Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

Love the new update, your evening in AK looked like a great way to end the day!

I agree FoP is so awesome! It is one ride I would wait a good length of time for as well.

We had the cheeseburger pods also and I agree about the to much bun, our meat inside was moist but not much, the chips were delicious.

Thank you. That picture is great :laughing:
:rotfl2:

Ooo so pretty, I love how the mountains look with the sunset.
I know! It's just magical :wizard:

Seen you around the boards and have found your TR.
Yay! Hi, Thumper! I've seen you around too and so happy you hopped over here! ::yes::

Great smile and cute top.
Awww, thanks!

I know! I was so lucky I got to see them on two occasions this trip!

Good thing you passed on love interest #1. I'm not sure he'd be into the whole matching shirts thing:-)
Wasn't that hysterical!? :rotfl2:

Love when that happens!
Me, too!!! :thumbsup2

That's the only downside to a FP, you miss the immersive level of detail Disney puts into the queues.
It's so true. I haven't see the SB queue for Peter Pan in YEARS! And it's so much fun!

I loved the concept of the pods too, but like you, found the execution lacking.
Right?!

I ate there right at 12:00 and there was just too much bun for the amount of filling.
Uh oh... guess my theory was wrong. :laughing:

Absolutely!!!!!! As I had mentioned to you when we talked about FoP, I was so overcome, I actually cried! On a ride! It was that good.
Yes! I remember! It's just that good though. ::yes::

You are a pretty easy person to make friends with! :)
Awww, shucks :goodvibes :hug:

So true!! I love that you met Universal CM's lol. What were they doing visiting the competition lol? I'm sure there were some interesting conversations while you waited!
Right?! :laughing: Yes, indeed some interesting convos ;)

Looks like you had a great evening despite the rain.
It was! :thumbsup2

I would have loved to try some of the food there but my DD wanted something more mainstream when we were there.
Like... chicken nuggets? ;)

Love the new update, your evening in AK looked like a great way to end the day!
Thank you! It was a fabulous finish for sure :thumbsup2

I agree FoP is so awesome! It is one ride I would wait a good length of time for as well.
::yes::

We had the cheeseburger pods also and I agree about the to much bun, our meat inside was moist but not much, the chips were delicious.
The chips are incredible, indeed! Made up for the rest a little ;)

ak_dinosaurride_20170820_8086852603-copy-jpg.274269

... you're welcome.
Love your expression here ^ but what is up with that poor lady in the front. I'd like to think she was hamming it up, but I'm not so sure. Speaking of ham, I spy a solo guy right in the front row for ya :-)

By the time I exited the ride, the rain had picked up so I ducked under the Dino in Dinoland and pondered my plan. I ultimately decided to cancel my RoL FP and instead head for ITTBAB
Ok, you're gonna have to school me here. That is just way to many letter in an acronym for me to handle.

disney-august-2017-116-jpg.274279

Aren't they pretty!? The bun is pretty good but I found it to be a bit... too... bun-y? Meaning there wasn't enough filling and therefore seemed to be pretty dry to me. And the filling was just okay, nothing spectacular. However, I was one of the final guests of the evening and I wonder if it wasn't just a bit dried out by that point? The chips, however, were excellent! Anywho...
This seems to be consistent with what pretty much review I've read. Which largely makes me think I'd love them as a I'm a sucker for a good steam bun and could lose the filling :-)

And no I didn't care one bit that the wait time was listed at 90 minutes. Heck, I would have waited far longer to ride this again. This second ride was my first in the standby queue and holy cow is the queue an attraction in and of itself.
Wow! You make this sound so awesome. We were able to snag 2 FP's for our trip so I'm really looking forward to it!

Love your expression here ^ but what is up with that poor lady in the front. I'd like to think she was hamming it up, but I'm not so sure.
:laughing: Right?! She does look pretty genuine.

Speaking of ham, I spy a solo guy right in the front row for ya :-)
And why couldn't they have put us together?! Oh yeah... I must have still been in my "Kylo Ren phase" :rotfl2:

That is just way to many letter in an acronym for me to handle.
The acronyms do get a bit much sometimes! It's Tough to be a Bug!

This seems to be consistent with what pretty much review I've read. Which largely makes me think I'd love them as a I'm a sucker for a good steam bun and could lose the filling :-)
Give 'em a whirl! :thumbsup2

Wow! You make this sound so awesome. We were able to snag 2 FP's for our trip so I'm really looking forward to it!
It is PHENOMENAL!!! I promise ::yes:: And YAY for the double FP snagging :thumbsup2

Only 5 more classes after this semester though!
:cheer2:

... you're welcome.
:rotfl:

That said, it's probably a ride I only need to do every couple trips.
Yup, that's how we feel. Beautiful, but not exciting.

Aren't they pretty!? The bun is pretty good but I found it to be a bit... too... bun-y? Meaning there wasn't enough filling and therefore seemed to be pretty dry to me. And the filling was just okay, nothing spectacular. However, I was one of the final guests of the evening and I wonder if it wasn't just a bit dried out by that point?
Yes! Way too much bun. The filling was just "eh" for me too but they sounded so good I HAD to try them.

This second ride was my first in the standby queue and holy cow is the queue an attraction in and of itself.
Other than not wanting to spend hours in any line, it's definitely one I wouldn't mind being in. We got to walk through during the Pandora AP preview back in May and couldn't believe how awesome it is :goodvibes

off to the Movies I went (the resort... not GMR :(). Looking at you @ariane37 (I know you feel my pain).
:( Oh, how I feel your pain :sad1:

Yes! Way too much bun. The filling was just "eh" for me too but they sounded so good I HAD to try them.
Exactly!

Other than not wanting to spend hours in any line, it's definitely one I wouldn't mind being in. We got to walk through during the Pandora AP preview back in May and couldn't believe how awesome it is :goodvibes
Yeah, I will always pick "no line" to a wait, but if I had to... not a bad one to wait on!

:( Oh, how I feel your pain :sad1:
I knew you would :sad1:

AHHH!!!!Isn't FoP AMAZING???!!!!
WE LOVE IT!

Na'vi is good too, but like you said, not something that needs done multiple time or even every trip.

We had the bowls at the Pandora QS and it was SO GOOD! I feel bad your burger pods weren't amazing :( BUT never know until you try.

Great to make friends in lines. I usually do, too.

AHHH!!!!Isn't FoP AMAZING???!!!!
WE LOVE IT!
YES!!!!!! I just can't say enough about it :cloud9:

We had the bowls at the Pandora QS and it was SO GOOD!
These are on my list for next time. They look amazing!

I feel bad your burger pods weren't amazing :( BUT never know until you try.
Exactly, and now I'll know :thumbsup2

Great to make friends in lines. I usually do, too.
It really is :goodvibes

Day 3, Part 1 or, A Total Eclipse of the Heart
Hello, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend, I don't know where mine went, but at the same time I don't know how it's only Monday night :laughing:

When last I left off, I was just rounding out a night exploring Pandora with my new Universal CM pals. I was in bed by 11:30 and decided rather than get up for EMH at AK after I'd been so happy with what I'd done that night, I'd "sleep in" and head back to my true love... Epcot (sorry Kylo). I walked onto a waiting Epcot bus just after 8am with plenty of seating, and I was hoping this might be a good sign for crowds today. First we had to make two stops: All-Star Music and All-Star Sports. But... no one was waiting at Music and at Sports there was already a bus there, so on we went, arriving at Epcot at 8:30. I was pretty excited to use the AP line for the first time - up until then, lines were shorter in non-AP holders lines and as much as I love being an AP holder, I'm not here to prove anything just to use that line when a perfectly good line awaits elsewhere :laughing: Meanwhile, the CM working the AP line kept asking all the other people in line if they were AP holders BUT didn't ask me. I must look the part ;)

Disney August 2017 125.JPG
So pretty :lovestruc

First, I headed straight for what I always head for first thing on an Epcot morning: Soarin'. The line was listed at 10 minutes and I must have been cookin' as I don't have a single picture. After I soared over the world, I headed straight for LWTL and have the pictures to prove it (unlike the other morning where my notes claimed I went on LWTL but the pictures said otherwise...)

Disney August 2017 127.JPG

Notice the lady at the front of my boat, on the right with the light blue t-shirt? Yeah, she used to work for my dad and is now a doctor in my town! I was able to get her attention when we got off the boat. It really is a small world after all.

Disney August 2017 128.JPG

Disney August 2017 129.JPG

Disney August 2017 130.JPG
Disney August 2017 131.JPG
Meanwhile, has anyone else noticed they removed the water spout thingy from this area? Or at least it was gone when I was there...

After my Land adventures, I decided it was time for a little breakfast. Off to Sunshine Seasons I went for another round of overnight oats.

Disney August 2017 133.JPG
These really are good, but not as good as the muesli was that I continue to miss. While eating, I tried to mess around with my FPs a bit. After that, I headed for Figment which was a walk on.

Disney August 2017 135.JPG

Disney August 2017 137.JPG
This may not be the most exciting ride in the world, but I always enjoy it. It's cute, the wait is almost always minimal, and you can get a guaranteed break from the heat! From there, I tried to do TT but it was down at the moment, and then I tried to do Mission Space (green!) but no one knew where the line was for the orange and green and it was just a generally chaotic mass of people, so I just got out of there. Instead, I decided for a quick refresher at Club Cool.

Disney August 2017 138.JPG

And then onward to
World Showcase! Ugh, seeing all the F&W booths setting up was such a tease!

*Continued in next post*

Last edited:
*Continued from previous post*

Disney August 2017 139.JPG
I LOVE this photo! :cloud9:

I also started seeing these signs in random locations throughout the parks today:

Disney August 2017 140.JPG
I was gearing up for a bit of a dark afternoon... you'll have to stay tuned to see if that happened or not... :rolleyes1 Meanwhile, the poor lady behind the sign looked like she could use a break. :rolleyes: She probably also wasn't thrilled she was in my picture.

I decided to go left and head for Norway, jumping in line for FEA which had a posted wait time of 35 minutes. I took this opportunity to capture some queue photos, so indulge me...

Disney August 2017 141.JPG

Disney August 2017 142.JPG
Disney August 2017 143.JPG
Disney August 2017 144.JPG
Disney August 2017 145.JPG
Disney August 2017 146.JPG
Yikes, this ride is so jerky! But it is fun :thumbsup2

Up Next: some exploring and some eating in World Showcase!

Love your Epcot pics...talk about blue sky! (at least pre-eclipse)

Did you get a chance to go to the Pixar short film festival? To me, that's one of the Epcot hidden gems...and for those that have gone, they've recently replaced two of the films.

35 minute posted wait at Frozen Ever After? Wow. I'd look at that and think the leading '1' digit was burned out... Have only been on it once with a FP to check it out.

Looks like a nice Epcot day...

What a great morning at Epcot! 3 attractions with no wait, plus FEA with such a short wait! And how funny to run into someone you knew!

Love quiet mornings at Epcot! Was there last summer and tried to ride FEA three times and each time, it broke down. Urggh, never have rode it yet. :rotfl2:

Hello, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend

Busy... but satisfying. Worked quite a bit and when I wasn't doing that, I was prepping for Thanksgiving.

I'm still full.

after I'd been so happy with what I'd done that night, I'd "sleep in" and head back to my true love... Epcot (sorry Kylo).

:laughing:

I walked onto a waiting Epcot bus just after 8am with plenty of seating, and I was hoping this might be a good sign for crowds today.

And was it?

I was pretty excited to use the AP line for the first time

Ooooh... look at you, all fancy with your AP and all.

up until then, lines were shorter in non-AP holders lines and as much as I love being an AP holder, I'm not here to prove anything just to use that line when a perfectly good line awaits elsewhere :laughing:

Yeah, I don't get that. Why get in a longer line, just to show that you have an AP? Who cares?
Unless people are just too much like sheep to be able to not move to a shorter line.

Meanwhile, the CM working the AP line kept asking all the other people in line if they were AP holders BUT didn't ask me. I must look the part ;)

::yes:: Disney veteran.

So pretty :lovestruc

Yes you are!
Oh, you mean SE. That too.

First, I headed straight for what I always head for first thing on an Epcot morning: Soarin'.

You could do worse.

Notice the lady at the front of my boat, on the right with the light blue t-shirt? Yeah, she used to work for my dad and is now a doctor in my town! I was able to get her attention when we got off the boat.

Huh! What are the odds of that??

It really is a small world after all.

:sad2:

Thanks.
Now I've got that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day....

Meanwhile, has anyone else noticed they removed the water spout thingy from this area? Or at least it was gone when I was there...

Nope. Because I've only been on it once.

Looks yummy!

While eating, I tried to mess around with my FPs a bit.

Didn't your momma ever tell you, you shouldn't mess around?

After that, I headed for Figment which was a walk on.

No! I'm shocked! Shocked! No 200 minute standby queue???

:rolleyes1

This may not be the most exciting ride in the world, but I always enjoy it. It's cute, the wait is almost always minimal, and you can get a guaranteed break from the heat!

Well.... okay, I'll give you that one.

I tried to do TT but it was down at the moment

That ride...

They should advertise the occasional times when it's actually working.

And then onward to World Showcase! Ugh, seeing all the F&W booths setting up was such a tease!

Sorry!
I'm missing it too.

Gorgeous shot!

I LOVE this photo! :cloud9:

Me too!

I also started seeing these signs in random locations throughout the parks today:

disney-august-2017-140-jpg.275798

Stop that or you'll go blind!

Meanwhile, the poor lady behind the sign looked like she could use a break. :rolleyes:

:laughing:

I decided to go left and head for Norway, jumping in line for FEA which had a posted wait time of 35 minutes.

35 minutes???? What happened to two plus hours?

I took this opportunity to capture some queue photos, so indulge me...

Thanks for those! :)

Yikes, this ride is so jerky! But it is fun :thumbsup2

Fun with jerks. Got it.

Ooooh, I'm interested to see how the Eclipse day turned out in Florida! It was our second week of school, and my Kindergartners were VERY hyped up about it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter