Lessor known things to do in Magic Kingdom

Flag retreat at Main Street Square is a must. I dare you not to cry when you become overwhelmed with emotion while watching all the veterans take part in the ceremony.

This! It's been on my list for a while now, but I'm definitely going to take it in on my next trip.

Also, for those of you who like the Muppets at the HoP, take a few minutes before or after to sit in the rocking chairs on the porch and watch the World go by.

Definitely do the pirates scavenger hunt. We did that last trip and it took most of our day but that's what my son wanted to do! That was his favorite! We also did Tom Sawyers Island - there's a fort to explore and bumpy rope bridges to cross. You take a little raft ride over to the island. The sword in the stone is next to the carousel - that's is fun to try and watch you can pull it out. The railroad is a good way to rest while having a ride and to get to the other side of the park without walking. I think we are going to try the haunted mansion portrait next time! Check out the barbershop quartet in front of the barbershop. We were watching and there was even a photographer there taking pictures of us watching then he came over and scanned my band - I had no idea!

Me again - what is “The kiss goodnight” at the castle?
It's a very short and sweet music and light show at the castle that starts shortly after the fireworks end. If you Google "The Kiss Goodnight" you will find several blog articles explaining much better than I can. After watching the projection and fireworks show it is VERY low key but if you have already stayed at the park that long I think it's worth it even if just to be able to leave the park without having to fight the crowds.

Me again - what is “The kiss goodnight” at the castle?
It's a very short and sweet music and light show at the castle that starts shortly after the fireworks end. If you Google "The Kiss Goodnight" you will find several blog articles explaining much better than I can. After watching the projection and fireworks show it is VERY low key but if you have already stayed at the park that long I think it's worth it even if just to be able to leave the park without having to fight the crowds.
As the person who posted the Kiss Goodnight above - there's not much more I'd add to the description. Shortly before the park closes, they run this - the music swells, the Castle twinkles and there's a very lovely voiceover regarding Walt Disney and thanking guests for spending their day in the parks. It is low key - although that's part of its charm. It's also the only castle park that runs this - you won't find it anywhere other than MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter