Let’s Talk Mask Designs and Styles!

So cute, but dang, $20 for one mask seems pricey.
I guess they think if it's cute you will pay a whole lot more. I noticed while at our local dept. store yesterday that they had the 10 pack of Hanes masks for $20. Not much of a choice as far as I'm concerned.

I just received a pack of Old Navy masks with ear adjusters. So far, they are very light and comfy

I guess they think if it's cute you will pay a whole lot more...
It might be more that this is a way for GAT to try to make up for some lost profit. I'm sure they've been hit hard, like just about every other Disney related travel agency. If this side venture helps to keep the ship afloat (and maybe even keep some employees hired on), then good for them.

I just received a pack of Old Navy masks with ear adjusters. So far, they are very light and comfy
Old Navy masks are getting good reviews all around. Comfortable, affordable, easy to wash, and they hold up well. Thumbs up!

It might be more that this is a way for GAT to try to make up for some lost profit. I'm sure they've been hit hard, like just about every other Disney related travel agency. If this side venture helps to keep the ship afloat (and maybe even keep some employees hired on), then good for them.

Old Navy masks are getting good reviews all around. Comfortable, affordable, easy to wash, and they hold up well. Thumbs up!
A lot of ppl at work are liking the Old Navy masks but I don't believe they have a wire or anything for the nose, do they? I believe I will need one since I wear glasses (either sun or vision) pretty much all the time these days. It's too bad because they seem very good.

A lot of ppl at work are liking the Old Navy masks but I don't believe they have a wire or anything for the nose, do they? I believe I will need one since I wear glasses (either sun or vision) pretty much all the time these days. It's too bad because they seem very good.
No nose wire, but if DH puts his glasses over the top of the mask, that works well. No fogging. Or you could use paper/medical tape (or something similar) to affix a piece of pipe cleaner/wire/twist tie to the top of the mask.

We’re a fan of this 3D style with a nose wire - secure, doesn’t shift around, and easy to talk in because it’s structured with topstitching so it’s not on top of your mouth.

I haven’t seen this style as much as some of the others, but you can find a bunch on Etsy if you search “3D face mask.”View attachment 512553
Can you PM me the name of the seller? I am working the polls in a couple of weeks and need a mask that is easy to talk in. I'm hoping that the 3-D type won't suck up against my mouth when I speak.

I just got an email from My Pillow showing their cloth masks at 10 for $20, KN95 masks at 10 for $12.50, and disposable masks at 50 for $15. You need a promo code but they are easy to find on the net.

I have 2 cloth masks from anthropologie. They fit well on my face, and have a cute pattern. My only complaint is that while breathing or talking, the cloth sucks into my mouth. So I only use those if I am in a grocery store where there is A/C and I don't have to move quickly.

I wanted to show everyone how I adjusted the shopdisney masks so that they fit the ears better. these are a size large. I just added a pit of elastic to the ear band piece. I also added the nose bridges as I've noticed that helps the mask from moving up and covering my eyes.
I tried to put the elastic right where my the band hits the top of my ear. I did that by putting on the mask then just grabbing it right before my ear.

Are the ones you have from Old Navy with the ear adjuster or without? The ones with the ear adjuster didn't seem to get the same good reviews as the other version on their website.

I was looking to get them, but most masks are big on me, not sure if the ear adjuster would help.

Are the ones you have from Old Navy with the ear adjuster or without? The ones with the ear adjuster didn't seem to get the same good reviews as the other version on their website.

I was looking to get them, but most masks are big on me, not sure if the ear adjuster would help.
We have the ones without the adjuster. You can buy a bag of adjusters on Amazon for a pretty low price.

No need to buy adjusters. I had a couple of masks that were loose on me. I shortened the elastic by just tacking it by hand where I wanted it with a couple of stitches.
Thanks! That's easy enough to do. So far I have been using masks I made myself, but am looking to get one that is a little more breathable.

Received my replacement masks from ShopDisney today. On first glance, they look much better than the first wonky shipment. The sizing is much more consistent. The size of the ear loops looks more consistent, too. All masks are in the wash now, so we'll see how thing fit when they dry. It does look like Disney is addressing the initial issues with the first shipment of masks. Now if they would make more XLs in the new designs!
For general reference, we gave some of the new masks as gifts. The Frozen design in L fits big kids (ages 8-12) just right to a little loosely, but after a few trips through the laundry, should fit just fine with room to grow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter