time- at my job you got 11 days from the first year you were hired then after 5 it went to 16 days and up from there. When I retired I had 26 days vacation, 7 personal days, 12 sick days and 13 paid holidays a year- hope your vacation time goes up soon!

The longest we have done are one week vacations.
For a long time, we traveled using a time-share week.

Our last real trip was 4 nights... It was an expensive destination, and except for some air-miles, it was totally out of pocket.
We have taken short trips to manage the costs.
That last trip was TOO short! Especially since it rained the first couple days.

When factoring in the time and effort of travel, I would have to have 5 nights to really have time to relax and decompress!
We have done 4, but that is cutting it a little short.

I would prefer 2 weeks. Unfortunately, where I work they complain if you miss more than 7 days at a time.

Last few years I've only gone to WDW and up north in Michigan (which is beautiful). So typically only go for 4 or 5 nights at a time.

Can I choose never ending?

I have never yet met a vacation I wanted to come home from.

/Except that one time in Vegas

Depends on what/where. Disney I like to do about 5 days. Any more, i get burned out and very stressed about money. When I travel internationally, I prefer a minimum of 2.5 weeks- the flights are so expensive! I'm planning a graduation trip to Asia after I finish my PhD, that's gonna be almost 2 months long. I also do weekend trips to various, closer places like the beach 4 hours away.

That was before I was hurt and other than my balance, I'm pretty good most days. I've just always hated being in the car. I routinely fly to atl from Nashville which loads of people find crazy. I hate driving though, and I prefer someone else have to think about all that. (Personal note, I haven't had to pay for a domestic flight since like 03-04, so that does impact my particular travel habits.) the door to door on Nashville to Atl driving/flying is almost exact, but with traffic it can be ugly and flying is shorter...or a flight gets delayed and driving would be shorter. Atl to Orlando is probably 7 hours though and that's too long of a drive - for me. Y'all keep doing your road trips though - I love the trio reports, because I know I'd never, ever do it. I won't drive la to Vegas:)

We are the same way and regularly commute by air rather than drive the approx 4 hours. In fact, anything 4 hours plus we fly. We've taken road trips in the past and those days are long over for us.

They say if you can drive to your destination in less than 4 hours, then you should drive vs fly. From a financial standpoint. (And I have no idea who "they" are, lol)

We are going on a 3 week vacation at the end of July-early Aug. We are driving across the country and back. 5 days on the road of that.

Dh will have to do some work from the road, we know that going in. I work for the schools, so I am off.

They say if you can drive to your destination in less than 4 hours, then you should drive vs fly. From a financial standpoint. (And I have no idea who "they" are, lol)

We are driving 4000 miles this summer. And it will still be much cheaper than flying for all 5 of us to go. I have priced it out. $2,000 for airline tickets and we need a van, so another $1,500 for a vehicle rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!