Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

It took me a while, but I'm finally here! I'm loving your TR so far. I'm sorry I missed you while I was there at the same time! And it's really neat for me to see how you were able to jump around so easily and be so flexible when travelling solo! That's awesome!

met a few love interests (and only one of whom is a droid…)

:rotfl:

Belle (because… ya know, the whole library/book thing)

Naturally. :lovestruc

I figured the later I went in August, the better crowd-wise.

We kind of had this thought, too, when we were picking dates. It did seem to make a bit of a difference when the Florida kids were back in school. :)

I'm posting my PP pictures because honestly I cannot stop laughing.

space_day-1_re-jpg.266010

Oh my gosh, best ride photo!

We asked a CM to get a few photos of us after our meal.

ltt5_day-1_re-jpg.266017

What a nice photo! How lucky to spend a meal with the fabulous Su-Lynn and Steve!

pm2_day-1_re-jpg.266024

I can't even communicate how much I love this ride. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE it at night! :cloud9:

People mover at night is the epitome of Tomorrowland love!! And this foot photo always needs to be taken or it doesn't count.

I did the single rider line and guess what?! Very minimal motion sickness! :thumbsup2

Yay!! Success!! :thumbsup2

_dhs_2_1x-jpg.268344

Guess what?! I survived and loved it!

Wow! Yay! Someday I'll attempt this...

_dhs_2_1-jpg.268343

He charmed the smile right off my face... :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

PROS: awesome parents!

CONS: relationship with father ended pretty badly
*; also, see profession*

Oh my gosh bahaha :rotfl2:

Yeah, maybe keep fishing...

Once we departed company, I did something most sane people wouldn’t (but keep in mind I tolerate the heat much better than almost anyone else I know)… I walked to Epcot! :rotfl:

Woah! You're amazing! I would be up for making this walk in the winter, but I'd be melting in the summer.

_minnie-jpg.270007

And Minnie told me to just follow my heart. I think she was just swoonin' over seeing her boy on my shirt. You know how she is. :cutie:

Two lovely ladies! Minnie is so Mickey-obsessed. Love it!

They had a holdover from their rider swap from their family trip so I was able to make some use of that! Thanks, Su-Lynn! :hug:

Wow! Su-Lynn saves the day! That's super :thumbsup2

Though my server was very nice, he was a bit too efficient and I felt a tad rushed, which a solo diner can already feel a bit sensitive about anyway. Despite the mediocre lobster mac and a somewhat rushed meal, I still enjoyed my time here and am glad I went.

That's too bad. :( But good that you still had a mostly positive experience.

At this point, I'm kinda wishing school was over! :laughing:

Oh, I SO feel this. Just got through midterms and am ready for the world's longest nap.

ak_dinosaurride_20170820_8086852603-copy-jpg.274269

... you're welcome.

Thank you so much for giving us this gift! :rotfl2:

I made fast friends with two Universal CMs which made the wait time feel like nothing. When the FoP CM asks how many are in your group, one of the girls said "three" and then turned to me and said "Oh, I hope that's okay that we included you in our group?!" Of course! A benefit of going solo is that you can make friends with anyone!

How awesome! One of the benefits of a solo trip. And how awesome of them for including you in their evening!

At this point I contemplated my plan for the next day. Previously, I'd planned to hit up AK first thing in the morning. But... I was so happy with how my night went, I wasn't sure at this point it made sense to head back for EMH the very next morning. Instead, I decided I'd "sleep in" and head for park opening at Epcot. :thumbsup2

The flexibility you had is great! Sleeping in means more energy to do more park things later!

Notice the lady at the front of my boat, on the right with the light blue t-shirt? Yeah, she used to work for my dad and is now a doctor in my town! I was able to get her attention when we got off the boat. It really is a small world after all.

How cool! We always say that it's a shock if we get through an entire WDW trip without unexpectedly bumping into someone from home. It's absolutely a small world!

disney-august-2017-139-jpg.275797

I LOVE this photo! :cloud9:

SO beautiful! Epcot love is strong :lovestruc

_frozen-jpg.278497

I'm tellin ya, these solo PP photos are an endless source of entertainment for me. Not only do I enjoy my very uncharacteristically "chill" shots, but I enjoy everyone else on the ride even more! See the solo rider behind me? I kept trying to engage him in conversation throughout the queue but also... eventually just let it go, as he wasn't feeling my friendliness. :confused3 He does look like he was enjoying himself on the ride at least, bless him.

The man behind you cracks me up!! I'm loving your solo ride photos!

To wrap this update, here's a magic shot I kinda love! I do love me some Tink!

_epcot-jpg.278502

Fabulous! Your magic band matches her dress! :thumbsup2

Hello, friends! It's been a while since I've last updated, but... school.
Hope the semester is treating you well. Balancing work and school is never easy.

Not only do I enjoy my very uncharacteristically "chill" shots, but I enjoy everyone else on the ride even more! See the solo rider behind me? I kept trying to engage him in conversation throughout the queue but also... eventually just let it go, as he wasn't feeling my friendliness. :confused3 He does look like he was enjoying himself on the ride at least, bless him.
This is an awesome photo. When we rode FEA, I don't think I ever stopped talking........

I always enjoy this ride, there's hardly ever a wait and I'm usually up for just getting off my feet and relaxing a bit. It does the same thing for me as Figment.
Love the Three Caballeros; such great Hidden Mickey hunting in that ride.

maybe I just had an off day as it was super dry.
I had the same experience when I tried the school bread back in 2016. I like the concept but it didn't live up to the hype.

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie and headed back outside to grab a peach bubble tea from Joy of Tea. I had this at the Flower and Garden festival a couple years ago and remembered really liking it. This did not disappoint!
That looks good! Are the bubbles tapioca?

To wrap this update, here's a magic shot I kinda love! I do love me some Tink!
I love Tink too. She is a smart and sassy bad***. My kind of girl!

Are you on trimesters or something? Most schools are in or just coming out of spring break that week. I think my kids have their break the first week in March and finish the first week in May.
Kent State's online program is very strange - though I love it! My spring semesters are typically just 10 weeks and my summer semester is 7 or 8. This fall semester is the first "normal" semester I've had (15 weeks) since beginning the program about 2 years ago. I'm counting down until school is over for good and I can make travel plans whenever I want! ::yes:: :thumbsup2

It took me a while, but I'm finally here! I'm loving your TR so far. I'm sorry I missed you while I was there at the same time! And it's really neat for me to see how you were able to jump around so easily and be so flexible when travelling solo! That's awesome!
Yay!!! Welcome! Yes, the benefits of solo trips!

What a nice photo! How lucky to spend a meal with the fabulous Su-Lynn and Steve!
I was so happy we could meet up a couple times, they really are just the loveliest people :goodvibes

People mover at night is the epitome of Tomorrowland love!!
YES!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh bahaha :rotfl2:

Yeah, maybe keep fishing...
Yeah... I think you're right :laughing: ;)

Wow! Su-Lynn saves the day! That's super :thumbsup2
She was my hero!!!

Oh, I SO feel this. Just got through midterms and am ready for the world's longest nap.
Seriously! Omg, this semester is going "well" but just exhausting. I know you can relate. ::yes::

How awesome! One of the benefits of a solo trip. And how awesome of them for including you in their evening!
Indeed! It was so much fun.

Fabulous! Your magic band matches her dress! :thumbsup2
I didn't notice that - you're right! :laughing:

Hope the semester is treating you well. Balancing work and school is never easy.
Thank you! :thumbsup2 It really is a challenge, but I'm getting closer and closer to graduation with each passing day :thumbsup2

This is an awesome photo. When we rode FEA, I don't think I ever stopped talking........
I don't think we did stop talking! :laughing:

Love the Three Caballeros; such great Hidden Mickey hunting in that ride.
Yes! I love that, too ::yes::

That looks good! Are the bubbles tapioca?
They may be... I can't remember! But they were sure delicious :drinking1

I love Tink too. She is a smart and sassy bad***. My kind of girl!
My kind of girl, too :goodvibes

You're doing online Kent State?
Kent State college is like an hour or so away from me. You'll have to let me know if you ever have to come to Ohio, so we can meet up!

You're doing online Kent State?
Kent State college is like an hour or so away from me. You'll have to let me know if you ever have to come to Ohio, so we can meet up!
Yes!!! That's awesome! I went out to visit before actually beginning my program a couple years ago and really loved the area. I hope to make it out for my graduation (still a ways to go!), so... Dismeet?! :rolleyes1 ;)

Thanks! It was a fun shot for sure :thumbsup2

What was up with the Photo Pass guy?
No idea?! :confused3

The old man on the Frozen ride by himself is awesome. I am surprised they didn't put you together. That is a pretty empty boat with a long wait..
Right?! I loved him... but apparently it wasn't mutual :rotfl:

Yes!!! That's awesome! I went out to visit before actually beginning my program a couple years ago and really loved the area. I hope to make it out for my graduation (still a ways to go!), so... Dismeet?! :rolleyes1 ;)

Oh, YES!!!! That would be so fun!!! :)

Caught up again, sorry I've been struggling to keep up around here! We did the same thing as you on our trip...knocked out what we wanted in AK and didn't go back for our second day - went to Epcot instead!

Cute Photopass shot with Tink!

I am really wondering about solo FEA guy's story. Like, why was he at WDW himself? Is he a regular? I feel like he has a story.

Loving your trip report! I'm also a western New Yorker! Grew up in Alfred, just west of you. I have taken several trips with my choir. And with the exception of performing, workshops, and scheduled meet ups with the kids, they are essentially solo trips. Reading trip reports like yours makes me want to book a true solo trip! Looking forward to reading the rest! Love being able to do my own thing as the day progresses!

Loving your trip report!
Thank you!!! Happy to have you here :goodvibes

I'm also a western New Yorker! Grew up in Alfred, just west of you.
Yay - another New Yorker!

Reading trip reports like yours makes me want to book a true solo trip! Looking forward to reading the rest! Love being able to do my own thing as the day progresses!
Yes, you must! They can be so much fun! ::yes::

Hello from the depths of late semester-land! I am struggling to keep this TR going, but fear not! I shall not give up! :thumbsup2 This semester has been the longest since I started my program nearly 2 years ago... 15 whole weeks! My fall and spring semesters are typically 10 weeks and my summer semesters 7 or 8 weeks, so this semester feels like an eternity. :faint: Anywho... on with the show!

Day 3, Part 3: Some 50s Flair
When last we left off, I was doing what I do best... wandering aimlessly around World Showcase, beverage in hand. :cloud9: I decided it was best to be heading to DHS though... as I had a fun ADR to make! I left via International Gateway around 2:15 and walked onto a waiting boat, sitting outside in the back which I'd never done.

Disney August 2017 181.JPG

Disney August 2017 182.JPG

Disney August 2017 183.JPG

Disney August 2017 184.JPG

Pretty soon I was seeing this lovely sight!

Disney August 2017 186.JPG

Disney August 2017 187.JPG

I had a little time before my 3:30 ADR so I briefly hit up One Man's Dream, but not before seeing these guys...

Disney August 2017 189.JPG

And ooooooh, what's this little teaser?!

Disney August 2017 190.JPG

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

Disney August 2017 191.JPG
Walt and Mickey :cloud9:

Disney August 2017 192.JPG
And for anyone who remembers... if I were to have children, Marceline would be my daughter's name... :rolleyes1

*continued in next post*

*continued from previous post*

On my way back up to the front of the park, I wandered upon this!

Disney August 2017 194.JPG

Disney August 2017 195.JPG

Getting closer...

Disney August 2017 196.JPG

And... made it! :thumbsup2

Disney August 2017 197.JPG

I checked in at 3:30 and had a bit of a wait, and was seated about 15 minutes later. This was the view from my table.

Disney August 2017 199.JPG

The fabulous Carmelo was my server and he truly was FABULOUS. I ordered a PBJ shake which was unbelievably delicious, and fried chicken with onion rings, per a demand - I mean polite suggestion - from @pkondz. As you can see, I also got corn, but that part wasn't overly memorable apparently :laughing:

Disney August 2017 200.JPG

And another view from another vantage point...

Disney August 2017 201.JPG

Before leaving, I got this fun shot with Carmelo. As you can see, he was loads of fun and really made this experience wonderful for me.

Disney August 2017 202.JPG

I found that the staff here was amazing to me as a solo guest but there were definitely fellow guests who insisted on staring. :confused3 Not to worry, I had my trusty copy of Revenge of the Sith to keep me company :thumbsup2

At 4:30 I left and walked into Indiana Jones which was scheduled to start at 4:45. It was a great show, I really do enjoy seeing this every couple trips. I'm obsessed with "Tim" in the beginning and love watching the guests who don't yet understand his role ;)

Disney August 2017 203.JPG

Disney August 2017 209.JPG

Up Next: the Wookiee wins :chewy:

Yup... school bread. I've always loved this but I think I'll try something else next time, this wasn't quite as good as I remember but maybe I just had an off day as it was super dry.

Ugh I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it was just a bad school bread day because I loved it....especially the stuff in the middle!

And another view from another vantage point...

From that pic it looks like you had the exact same table we had when we were there. Such a fun place! The onion rings do look pretty good!

I bring to you Day 3, Part 2, where lots of eating continues

Lots of eating. Just the way I like it!

El Rio del Tiempo

#NeverForget

I love Fiesta Tour more than anyone ought to, but I also loved El Rio!

I have yet to dine here but it's high on my list! Anyone else have opinions about San Angel?

I have lots of opinions! I'm almost to the review of our visit on my TR. The atmosphere is cool, the food is ok...I wish the tables were farther apart.

disney-august-2017-159-jpg.278496

Yup... school bread. I've always loved this but I think I'll try something else next time, this wasn't quite as good as I remember but maybe I just had an off day as it was super dry.

Yum, yum! I'm sorry it wasn't awesome on this day. I love school bread so much, but I didn't get any in May or October. Let's go with off day b/c I would be so sad if they changed it and it wasn't good anymore!

This is SO CUTE!

sitting outside in the back which I'd never done.

That's my favorite boat seat! Although my mom got whacked in the head with the flag a couple weeks ago sitting back there, lol

And for anyone who remembers... if I were to have children, Marceline would be my daughter's name... :rolleyes1

I remember! My girl name would be Evangeline, so we'd have to get these imaginary children together with their rhyming names!

On my way back up to the front of the park, I wandered upon this!

disney-august-2017-194-jpg.281771

The best!

I swear this is the table we had last time we ate there!

Ugh I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it was just a bad school bread day because I loved it....especially the stuff in the middle!
Right?! It's usually SO yummy! I'm gonna go with just an off day and next time it'll be delicious as usual ::yes::

From that pic it looks like you had the exact same table we had when we were there. Such a fun place! The onion rings do look pretty good!
No way! :thumbsup2

Lots of eating. Just the way I like it!
::yes::

#NeverForget

I love Fiesta Tour more than anyone ought to, but I also loved El Rio!
Agreed!

I have lots of opinions! I'm almost to the review of our visit on my TR. The atmosphere is cool, the food is ok...I wish the tables were farther apart.
Oh, good! I'm anxious to hear about your visit there, then. I kinda assumed all the things you just said, based on what I've seen and heard.

Yum, yum! I'm sorry it wasn't awesome on this day. I love school bread so much, but I didn't get any in May or October. Let's go with off day b/c I would be so sad if they changed it and it wasn't good anymore!
Yep, I'm thinking just off day. You must get some next month... and I will again too! :thumbsup2

This is SO CUTE!
Thanks! I love magic shots :goodvibes

That's my favorite boat seat! Although my mom got whacked in the head with the flag a couple weeks ago sitting back there, lol
Oh, dear! :eek:

I remember! My girl name would be Evangeline, so we'd have to get these imaginary children together with their rhyming names!
Yes! I love it!

I swear this is the table we had last time we ate there!
:laughing: @KathyM2 just said the same, must be a popular table! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter