Let’s Talk Mask Designs and Styles!

My son’s Disney masks finally arrived :) Everyone who warned they would be teeny are right. He’s only five years old, though he does have a big head, and the mediums *just* fit. Actually, after going through the wash, they were a little small. I stretched the ear lops with my fingers and accidentally popped a stitch on two of them. I vaguely recall that as a strategy to improve the mask fit, and they did loosen up a bit. Has anyone done it and how do the masks hold up after the stitch popping?

My son’s Disney masks finally arrived :) Everyone who warned they would be teeny are right. He’s only five years old, though he does have a big head, and the mediums *just* fit. Actually, after going through the wash, they were a little small...
If you think that the masks really are going to be too small, especially after multiple washings, call ShopDisney now to ask for a free replacement order or a credit so that you can reorder in a larger size. The L (or even an XL if you plan to use the dryer) might work much better. My replacement order finally arrived this week, and while the sizing still runs small, the quality control is much improved.

If you think that the masks really are going to be too small, especially after multiple washings, call ShopDisney now to ask for a free replacement order or a credit so that you can reorder in a larger size. The L (or even an XL if you plan to use the dryer) might work much better. My replacement order finally arrived this week, and while the sizing still runs small, the quality control is much improved.
Thanks! I might call them today. I'm really surprised that a five-year-old would need a size large, but that's where we're at. The mediums seemed like they would be okay until I washed them. Then they turned itty bitty.

Thanks for this! I called today and sized up to the larges. I think they will be perfect once washed. He has a friend who is a size smaller than him in clothing, shoes, etc., so I think I will pass along the other masks to him.

Update on the Disney masks: I checked the new Frozen mask (WOD) against my Minnie mask which came in the mail. Both are size L. The Frozen mask is about 1/4" larger after the first laundering (same settings and detergent for both). So it looks like Disney is listening to the complaints and making adjustments to the masks. Keep sending in those comments (positive and negative)!

I like cloth masks from ProperCloth.com. This company makes custom shirts so their masks are very well-sewn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter