Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

I'm here to follow along!

My first stop was Casey’s Corner as I was starving but didn’t want to fill up too much as I was having dinner later that night with Su-Lynn and Steve!

Super jealous on this one :)) They are so much fun and it would have been great to chat over dinner!!

I arrived home last night at 12:30 after many delays and airport issues.
Oh, no! To add insult to injury on having to leave Disney property, you had airport issues?! :sad2:

Post Disney Depression is already settling in so I will have to cheer myself up by reading all about your adventures! :)
Ugh, I hear that. I'll do my best to cheer us both up as I relive the glory days of... last week :laughing:

Signing up!! Loved your top!
Yay!!! Happy to have you! Thank you, believe it or not, the shirt was $5 at FYE on the clearance rack! One of the best $5 I've ever spent! :rotfl:

Great pics! Gotta love that Disney blue sky (hope it lasted!)
Thank you!!! Ya know what... the weather actually cooperated quite nicely! I was very worried about that typical August rain, but it actually was quite lovely - albeit hot! - most of the time!

Welcome home :) Sounds like a fabulous first part of the day!
Thank you!!! Happy to have you, Jackie! :goodvibes

I must agree, a crappy view of the Disney World sign beats just about any view at home!!
Right?! :thumbsup2

I'm here to follow along!
Yay!!! Thanks for joining, Kathy! :goodvibes

Super jealous on this one :)) They are so much fun and it would have been great to chat over dinner!!
Aren't they great?! I was still coming down from my Scopolomine "issues" :-)laughing:) so I was probably a little groggy, but I had such a great time with them!

I am here!! Will come back to read later tomorrow, but I'm excited to hear how your trip went!!

I am glad you jumped in with your trip report. I enjoyed your IG pictures.
Thanks so much, Rob! So glad you're here. And glad you liked the IG pictures. I love IG because I really feel like I'm there because of the "real time" factor :thumbsup2

I am here! Just read the first part of your post! Can't wait to hear all the details!
Yay!!! So happy to have you! Lots of details... coming up soon! :thumbsup2

Joining in. I would love to take a solo trip one day but for now it isn't in the cards.
So happy to have you!!! :goodvibes Solo trips are great, but so aren't group ones ::yes:: And someday hopefully you'll get to experience a solo one, too! :thumbsup2

Where: All-Star Movies Resort. This was my first time here and I had a good experience. Since I mostly just use my room to store my clothes and sleep, it got the job done. I had a preferred room which was reasonably close to transportation, which is all I really wanted. It also felt closer to the parks than Pop, which is where I typically stay.

I always think this is the All-Star resort that looks the most fun!!

Dominic managed to get away from me only once, to run through the neighbor’s lawn sprinkler. :faint: :laughing:

LOL!! Go big or go home, right?? Running through the sprinkler is going big! :rotfl2:

disney-august-2017-023-jpg_re-jpg.265116

I love it!! You look so happy!!

Woohoo for dinner with Su-Lynn and Steve! Looking forward to more!!

I'm here! I'm here!!! :wave:
YAY! YAY! So happy you are! :goodvibes

Excited to hear all about your trip!!!! :)
More coming right up! :thumbsup2

I always think this is the All-Star resort that looks the most fun!!
I agree! I'd like to get to Music at some point (I've already done Sports), but I really did enjoy Movies.

LOL!! Go big or go home, right?? Running through the sprinkler is going big! :rotfl2:
I honestly could NOT STOP LAUGHING. I was trying to reel him back over but I was cracking up so much I was giving off some major mixed signals :rotfl2:

I love it!! You look so happy!!
I really was :cloud9: Can't I just blink myself back there?! :sad2:

Woohoo for dinner with Su-Lynn and Steve! Looking forward to more!!
Coming right up! :thumbsup2

Day 1, Part 2: We Dine Like Colonists!

Hi, everyone! Well, I’m managing to make it through my first week of the Fall semester still intact… let’s hope this is a good sign of things to come for the next 14! (Ugh, I’m used to 10 week semesters, this one is going to seem super long!) Anyway… on with the show!

When last I left you, I’d managed to get in all my FPs (BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, and Space) and even managed to get on Pirates, as well. I'm posting my PP pictures because honestly I cannot stop laughing.

Space_Day 1_RE.jpg
Was I on Space Mountain or relaxing on my couch watching the Bachelorette?! :sad2: :laughing: At least the girl in the back had her act together.

Pirates_Day 1_RE.jpg

And I don't even know about this one... but it looks like I was deeeeeep in thought. Maybe wondering if I could somehow get one of the Johnny Depp animatronics through the airport? :confused3 Maybe it's just an awkward place for a photo because it looks like the whole boat was just out to lunch. Anyway, these ride photos just crack me up. And don't worry, plenty more where they came from! :rotfl2:

But of course the highlight of my night, truly, was getting to see Su-Lynn (@chunkymonkey) and Steve, again! As you may remember from my PTR, they made a surprise appearance in my May 2015 trip… we happened to be sitting only a cart or two away from each other on BTMRR and I flagged them down after the ride! Goes to show one must always be on the lookout for Disers whilst at Disney. :thumbsup2

Our ADR was at 7 something and by about 7, I was parked on the rock wall opposite LTT where I was more than happy to soak up a little bit of Liberty Square while I waited. :cloud9:

LTT_Day 1_RE.jpg

I saw the two of them sneak in, and away I went! I don’t have to tell any of you here how fabulous these two are…. you all already know! ::yes:: We had a great time chatting and before too long, we were shown to our table and the food was brought out shortly thereafter. We started with some rolls and salad and moved on to the main event: I think we’re looking at roast turkey, pot roast, and carved pork roast, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and corn.

LTT2_Day 1_RE.jpg

LTT3_Day 1_RE.jpg

I think the mashed potatoes were my favorite! Those were really yummy. For dessert, we had the ooey gooey toffee cake (toffee filling, caramel sauce, and vanilla ice cream) – this was also amazing!

LTT4_Day 1_RE.jpg

We asked a CM to get a few photos of us after our meal.

LTT5_Day 1_RE.jpg

Anyone else think it kinda looks like Su-Lynn is wearing some fabulously colonial-themed ears?! :laughing:

From there, we wandered over to check out Happily Ever After, which we came into a bit late, but it didn’t matter – it was fabulous!

HEA_Day 1_RE.jpg

HEA2_Day 1_RE.jpg

HEA3_Day 1_RE.jpg

Continued in next post!

Last edited:
Continued from previous post.

Here's a very blurry photo of us right after HEA - darn my selfie skills! :sad2: But we were happy, at least! :thumbsup2

HEA4_Day 1_RE.jpg

Far too soon, HEA was over and Su-Lynn and Steve headed out, as their last day was the next day. :sad: I had a little bit more park time though, so away I went to Tomorrowland to catch a ride with Mr. Morrow on one of my favorites.

PM_Day 1_RE.jpg

PM2_Day 1_RE.jpg

I can't even communicate how much I love this ride. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE it at night! :cloud9:

TL_Day 1_RE.jpg

From there, I headed over to Haunted Mansion which was practically a walk-on. I love me some grim grinning ghosts... especially when they come out to socialize. My first night was already over, but at least my Disney vacation had only just begun!

Next up… a Hollywood kind of morning!

Anyway, these ride photos just crack me up. And don't worry, plenty more where they came from! :rotfl2:

Haha these photos are awesome!!! You're just casually sittin on Space Mountain, and then in deep thought on Pirates, although once in a while these rides do require some deep thinking....

But of course the highlight of my night, truly, was getting to see Su-Lynn (@chunkymonkey) and Steve, again! As you may remember from my PTR, they made a surprise appearance in my May 2015 trip… we happened to be sitting only a cart or two away from each other on BTMRR and I flagged them down after the ride! Goes to show one must always be on the lookout for Disers whilst at Disney. :thumbsup2

Yes!! What a magical night. And we must have are Dis-radar on all the time!

I saw the two of them sneak in, and away I went! I don’t have to tell any of you here how fabulous these two are…. you all already know! ::yes:: We had a great time chatting and before too long, we were shown to our table and the food was brought out shortly thereafter. We started with some rolls and salad and moved on to the main event: I think we’re looking at roast turkey, pot roast, and carved pork roast, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and corn.

Hehe sneaky!
Aww you are fabulous too! and being part of Cool Aunt Club - that's a very exclusive thing. :thumbsup2
YUM, just thinking about this makes my mouth water!

I think the mashed potatoes were my favorite! Those were really yummy. For dessert, we had the ooey gooey toffee cake (toffee filling, caramel sauce, and vanilla ice cream) – this was also amazing!

The mashed potatoes and the cake were the best part! Aside from the company, of course. :)

We asked a CM to get a few photos of us after our meal.

ltt5_day-1_re-jpg.266017

Anyone else think it kinda looks like Su-Lynn is wearing some fabulously colonial-themed ears?! :laughing:

Aww I love this! And those ears!! Hahaha that's a great idea for a pair of ears!

Love this picture!

Here's a very blurry photo of us right after HEA - darn my selfie skills! :sad2: But we were happy, at least! :thumbsup2

hea4_day-1_re-jpg.266026

and this one too! My "naked" picture! LOL.

pm2_day-1_re-jpg.266024

I can't even communicate how much I love this ride. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE it at night! :cloud9:

LOVE IT!! The perfect ride for night!

once in a while these rides do require some deep thinking....
I completely agree! :laughing:

And we must have are Dis-radar on all the time!
You must... you just never know who's gonna show up!

being part of Cool Aunt Club - that's a very exclusive thing. :thumbsup2
Very exclusive. Very cool. ::yes::

YUM, just thinking about this makes my mouth water!
Me, too!

Aside from the company, of course. :)
Likewise :hug:

And those ears!! Hahaha that's a great idea for a pair of ears!
Right?! :laughing:

My "naked" picture! LOL.
That's right! :rotfl:

Was I on Space Mountain or relaxing on my couch watching the Bachelorette?! :sad2: :laughing: At least the girl in the back had her act together.

I can't believe how relaxed you look!! I would be hysterical lol. Must have been the meds lol

Goes to show one must always be on the lookout for Disers whilst at Disney. :thumbsup2

So true!!! If I hadn't been on the lookout I never would have seen @ariane37 on the bus lol. You never know where you will find DIS'ers!!

OMG PM is the best!! I could just stay on it and ride around and around!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter