Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

I am a little behind but finally caught up!!

ak_dinosaurride_20170820_8086852603-copy-jpg.274269

... you're welcome.

Haha love your expression and that lady in the front row is hilarious. First time rider, maybe? :rotfl:

Nav'i River was listed at 45 minutes so I settled in for the wait, noticing the queue was pretty darn cool.

That's not too bad of a wait, and the queue is very cool.

That said, it's probably a ride I only need to do every couple trips. By this time, I was both hungry and curious to check out Satu'li Canteen.

I do not need to ride this on each trip either, as long as I can get FOP FPs!!

Beautiful!

disney-august-2017-116-jpg.274279

Aren't they pretty!? The bun is pretty good but I found it to be a bit... too... bun-y? Meaning there wasn't enough filling and therefore seemed to be pretty dry to me. And the filling was just okay, nothing spectacular. However, I was one of the final guests of the evening and I wonder if it wasn't just a bit dried out by that point? The chips, however, were excellent! Anywho...

I agree, I felt the exact same way about the buns. Too...bun-y :laughing:

From there I sauntered up to the FoP FP queue and redeemed my entry for the MOST AMAZING RIDE EVER OMG, courtesy of @ChunkyMonkey! (thanks again, Su-Lynn!!!) I had to ride again. And no I didn't care one bit that the wait time was listed at 90 minutes. Heck, I would have waited far longer to ride this again. This second ride was my first in the standby queue and holy cow is the queue an attraction in and of itself.

YAY!!! You're so welcome! I knew I had to give this to someone who would really appreciate this ride (and who also didn't get FPs for it!)
95 minutes is not that bad of a wait, it certainly beats the 3 hours during the day! :eek: And the queue is so interesting it's definitely not a bad place to spend some time!

I made fast friends with two Universal CMs which made the wait time feel like nothing. When the FoP CM asks how many are in your group, one of the girls said "three" and then turned to me and said "Oh, I hope that's okay that we included you in our group?!" Of course! A benefit of going solo is that you can make friends with anyone! So my party of three had an equally fabulous ride as my solo ride a short time before. I honestly cannot say enough about this ride. And no description will begin to do it justice. It's just one of those rides you have to see to believe. I wouldn't think twice about waiting 2 hours for it if I had to.

Aww that's so nice!!

When last I left off, I was just rounding out a night exploring Pandora with my new Universal CM pals. I was in bed by 11:30 and decided rather than get up for EMH at AK after I'd been so happy with what I'd done that night, I'd "sleep in" and head back to my true love... Epcot (sorry Kylo).

Buh-bye Kylo!

Meanwhile, the CM working the AP line kept asking all the other people in line if they were AP holders BUT didn't ask me. I must look the part ;)

Duh, yes of course. :cool1: <--Disboard AP holder

disney-august-2017-127-jpg.275786

Notice the lady at the front of my boat, on the right with the light blue t-shirt? Yeah, she used to work for my dad and is now a doctor in my town! I was able to get her attention when we got off the boat. It really is a small world after all.

That is awesome! You seem to have a knack for spotting people from behind! :thumbsup2

And then onward to World Showcase! Ugh, seeing all the F&W booths setting up was such a tease!

Haha the best remedy for this is to book another trip right after. :laughing:

I decided to go left and head for Norway, jumping in line for FEA which had a posted wait time of 35 minutes.

That's awesome!! What a great morning at Epcot! I love Epcot mornings and nights. Well, I just love Epcot all the time!! :love:

I'm loving your trip report so far, just got caught all the way up. I'll have to agree that Kylo may not be the one for you. . .

Your AK night did sound really awesome. I really think a solo trip sounds fun, but I know in my heart I would have to take someone with me who is willing to share food because I want to try everything. For example, your cheeseburger pods reaaalllly intrigue me, but I would also want to try a bowl. Would definitely want a friend to share with.

Can't wait to read more of your report!

and head back to my true love... Epcot (sorry Kylo).

Have you watched the trailer for The Last Jedi?? I'm wondering if he's going to redeem himself and denounce his evil ways??? Or just become even more evil?? Either way, Epcot is always going to be the better choice :rotfl2:

I was pretty excited to use the AP line for the first time - up until then, lines were shorter in non-AP holders lines and as much as I love being an AP holder, I'm not here to prove anything just to use that line when a perfectly good line awaits elsewhere :laughing:

Same! I think I only got to ever use the AP line once if at all. They were always longer. Hmm...and now I am wondering if I'll be able to use it with my mom in tow, since she'll just have the 7 day hopper? And then in December DH will only have a regular hopper ticket? Am I doomed to never enter the AP line??

Notice the lady at the front of my boat, on the right with the light blue t-shirt? Yeah, she used to work for my dad and is now a doctor in my town! I was able to get her attention when we got off the boat. It really is a small world after all.

That's crazy!! The principal of my boys' old elementary school is going to be there next week when I am, and we plan to meet up...but seeing someone randomly like that is funny!

Instead, I decided for a quick refresher at Club Cool.

I've decided that if my mom is annoying me, I'll just make her drink some Beverly!

disney-august-2017-139-jpg.275797

I LOVE this photo! :cloud9:

This is GORGEOUS!!

I love that you had short waits and found FEA with only a 35 min line!
I'm trying to avoid thinking about how busy the next three days are going to be. I cannot believe I will be at WDW in four days...your pictures are getting me in the Disney spirit!! I've been in the "freak out b/c of all my responsibilities" spirit lately instead, which is just not as fun!

What a fun Epcot morning, you hit all my favorite places! I agree on the jerkiness of FEA!
I need to try Sunshine Seasons one of my trips, can you believe I have never eaten there!
Excited to see how your Eclipse experience was, I was working and driving around town and I never saw anything lol!

Love your Epcot pics...talk about blue sky! (at least pre-eclipse)
Wasn't it gorgeous!?

Did you get a chance to go to the Pixar short film festival? To me, that's one of the Epcot hidden gems...and for those that have gone, they've recently replaced two of the films.
No! Dang it. I really meant to, too. :sad2: I honestly don't know where this trip went, looking back, I missed out on doing so many of the things I easily got in on previous trips.

35 minute posted wait at Frozen Ever After? Wow. I'd look at that and think the leading '1' digit was burned out... Have only been on it once with a FP to check it out.
Right?! I thought it was a mistake, too! And I actually think I was on the ride in even less time!

Looks like a nice Epcot day...
It really was :cloud9:

Totally. I was thinking the same thing when we were there and wishing we could stay another few days to enjoy it.
I know! Too bad we didn't get any of the "soft openings" I've heard occasionally happen :sad2:

I was thinking the same thing - that's really short for SB on FEA...nice going!
I was shocked!

What a great morning at Epcot! 3 attractions with no wait, plus FEA with such a short wait!
It really was! :goodvibes

And how funny to run into someone you knew!
I know! And it's not the first time I have at Disney either. Crazy!

Love quiet mornings at Epcot!
Same! :cloud9:

Was there last summer and tried to ride FEA three times and each time, it broke down. Urggh, never have rode it yet. :rotfl2:
Oh, no! :scared1:

Love your trip report so far!
Thank you so much!!! :hug:

Love our family trips, but I secretly dream of a solo-trip someday :)
I hear that! Someday you'll have to ;)

Busy... but satisfying. Worked quite a bit and when I wasn't doing that, I was prepping for Thanksgiving.

I'm still full.
Ahh, that's right! We Americans are a bit tardy to the Thanksgiving party, what with waiting until November and all... :rolleyes1

Ooooh... look at you, all fancy with your AP and all.
I know, I really am so fancy. :cool2:

Yeah, I don't get that. Why get in a longer line, just to show that you have an AP? Who cares?
Unless people are just too much like sheep to be able to not move to a shorter line.
Right?! I remember Su-Lynn mentioning this in a previous TR and I'm like "what?! why?!" But people absolutely do :sad2:

::yes:: Disney veteran.
Yep, that's me. No big deal. :snooty:

Yes you are!
Oh, you mean SE. That too.
Awww, shucks :hug:

You could do worse.
And I have.

Huh! What are the odds of that??
I know, right?! And right there in front of me! I actually spotted her at rope drop, but what with the sea of humanity in between us and all, it was hard to get her attention. So fancy that, seeing her TWICE!?

Thanks.
Now I've got that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day....
You're welcome!

Nope. Because I've only been on it once.
What?! Oh, dear. Should we ever be at Disney together (and mark my words, it WILL happen), you owe me a ride on LWTL!

Didn't your momma ever tell you, you shouldn't mess around?
Yeah... but I'd be a lot farther ahead in general if I'd learn to listen more.

No! I'm shocked! Shocked! No 200 minute standby queue???
Right?! Shocking, indeed.

That ride...

They should advertise the occasional times when it's actually working.
That would be far more helpful.

Gorgeous shot!
Thanks! :goodvibes

Stop that or you'll go blind!
Dang it! In reality though, I was being a bit neurotic about not looking up that day :laughing:

Fun with jerks. Got it.
That's it!

Ooooh, I'm interested to see how the Eclipse day turned out in Florida! It was our second week of school, and my Kindergartners were VERY hyped up about it :)
Oh I bet they were! :thumbsup2 Most everyone at Disney was too :laughing:

Haha love your expression and that lady in the front row is hilarious. First time rider, maybe? :rotfl:
Right?! She was great. I always enjoy seeing the crazy expressions I do, but I actually love the other people's expressions even more :rotfl:

That's not too bad of a wait, and the queue is very cool.
Exactly! :thumbsup2

I do not need to ride this on each trip either, as long as I can get FOP FPs!!
You got it! ::yes::

Too...bun-y :laughing:
HAHAHA! Yes!

YAY!!! You're so welcome! I knew I had to give this to someone who would really appreciate this ride (and who also didn't get FPs for it!)
95 minutes is not that bad of a wait, it certainly beats the 3 hours during the day! :eek: And the queue is so interesting it's definitely not a bad place to spend some time!
I sooooo appreciated this ride. Even today, over a month from having last experienced it, I just can't find words still. :goodvibes

Buh-bye Kylo!
Byeeeeeeee!

Duh, yes of course. :cool1: <--Disboard AP holder
:cool2:

That is awesome! You seem to have a knack for spotting people from behind! :thumbsup2
I really do! :rotfl:

Haha the best remedy for this is to book another trip right after. :laughing:
You got that right... ;) I'm trying to nail down pre-Christmas or post-Christmas with my sisters. I hope to have an update in the coming weeks! ::yes::

I love Epcot mornings and nights. Well, I just love Epcot all the time!! :love:
Yes, and yes!!! :thumbsup2

I'm loving your trip report so far, just got caught all the way up.
Awww, thank you so much, Elizabeth! :goodvibes

I'll have to agree that Kylo may not be the one for you. . .
:rotfl2: Yeah... I think you're right... :laughing:

Your AK night did sound really awesome. I really think a solo trip sounds fun, but I know in my heart I would have to take someone with me who is willing to share food because I want to try everything. For example, your cheeseburger pods reaaalllly intrigue me, but I would also want to try a bowl. Would definitely want a friend to share with.
I have the same problem! I have to be very strategic in my food options... and I always come with an appetite, which isn't hard for me anyway :laughing:

Can't wait to read more of your report!
Thank you! :goodvibes

Ha! That lady did NOT look happy!
She really didn't :scared1:

Oh, I forgot all about the Eclipse.... Everyone was so worried about it....
I honestly wouldn't have noticed much if I didn't know it was going to happen. A little lackluster, to be honest!

Have you watched the trailer for The Last Jedi?? I'm wondering if he's going to redeem himself and denounce his evil ways??? Or just become even more evil?? Either way, Epcot is always going to be the better choice :rotfl2:
No I haven't yet but am planning on it! I'm so anxious about it that ironically I've been delaying watching :laughing:

Same! I think I only got to ever use the AP line once if at all. They were always longer. Hmm...and now I am wondering if I'll be able to use it with my mom in tow, since she'll just have the 7 day hopper? And then in December DH will only have a regular hopper ticket? Am I doomed to never enter the AP line??
Oh, no! Maybe they'll be an empty "regular" line right next to the AP line during one of these trips so you can get all your AP fanciness in even with your AP-less companions :laughing:

That's crazy!! The principal of my boys' old elementary school is going to be there next week when I am, and we plan to meet up...but seeing someone randomly like that is funny!
Right?! I just couldn't believe it.

I've decided that if my mom is annoying me, I'll just make her drink some Beverly!
Good back-up plan! :laughing:

This is GORGEOUS!!
I really love this photo, too :goodvibes

I love that you had short waits and found FEA with only a 35 min line!
It was a fabulous, quiet Epcot morning :thumbsup2

I'm trying to avoid thinking about how busy the next three days are going to be. I cannot believe I will be at WDW in four days...your pictures are getting me in the Disney spirit!! I've been in the "freak out b/c of all my responsibilities" spirit lately instead, which is just not as fun!
I cannot believe your trip is so close! I'm so excited for you! And happy to help get you into your Disney spirit :thumbsup2

What a fun Epcot morning, you hit all my favorite places! I agree on the jerkiness of FEA!
It really was such a fun morning!

I need to try Sunshine Seasons one of my trips, can you believe I have never eaten there!
You really must! I only hit up Sunshine Seasons for breakfast, because I prefer to eat around the World during lunch/dinner/snacks/drinks :laughing:

Excited to see how your Eclipse experience was, I was working and driving around town and I never saw anything lol!
Yeah... my experience with the eclipse wasn't overly exciting either. A lot of people looking up with their cell phones, but mostly it was a bit... underwhelming!

Ahh, that's right! We Americans are a bit tardy to the Thanksgiving party, what with waiting until November and all... :rolleyes1

Silly. Everyone knows the proper month is October.

know, I really am so fancy. :cool2:

::yes::

Right?! I remember Su-Lynn mentioning this in a previous TR and I'm like "what?! why?!" But people absolutely do :sad2:

Yes, I remember that too.

I know, right?! And right there in front of me! I actually spotted her at rope drop, but what with the sea of humanity in between us and all, it was hard to get her attention. So fancy that, seeing her TWICE!?

Well, the odds do go up when you're in the same park.

What?! Oh, dear. Should we ever be at Disney together (and mark my words, it WILL happen), you owe me a ride on LWTL!

Okay!
You know what's better than going on a ride... any ride?
Doing so with a friend who really enjoys it. :goodvibes

Yeah... but I'd be a lot farther ahead in general if I'd learn to listen more.

:rolleyes1

Dang it! In reality though, I was being a bit neurotic about not looking up that day :laughing:

Avert thine eyes!

Silly. Everyone knows the proper month is October.
I suppose we're too busy celebrating Columbus Day... :sad2:

Okay!
You know what's better than going on a ride... any ride?
Doing so with a friend who really enjoys it. :goodvibes
Yay!!! I wholeheartedly agree :hug: And then I promise we'll hit up one of your faves... it's a small world, right? :rotfl2:

BTW we will be there Dec 14-19. :littleangel:
Oooooh... well that's a PRO for pre-Christmas! :thumbsup2

Great start to your day at Epcot!

I forgot you were there during the eclipse.

OMG having the F&W stuff up, but not open is so hard! When I go in a month I'll have some treats for you!

I was pretty excited to use the AP line for the first time - up until then, lines were shorter in non-AP holders lines and as much as I love being an AP holder, I'm not here to prove anything just to use that line when a perfectly good line awaits elsewhere :laughing: Meanwhile, the CM working the AP line kept asking all the other people in line if they were AP holders BUT didn't ask me. I must look the part ;)
I'm totally with you. We loved being able to use the AP lines on our last trip (sad we won't be one this next trip), but sometimes the line was longer. I couldn't understand the people that still got in the line though. Weird.

disney-august-2017-127-jpg.275786

Awesome!!! It really is a small world. We ran into a kid from Casey's kindergarten class last year and it was very surreal.

disney-august-2017-140-jpg.275798

I was gearing up for a bit of a dark afternoon... you'll have to stay tuned to see if that happened or not...
Can't wait to see what happened down there. Up here in DC we were very excited for it but to say it was disappointing is an understatement. Casey couldn't figure out what we kept making a big deal about. I just drank away my eclipse sorrows

I decided to go left and head for Norway, jumping in line for FEA which had a posted wait time of 35 minutes. I took this opportunity to capture some queue photos, so indulge me...

disney-august-2017-141-jpg.275799
I'd heard lines had gone down over time. 35 minutes is awesome! Hope we find the same. Casey would love to ride it, but I'm not wasting a tier 1 FP on it

Great start to your day at Epcot!
It really was, I was able to accomplish so much in such little time! :thumbsup2

I forgot you were there during the eclipse.
I nearly did, too :rolleyes1 :laughing:

OMG having the F&W stuff up, but not open is so hard! When I go in a month I'll have some treats for you!
Yes, please do have lots of treats for me! ::yes::

I'm totally with you. We loved being able to use the AP lines on our last trip (sad we won't be one this next trip), but sometimes the line was longer. I couldn't understand the people that still got in the line though. Weird.
I know!? I get being excited about using the "special" line, but it's not so special when it's longer! :confused3 :laughing:

Awesome!!! It really is a small world. We ran into a kid from Casey's kindergarten class last year and it was very surreal.
Oh, that's right! I remember reading about that. Crazy, right?!

Can't wait to see what happened down there. Up here in DC we were very excited for it but to say it was disappointing is an understatement. Casey couldn't figure out what we kept making a big deal about. I just drank away my eclipse sorrows
Drinking away sorrows is the preferred plan for a disappointing eclipse. Spoiler alert: it was pretty darn disappointing in Florida, too :sad2:

I'd heard lines had gone down over time. 35 minutes is awesome! Hope we find the same. Casey would love to ride it, but I'm not wasting a tier 1 FP on it
I agree! I like the ride just fine, but not wasting a Tier 1 FP on it for sure!

So, confession, I have never rode Soarn'...January may be my first time. I have also not yet rode FEA (but that's 'cause its new).

Day 3, Part 2: The Eating Continues

Hello, friends! It's been a while since I've last updated, but... school. So, without further delay, I bring to you Day 3, Part 2, where lots of eating continues. When last we left off, I had just disembarked from my Frozen voyage after a mere 35 minute wait. I forgot about my PP photo from that ride, so here's proof I was pretty serious about letting it go. Also, it appears that I was pretty serious about not letting my bag get wet either. :rolleyes:

_Frozen.jpg
I'm tellin ya, these solo PP photos are an endless source of entertainment for me. Not only do I enjoy my very uncharacteristically "chill" shots, but I enjoy everyone else on the ride even more! See the solo rider behind me? I kept trying to engage him in conversation throughout the queue but also... eventually just let it go, as he wasn't feeling my friendliness. :confused3 He does look like he was enjoying himself on the ride at least, bless him.

From there, I doubled back to Mexico and, of course, hit up the boat ride which I actually started writing out as El Rio del Tiempo. :rolleyes1 Old habits...

Disney August 2017 147.JPG

Disney August 2017 149.JPG

Disney August 2017 150.JPG
I have yet to dine here but it's high on my list! Anyone else have opinions about San Angel?

Disney August 2017 151.JPG
Disney August 2017 153.JPG
I always enjoy this ride, there's hardly ever a wait and I'm usually up for just getting off my feet and relaxing a bit. It does the same thing for me as Figment.

On my way back over to Norway, I saw this little creature.

Disney August 2017 154.JPG

Disney August 2017 156.JPG

Disney August 2017 158.JPG
While in Norway, I decided I needed a little snack to hold me over until my ADR over at DHS a little later. Guess what I settled on?

Disney August 2017 159.JPG
Yup... school bread. I've always loved this but I think I'll try something else next time, this wasn't quite as good as I remember but maybe I just had an off day as it was super dry.

*Continued in Next Post*

*Continued from Previous Post*

After my snack, I headed for China and decided to see the movie, which was due to start in less than ten minutes. But first, a few photos.

Disney August 2017 160.JPG
See, @Raeven, not only am I no match for your superior selfies, I can't even manage to keep my finger out of this shot, and it wasn't even a selfie! :laughing:

Disney August 2017 161.JPG

Disney August 2017 162.JPG
I saw a PP photographer just standing randomly near the benches inside and I said hello and asked him how he was doing and he kinda snapped back "what can I help you with?". I guess not a photo, sheesh! Anyway, I enjoyed the movie and headed back outside to grab a peach bubble tea from Joy of Tea. I had this at the Flower and Garden festival a couple years ago and remembered really liking it. This did not disappoint!

Disney August 2017 165.JPG
Not a bad view, is it? :cloud9:

With bubble tea in hand, I did some of what I love best in this world: wander aimlessly through World Showcase :goodvibes

Disney August 2017 164.JPG

Disney August 2017 174.JPG

Disney August 2017 175.JPG

To wrap this update, here's a magic shot I kinda love! I do love me some Tink!

_Epcot.jpg

Up Next: I head to DHS for an ADR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!