Let’s Talk Mask Designs and Styles!

Called Disney, was on hold 45 minutes... They are replacing my medium masks with large, that will ship at the end of this month. They are replacing my husband's large masks with extra large, that will ship at the "end of August" (no actual date given for either set). I asked if she could alter our second order, as it still shows as "processing". We both got Pixar on this order so all they need to do is make the medium an extra large, but she said it's too close to shipping and it was too late to alter it. I will have to call back when it arrives and go through this process again. She did offer the choice of refund, credit, or exchange.

Called Disney, was on hold 45 minutes... They are replacing my medium masks with large, that will ship at the end of this month. They are replacing my husband's large masks with extra large, that will ship at the "end of August" (no actual date given for either set). I asked if she could alter our second order, as it still shows as "processing". We both got Pixar on this order so all they need to do is make the medium an extra large, but she said it's too close to shipping and it was too late to alter it. I will have to call back when it arrives and go through this process again. She did offer the choice of refund, credit, or exchange.

I’ll definitely need to call later this week. So far we are 4 sets in (another 2 on the way) and none of them will fit. The small is too small for the kids and the mediums are too small for us adults. The mediums seem to work OK for the kids and it sounds like we would probably need large or maybe XL for the two of us. What a mess...

I've driven through my local Starbucks a couple times in the last month and they have sign up in the drive through that say you have to wear a mask when you get to the window. I assumed that was all Starbucks, but I guess not after seeing your link.
Maybe HQ started rolling out the policy over the last month and is just now releasing the story to the media? Whatever the reason, it will help the employees if there is a consistent policy in place.

You can finally order masks in the European Disneystore as well!
https://www.shopdisney.co.uk/brands/disney-store/face-cloth-coverings
It’s pre order for now and they are supposed to start shipping end of August...(31st)

(Grrr... I would have needed them a week earlier... my little vacation to the Baltic Sea starts on that day... but if(!) I am able to squeeze in a weekend trip to Disneyland Paris those would be handy)

Now the only question is which is the right size and if Disney measured the “new European” sizes correctly or if they are also running small...

Last edited:
Bought some masks from DTD disney today. Man oh man do they run small. I bought one medium just to see. And then bought 3 Large. I have a small face, and the Large fits. I didn't see any Extra Large masks. They are very cute though!

Please call ShopDisney customer service to let them know about this. It really is important for them to know the extent of this quality control (or lack thereof) problem. People in other threads have received refunds or replacement masks (the ship date is later this summer).
Bought some masks from DTD disney today. Man oh man do they run small. I bought one medium just to see. And then bought 3 Large. I have a small face, and the Large fits. I didn't see any Extra Large masks. They are very cute though!
On the larges do they all fit the same around the ears? I bought online and the masks all fit diiferently around the ears with one much tighter than the others, they are all larges

On the larges do they all fit the same around the ears? I bought online and the masks all fit diiferently around the ears with one much tighter than the others, they are all larges
@DLgal has posted that if you pull the ear loops until the thread pops, the ear loops will fit much better. Might be worth a try!

@DLgal has posted that if you pull the ear loops until the thread pops, the ear loops will fit much better. Might be worth a try!
What do u mean by pops? will i avtually hear something, i have been stretching it out with my hands and i havent heard anything pop? Id like to try but i dont want to break it

What do u mean by pops? will i avtually hear something, i have been stretching it out with my hands and i havent heard anything pop? Id like to try but i dont want to break it
Ask @DLgal -- you can ask here or try sending her a PM -- I'm sure she'll explain. :)

Here are two options:
Stretch them until you hear threads pop. That will do it. They stretch out quite a bit.
Other posters have suggested that if you accidentally stretch too far and the threads break/unravel, try re-sewing over the seams with a looser stitch.

I cut off the ear loops and made new ones with elastic.

I have just found that they stretch quite a bit. You don't have to stretch them to the point of threads popping, but if you do, they will stay loose. I find I have to stretch the ear loops periodically as I'm wearing the mask, or my ears get sore. I haven't ripped any of mine yet, but I did hear seams pop on a couple. Can't find any visible damage though so not sure what popped.

For me, comfort is an important factor. The less I have to fuss with it, the better and longer it can do its job.

I found a mask that was designed for exercising in and it’s been working great for me. It’s made of a stretchy material with a velcro strap and uses the front vented style replacement filters. It’s not very Disney (It’s all black, so maybe a little Darth Vader looking lol), but I’m comfortable in it and feel adequately protected.

From the speculation thread...

We wore our masks today from the beach to the car bc there are parts where you can’t social distance. It was “hot” today, even by the coast, and my daughter, who is in shape and active, was having a difficult time with the heat and the mask by the time we got back to the car. My youngest really has an issue with masks if she has to wear them for too long- she starts to hyperventilate. We have a trip booked 9/6 at the GCH and if we decide to go I have a feeling we’ll be at the pool for most of the trip. My kids do better with the surgical type masks with the loops tied, so we may try that tomorrow in the heat as a test. They just do not do well with the cloth masks.

It's a good idea to try different things. All cloth masks are not created equal. I have 3 that I love. They wear just like the paper masks for me. I have 3 that are ok - they fog up my glasses, but I can breathe ok in them. And then I have one that does not fog up my glasses but wow, is it ever difficult to breathe in that thing! It's a bummer too, the print is Disney Princesses, Starbucks style and so cute, but I just can't wear it for more than a couple minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter