Let me know!

llggood

Mouseketeer
Ok last trip we went in December just me hubby and autistic child. Got what was known then as a GAC. We only had to use it on two rides and were taken up the wheelchair entrance. We used it at Fantasmic and Lion King and were taken in with the wheelchairs. We are not abusers. If the line is less than 15 minutes we can keep him busy and get along. If the line is way overcrowded such as fantasmic we have to flash the card. The pass was good for him and four guests which equals five. Now we have 4 kids and us are six of us going to be able to use it. The only time we had trouble was a Carousal of Progress believe it or not. The guy was like all people go in at the same time. I had to totally argue with him I didn't CARE when we went it it was that there was alot of people waiting and my son could not wait in that crowd of strangers!

They will give a GAC for up to 5 people plus the person with a disability (total of 6), so you should not have a problem with the number. They usually won't go over 6, but in the case of a family with 4 kids, they are likely to because that's a lot different than a group of 6 adults. There may be times when they do ask you to split into 2 parties because the waiting area for people with disabilties is too small for a larger group.
For many of the shows (like Carousel of Progress), you are brought into a "holding area" and there isn't a separate place to wait. Then the whole group is "loaded" at the same time. The best you can do might be to just wait in on the "edges" of the holding area (people tend to congregate near to the place where you will eventually enter the show). Some of those shows don't fill up, so you can ask the CM when to return to avoid standing in the holding area for very long.
Carousel of Progress is pretty good as far as the waiting place (at least in our experience) because it usually is not totally full and the waiting area is larger compared to the number of people waiting to get in. Rides/attractions that are less "friendly" include the Little Mermaid at the Studio, Fantasmic at MK and Test Track, where you are sent into a small waiting area.

We had that problem when we went last year for a Magical Gathering with 15 in our party. It was pretty much impossible for us to use it so we didn't really try until the last night we were there, which was the day of the big media event at Epcot that caused it to close early. Everyone converged on MK that night because they had spectro and wishes and it was a mad house. DS was in major overload and the only thing we could do was split up into small groups. It was pretty bad and we all had a miserable time that night. We got several dirty looks from some CM's and I reallly wanted to scream. I wish they would give sensitivity training to these people. I realize that some people abuse the system, but that is not my fault and I don't appreciate being presumed guilty just because they can't "see" the disability. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter