Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

Yay for conquering RnR and ToT! Glad the medicine was working and you could enjoy the rides your normally couldn't!

Haha I love the love interest breakdown and look forward to hopefully more of those!!

Glad you could have another meetup, cute photos!

Thankfully, my dad is not at his place in Tarpon Springs (very close to Tampa) right now, but some of his neighbors stayed. I also have close family friends doing the hotel circuit as they head north from Tampa as we speak.

How is everything and everyone?

disney-august-2017-057-jpgtr-jpg.268334

Nice shot. ::yes::

Am I the only one in love with these vending machines?! :lovestruc

1. You are not alone, but...
2. I had no idea they were vending machines! I thought they were just decoration.

Well. Someone looks pretty happy to be here.

I was in the park by 8 with so far very low crowds!

Nice!

It was rough seeing the Chinese Theater for the first time post-GMR shut-down.

Glad the hat is gone, but.... Yeah.

But I tried to focus… after all, I had a rock 'n' rollercoaster to get to!

Woot!

I did the single rider line and guess what?! Very minimal motion sickness!

Yay!! That's great!

(Didn't look too terrified yet, though...) :laughing:

:laughing:

This CM's creepy smile game was on point.

Guess what?! I survived and loved it! It had been years since I’d last ventured on this beloved ride. I was so happy I could again! There are so many things I had forgotten about.

That's wonderful! So happy for you, Tracy!

(although the shadow on my shirt of the guy in front of me kinda looks like a bib... which may have saved said guy in front of me if I did have any nausea issues :laughing:)

:lmao:

remember how I’d mentioned I was feeling pretty “doped up” on the Scopolamine? I think the proof is in the... picture. ::yes::

Well, that explains it!

We're pretty good at bumping into each other at Disney!

Ouch. Who usually gets hurt? I'm betting it's her.

We agreed to meet after their Toy Story ride, which gave me a chance to meet Love Interest #1.

I keep telling you that I wasn't there.

Not a happy camper.

In line for this meet, I saw a couple with “I love you” and “I know” shirts – okay, this has to be a requirement for anyone I date in the future.

Awwww....

I wrote it in my TR, but...
I saw a couple at MNSSHP who wore "He's my boo" and "She's my boo" shirts.

If you’re not willing to wear one half of that shirt ensemble in the future… politely remove yourself from my prospects, I'm not interested.

Sound reasoning.

Love your smile! :D

*denotes red flag

(ignore the finger in the corner... clearly I'm below average in the selfie-game)

Nah. It's "artistic".

Thankfully, my dad is not at his place in Tarpon Springs (very close to Tampa) right now, but some of his neighbors stayed. I also have close family friends doing the hotel circuit as they head north from Tampa as we speak.

I hope everyone ended up ok, and property wasn't damaged, etc! I was scared for my friends that stayed (some just outside of Miami! Yikes! They live to the northeast in Cooper City, and the others in Port St. Lucie)

Um, that does not look very welcoming! It looks like Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame to me, even though it is not.

Am I the only one in love with these vending machines?! :lovestruc

disney-august-2017-058-jpgtr-jpg.268335

You are not alone, they are adorable!!

:sad:

Guess what?! I survived and loved it!

Hooray!! You should have joined in with the Charlie's Angels next to you though, lol!

:sad1::sad1::sad2:

In line for this meet, I saw a couple with “I love you” and “I know” shirts – okay, this has to be a requirement for anyone I date in the future. If you’re not willing to wear one half of that shirt ensemble in the future… politely remove yourself from my prospects, I'm not interested.

:rotfl:

Yes, you have high standards, do not lower them for someone unwilling to wear matchy shirts with you!

NAME: Kylo Ren

PROFESSION: Jedi Killer*

PROS: awesome parents!

CONS: relationship with father ended pretty badly
*; also, see profession*

*denotes red flag

ACTION: Probably a no.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: DYING!! But there is something about him...I was always a fixer, I could CHANGE HIM!! haha

Aww! I love this

clearly I'm below average in the selfie-game

This is a great selfie!! As for the finger in the shot thing, join the club! It's where all the cool kids hang out!!

I walked to Epcot!

It's like the never ending walk, lol

This picture is also tame (although the shadow on my shirt of the guy in front of me kinda looks like a bib... which may have saved said guy in front of me if I did have any nausea issues :laughing:)

Hilarious. Good thing you did not!

but @KathyM2 brilliantly pointed out a great theory – remember how I’d mentioned I was feeling pretty “doped up” on the Scopolamine? I think the proof is in the... picture. ::yes::

OMG awesome. Nothing like doped up rides lol

PROFILE: Love Interest #1

Um...how did he feel about that lol

Su-Lynn – always a pleasure to see you and Steve! Thanks for making the first part of my trip one of my favorites! :goodvibes

So fun. I love them too!! Am hoping I get to see @chunkymonkey and possibly Steve in NYC this week!

Am I the only one in love with these vending machines?!

Those are cute! I never really noticed them before, but I guess I' haven't bought anything from a vending machine in a long time! The last time I used one I embarrassed myself and lost about 2 bucks in the process...hahaha

Boo, sniff. :sad:

_dhs_2_1x-jpg.268344

Guess what?! I survived and loved it! It had been years since I’d last ventured on this beloved ride. I was so happy I could again! There are so many things I had forgotten about.

Yay! You're braver than I am. I love the theme, can't get over the drops!

By this time, @chunkymonkey and I were texting to decide when next to meet up. They had a FP for TSMM so were heading in that direction but we bumped into each other when I was en route to the Launch Bay! We're pretty good at bumping into each other at Disney!

We certainly are! Next time I'm not even going to tell you when I'm going to Disney, and I'm sure we'll just happen to bump into each other again! :rotfl:

disney-august-2017-071-jpgtr-jpg.268350

Clearly, I was not amused by this.

Haha love your less-than-amused face!!

In line for this meet, I saw a couple with “I love you” and “I know” shirts – okay, this has to be a requirement for anyone I date in the future. If you’re not willing to wear one half of that shirt ensemble in the future… politely remove yourself from my prospects, I'm not interested.

Deal-breaker for sure!!
Although in the fall, I'm going to have Steve and myself both wear "I know" t-shirts on our anniversary, LOL.

_dhs_2_1-jpg.268343

He charmed the smile right off my face... :rolleyes1

NAME: Kylo Ren

PROFESSION: Jedi Killer*

PROS: awesome parents!

CONS: relationship with father ended pretty badly
*; also, see profession*

*denotes red flag

ACTION: Probably a no.

LOL probably not once you can introduce to your parents. A bit too serious...has bad temper...slightly immature. :laughing:

I wandered around Launch Bay a bit before heading out to meet Su-Lynn and Steve again! We got some great PP pictures... (isn't her shirt the cutest?!)
_dhs_2_2-jpg.268345

Aww love this pic! And thank you! I like how we both have the ringer style shirts on that day!

disney-august-2017-077-jpgtr-jpg.268352

(ignore the finger in the corner... clearly I'm below average in the selfie-game)

Su-Lynn – always a pleasure to see you and Steve! Thanks for making the first part of my trip one of my favorites! :goodvibes

Tracy - I'm so glad i extended our trip! Not only did we have so much fun at dinner and at DHS, I got to tour WDW with some adults for a change, LOL. It was so great seeing you gain, and I'm sure it's the first of many meets for years to come! :hug:

Once we departed company, I did something most sane people wouldn’t (but keep in mind I tolerate the heat much better than almost anyone else I know)… I walked to Epcot! :rotfl:

I would have passed out! :faint: Good for you!

I love character meets, Kylo is very intimidating! I don't think he would be a good boyfriend. To many issues, lol!
:rotfl2:

I love ToT, rockin not so much, glad to hear your scopolamine patch was working well so you could do some more attractions!
Thank you! I was so relieved!

Great pics! As a dad, I think I'd agree that Kylo's relationship with his dad would tend to be a red flag issue. Good judgement on your part.
Why, thank you! :laughing:

Great update!
Thank you! :goodvibes

Believe it or not I JUST bought the "I love you, I know" t-shirts!! My BF agreed to a couples outfit one day, but only if it was star wars themed! I was so pleased to find these! Three weeks wait to find out if he will actually leave the room in it!!!!!
What?! :rotfl: Too funny! I'm so excited for you! :thumbsup2

Yay for conquering RnR and ToT! Glad the medicine was working and you could enjoy the rides your normally couldn't!
Thank you, I was so happy, too! ::yes::

Haha I love the love interest breakdown and look forward to hopefully more of those!!
Oh there will be... :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Glad you could have another meetup, cute photos!
Thank you! I was happy we could meet up again, too.

How is everything and everyone?
Thanks for asking. My dad's place had very minimal damage - some downed trees and no power, but also no flooding! He was very fortunate.

1. You are not alone, but...
2. I had no idea they were vending machines! I thought they were just decoration.
Yep! I've never used them, but always admired them ::yes::

Well. Someone looks pretty happy to be here.
Someone was!

Glad the hat is gone, but.... Yeah.
Yeah... same.

So happy for you, Tracy!
Thank you!!! :goodvibes

Ouch. Who usually gets hurt? I'm betting it's her.
Yeah... I give a mean bump. :laughing:

I keep telling you that I wasn't there.
How do I keep forgetting?!

I saw a couple at MNSSHP who wore "He's my boo" and "She's my boo" shirts.

Nah. It's "artistic".
Thank you - I think you're right! :thumbsup2

I hope everyone ended up ok, and property wasn't damaged, etc! I was scared for my friends that stayed (some just outside of Miami! Yikes! They live to the northeast in Cooper City, and the others in Port St. Lucie)
My dad's place was lucky - some downed trees and power loss, but no flooding and no one was hurt. How did your friends make out?

Um, that does not look very welcoming! It looks like Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame to me, even though it is not.
Right?!

Hooray!! You should have joined in with the Charlie's Angels next to you though, lol!
I know!

Yes, you have high standards, do not lower them for someone unwilling to wear matchy shirts with you!
You're absolutely right. It's a promise! :thumbsup2

DYING!! But there is something about him...I was always a fixer, I could CHANGE HIM!! haha

This is a great selfie!! As for the finger in the shot thing, join the club! It's where all the cool kids hang out!!
Yay, happy to be in the club now! ::yes::

Hilarious. Good thing you did not!

OMG awesome. Nothing like doped up rides lol
Nope, nothing quite like 'em :laughing:

Um...how did he feel about that lol
He wouldn't say ;)

Am hoping I get to see @chunkymonkey and possibly Steve in NYC this week!
YAY!!! Can't wait to hear about it. :goodvibes

Those are cute! I never really noticed them before, but I guess I' haven't bought anything from a vending machine in a long time! The last time I used one I embarrassed myself and lost about 2 bucks in the process...hahaha
Oh dear :laughing:

Next time I'm not even going to tell you when I'm going to Disney, and I'm sure we'll just happen to bump into each other again! :rotfl:
:rotfl2: And ya know what... we probably would!

Deal-breaker for sure!!
Although in the fall, I'm going to have Steve and myself both wear "I know" t-shirts on our anniversary, LOL.
I'm glad you agree! :thumbsup2 Omg that's amazing - I love it!!!

LOL probably not once you can introduce to your parents. A bit too serious...has bad temper...slightly immature. :laughing:
Very, very true...

Aww love this pic! And thank you! I like how we both have the ringer style shirts on that day!
We did! :goodvibes

Tracy - I'm so glad i extended our trip! Not only did we have so much fun at dinner and at DHS, I got to tour WDW with some adults for a change, LOL. It was so great seeing you gain, and I'm sure it's the first of many meets for years to come! :hug:
And I am SO glad that I extended mine, too. Seeing you and Steve and having some dedicated time together just made my trip :hug: I sure hope to see lots more of you both in the future :goodvibes

Sounds like an awesome start to your day!
Mike and I rode TGMR one last time the beginning of august. Bittersweet. I loved that ride. It wont be the same.
Anyways, I digress...

I used to not be able to ride ToT. Now though, I need to ride at least once a trip. Not too bad.

The heat and I don't tolerate each other, even in the best of times. lol
You're brave to walk that length, in the heat. I would have taken the boat. haha

Sounds like an awesome start to your day!
It really was! :goodvibes

Mike and I rode TGMR one last time the beginning of august. Bittersweet. I loved that ride. It wont be the same.
Anyways, I digress...
I'm not sure I would have been able to go on GMR one last time, knowing it was the last time. :sad1: I'm sure bittersweet was putting it mildly :sad: And you're right, it just won't be the same.

I used to not be able to ride ToT. Now though, I need to ride at least once a trip. Not too bad.
So glad you can now do it!

The heat and I don't tolerate each other, even in the best of times. lol
You're brave to walk that length, in the heat. I would have taken the boat. haha
You and plenty of other people... I'm just weird :laughing::laughing:

@Tracy161 just joined your tr! It's so funny!
Yay!!! So happy to have you! And I'm glad you're enjoying my humor ;)

I am definitely going to pout when I see the shuttered GMR :(
You'll be in good company!

BTW, I am also a librarian :)
What?! Yay! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

A big CONGRATS to you for making it through the T of T :D It's my favorite so I can't imagine not riding it multiple times each trip, but I do remember the fear years ago before I'd ever ridden it, looking up at the opening and hearing people's death screams :scared: The first time I rode it I rode alone and I honestly thought I'd die lol!
And yay for your meet up with @chunkymonkey and Steve! Yes her sunglasses shirt is adorable as are all her Disney clothes :goodvibes
I hope by our Nov. trip they have the GMR sign down because it'll be too sad to see it :(

Thanks for asking. My dad's place had very minimal damage - some downed trees and no power, but also no flooding! He was very fortunate.

Good to hear!

Yep! I've never used them, but always admired them ::yes::

And now that I know what they are.... I'll probably never use them either!

Someone was!

Yeah... I give a mean bump. :laughing:

How do I keep forgetting?!

I am beginning to question your commitment to this completely fictional relationship!

I am enjoying this trip report! I have laughed way too much as the kids are out of school due to Irma damage and clean up (in Ga). They keep asking what am I laughing at! Long weekend trip planned in December so this is how I get my fix. MVMCP and AK but we will be planning a whole week next year. My mom has dialysis 3 times a week so we are taking her on a long weekend to see the lights. I can't wait to see my happy place!:thanks:

Joining in a little late. :wave: Since you're only on day two I haven't missed too much.

Now walking to EPCOT in August. :crazy2:

Late as well, but following along! :tiptoe: Your dating profile for Kylo CRACKED me up :lmao:So funny!

I took my first solo trip this June, and it was so great just doing whatever I felt like doing! Exited to read about the rest of your trip!

A big CONGRATS to you for making it through the T of T :D It's my favorite so I can't imagine not riding it multiple times each trip, but I do remember the fear years ago before I'd ever ridden it, looking up at the opening and hearing people's death screams :scared:
Thank you!!! It was exciting, it was frightening, it was AWESOME!!! And yes, those screams from beyond really up the ante on the anticipation!

The first time I rode it I rode alone and I honestly thought I'd die lol!
What?! For the first time?! Alone?! :scared1: As a pretty committed solo travelin' gal, I didn't even brave my first ToT experience alone! :thumbsup2:laughing:

Yes her sunglasses shirt is adorable as are all her Disney clothes :goodvibes
Right?! She's really got the best Disney clothing, that one. ::yes::

I hope by our Nov. trip they have the GMR sign down because it'll be too sad to see it :(
Same :sad1:

And now that I know what they are.... I'll probably never use them either!

I am beginning to question your commitment to this completely fictional relationship!
What... NEVER!!! I'm way more committed to this one than I am to the one I'm in with Kylo, I promise! ::yes::

I am enjoying this trip report! I have laughed way too much
Awww, thank you so much!!! So glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes

kids are out of school due to Irma damage and clean up (in Ga)
Oh, no. I'm so sorry to hear that. How did you all fare? My dad had minimal damage at his place near Tampa. Compared to many people, he's very, very lucky :sad1:

Long weekend trip planned in December so this is how I get my fix. MVMCP and AK but we will be planning a whole week next year. My mom has dialysis 3 times a week so we are taking her on a long weekend to see the lights. I can't wait to see my happy place!:thanks:
Yay for the long weekend coming up! As quickly as fall goes, it'll be here before you know it. Ahhh, MVMCP - I haven't been to this in YEARS but very excited for you that you're going!!! :santa:

reading along :)
Yay!!! Happy to have you here :goodvibes

Joining in a little late. :wave: Since you're only on day two I haven't missed too much.
Nope, haven't missed too much yet at all! Consider yourself right on time :thumbsup2

Now walking to EPCOT in August. :crazy2:

Late as well, but following along! :tiptoe:

Your dating profile for Kylo CRACKED me up :lmao:So funny!
:rotfl2: Glad you liked it. Hey, a girl needs to know her options, right? ;)

I took my first solo trip this June, and it was so great just doing whatever I felt like doing! Exited to read about the rest of your trip!
Isn't solo tripping amazing?! The freedom is just so awesome. Happy you're here with me!

Thank you!!! It was exciting, it was frightening, it was AWESOME!!! And yes, those screams from beyond really up the ante on the anticipation!

What?! For the first time?! Alone?! :scared1: As a pretty committed solo travelin' gal, I didn't even brave my first ToT experience alone! :thumbsup2:laughing:

Right?! She's really got the best Disney clothing, that one. ::yes::

Same :sad1:

What... NEVER!!! I'm way more committed to this one than I am to the one I'm in with Kylo, I promise! ::yes::

Awww, thank you so much!!! So glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes

Oh, no. I'm so sorry to hear that. How did you all fare? My dad had minimal damage at his place near Tampa. Compared to many people, he's very, very lucky :sad1:

We had no damage and our power was off for a bit. A few tree limbs and a lot of cleaning up to do. I still have family and friends without power. So glad that your Dad is ok! Very scary storm for us.

Yay for the long weekend coming up! As quickly as fall goes, it'll be here before you know it. Ahhh, MVMCP - I haven't been to this in YEARS but very excited for you that you're going!!! :santa:

Nope, haven't missed too much yet at all! Consider yourself right on time :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Glad you liked it. Hey, a girl needs to know her options, right? ;)

Isn't solo tripping amazing?! The freedom is just so awesome. Happy you're here with me!

[QUOTE

I was in line for DHS about 7:20ish. A bus pulled up about 15 minutes later and… hooray for Hollywood! Am I the only one in love with these vending machines?! :lovestruc

View attachment 268335

[/QUOTE]

Joining-in! I love the soda machines at HOllywood Studios and all those little bits of Hollywood glamour that are / were infused in the park. Here's hoping they retain those affects as they move forward with rennovations.

Joining-in! I love the soda machines at HOllywood Studios and all those little bits of Hollywood glamour that are / were infused in the park. Here's hoping they retain those affects as they move forward with rennovations.
Welcome!!! :goodvibes So glad you've noticed them too! I know, I SO love the bits of Hollywood glamour, too. I'm really worried about the direction they're taking DHS, but I'm also hopeful that they'll retain these touches. DHS/MGM used to be my favorite park when I was younger... exactly because of the art deco/Hollywood golden age that was felt throughout the park :cloud9: So glad you've joined me for my TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!