Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

Hi! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. We were supposed to get completely pounded with snow yesterday (and every single other town, village, and nook and cranny did... to the tune of nearly 2 feet) but my "city" managed to get by with barely a dusting. How does that happen?! Family members and colleagues just 15 minutes down the road had nearly 2 feet and I didn't even have to brush my car :confused3 Anyway, it's March and that means spring is ahead and that means my May trip is inching its way closer :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Thank you to everyone who gave me such great feedback about Disney tours. I truly appreciate it!!! :goodvibes Ultimately, it seemed like there was just no way I could go wrong though :thumbsup2 I decided this morning and just got off the phone with Disney and have a Keys to the Kingdom tour booked!!! I am beyond excited. Excited actually doesn't even begin to describe it. :laughing: I had to do a little rearranging of my schedule and ended up wiping out my morning at AK in order to make room for this but I'm positive I won't regret it. I really want to make this trip a little extra special, there are moments during my solo trips that I miss having people around to share these awesome moments. So... I'll be sharing awesome moments with lots of people... just mostly strangers :rotfl: I have a Star Wars Dessert Party booked for my second night, am still considering Behind the Seeds, and now have KTTK on the schedule, too. In addition to these, I have Sci-Fi booked since I missed that on my August trip (did 50's Prime Time instead) and also have a first for me, Kona Café because... Tonga Toast. I've been wanting to get this for years, so it's finally time! That's it for ADRs (for now anyway) because I'll be eating the majority of my meals at Epcot because F&G!!! :hyper: My last trip during F&G I arrived on the last day of the festival, so I need to make up for that now :thumbsup2 Also, in case I've failed to say this until now, my dates for my May trip are May 14-21 - lemme know if you'll be there during that time, too! I know I miss a bunch of you by just a few days :sad2:

Okay, on to a brief update that will complete my January trip. Our second day at Disney was spent at MK and it was a WHOLE lot colder than our first day at AK. I seriously had two pairs of leggings on under a pair of jeans and just about froze the whole day. In between these days, we all ventured out to do some shopping and all came away with Disney sweatshirts but what you don't see is that I had two long sleeve shirts on underneath the sweatshirt too :laughing: I remember a trip when I was a kid over Christmas where it was super chilly, but not like this :sad2: Anyway, on with the show!

We arrived without Sherry and Heather because - just like our AK day - they wanted to sleep in (and probably have a little downtime ;)).

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407650034606K.jpg

Clearly GiGi was more interested in the cereal in her bag than she was with getting this moment captured for posterity. :rolleyes: See my awesome Disney Vera bag? Dominic and GiGi got that for me for Christmas a couple years ago.

Dominic and my brother-in-law are equally obsessed with Buzz, so we headed immediately for that. I'm in the camp of "I have no idea what I'm doing but it's still cute and fun". But get this... I maxed out my score within the first 30 seconds. I have no idea how :confused3 And I'm positive it will never happen again :laughing: But boy did I enjoy that sweet, sweet victory while it lasted. I kinda gave up after that and just watched my niece and nephew have fun on the vehicles before and after mine (I think I rode with my dad this ride).

Looks like Ashley rode with Dominic on this go-round.

IMG_0562.jpg

After we got off Buzz, I saw the wait time for Space and immediately took Dominic, threw my niece at my Dad (okay, I'm positive it was more of a gentle handoff), and commanded my sisters and brother-in-law to get in line. It was crazy low wait time, especially considering the insanity of the crowds that week. Kelly gets to Disney rarely and Ashley hasn't been since our trip in 2009, so they deserved to go on Space :snooty:). My dad and I headed back to Buzz with the kiddos. Dominic was obsessed, omg. When we got off, GiGi decided she wanted to do the Speedway but I took Dominic on Buzz twice more. We also did PeopleMover and eventually met up with the rest of the gang.

This is where my memory gets foggy. I'm fairly certain we did WtP, iasw, and the Magic Carpets. Yep, most definitely Magic Carpets (which I don't think I've done in 20 years :laughing:).

IMG_0561.jpg

And I know we met up with Sherry and Heather and saw the Festival of Fantasy parade together and did a few more rides. My sisters, Joe, Dominic, and Heather really wanted to do Splash and I was happy to take GiGi so they could do that. My dad and Sherry passed on that frigid opportunity as well :laughing: Kelly, Dominic, and Joe are in the second row with Ashley and Heather in the first. They all had a blast and managed to not get completely drenched!

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8153271260.jpg

We ate dinner at CHH but I can't remember what anyone got. All I remember is the production that it becomes to get two little kids in and out of the bathroom in a family of germphobes :rotfl: My sister has this really neat potty chair that sits over any toilet and has this covering that comes down so little legs won't touch anything :laughing:I also remember that we swapped out groups during this time and ran across to HM with our FPs so someone could stay with GiGi since she had no interest.

We ended the night with Pirates, again swapping out groups. I remember waiting for the rest of the group who was in PotC and seeing a Photopass photographer without a line and jumped at the opportunity for a sister + GiGi photo :goodvibes

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407669778690K.jpg

Look, GiGi actually looked up for this one - a smile must have been too much to ask though :laughing: Also, I finally got my classic Minnie Mouse ears I'd been wanting forever and for whatever reason never got. I will surely be packing them for May ::yes::

And so ended another wonderful (albeit cold) Disney day with my family. :goodvibes

Up next: more May trip fun!

Hi! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Not really, but I'm okay if you are! :)

We were supposed to get completely pounded with snow yesterday (and every single other town, village, and nook and cranny did... to the tune of nearly 2 feet) but my "city" managed to get by with barely a dusting. How does that happen?!

Lake effect?

Anyway, it's March and that means spring is ahead and that means my May trip is inching its way closer :hyper::hyper::hyper:

::yes::

just got off the phone with Disney and have a Keys to the Kingdom tour booked!!!

Hey! That's great! I bet you're going to really like that. :)

So... I'll be sharing awesome moments with lots of people... just mostly strangers :rotfl:

:laughing:

also have a first for me, Kona Café because... Tonga Toast.

oooohhh.... lucky! I'd love to try it... but I never seem to do breakfast at Disney.
I should just make it already and see what the fuss is about. ;)

Our second day at Disney was spent at MK and it was a WHOLE lot colder than our first day at AK.

It got colder??????
shivering.gif

I seriously had two pairs of leggings on under a pair of jeans and just about froze the whole day.

Nice shot of you guys! :)

Clearly GiGi was more interested in the cereal in her bag than she was with getting this moment captured for posterity.

#priorities

I'm in the camp of "I have no idea what I'm doing but it's still cute and fun".

Ditto.

But get this... I maxed out my score within the first 30 seconds.

What?????? But... but... but.......

I have no idea how :confused3

:lmao:

After we got off Buzz,

I beg your pardon?????

threw my niece at my Dad (okay, I'm positive it was more of a gentle handoff),

:laughing: "Bruised and battered, she picked herself up and glared at her aunt."

Yep, most definitely Magic Carpets (which I don't think I've done in 20 years :laughing:).

I did it... about 13 years ago..... 7 times in a row.....

I think I'm good.

They all had a blast and managed to not get completely drenched!

Risky endeavor on day like that!

We ate dinner at CHH but I can't remember what anyone got.

I've never had anything there and I want to. Gotta make it a priority next trip. Wanna know when that is???? Me to!

Also, I finally got my classic Minnie Mouse ears I'd been wanting forever and for whatever reason never got.

Yay! :)

Anyway, it's March and that means spring is ahead and that means my May trip is inching its way closer :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yay!!! I'm envious! Flower and Garden season is my fave!! I'm really trying to work things out to be able to go down with Nathan at the end of May for a couple days. He has work...but I could uber over to Disney... :) But so far I haven't been able to make it happen.

I decided this morning and just got off the phone with Disney and have a Keys to the Kingdom tour booked!!! I am beyond excited. Excited actually doesn't even begin to describe it. :laughing: I had to do a little rearranging of my schedule and ended up wiping out my morning at AK in order to make room for this but I'm positive I won't regret it.

That's wonderful!! I'm sure you'll love it! And you'll have to tell us all about it because it's definitely on my list for someday.

In between these days, we all ventured out to do some shopping and all came away with Disney sweatshirts but what you don't see is that I had two long sleeve shirts on underneath the sweatshirt too :laughing:

Ugh. I know exactly what you mean. I always needed "more pants" on that trip. And many many layers under the top sweatshirt.

But get this... I maxed out my score within the first 30 seconds. I have no idea how :confused3 And I'm positive it will never happen again :laughing:

:rotfl:Awesome!!

photopass_visiting_mk_407669778690k-jpg.306375

Look, GiGi actually looked up for this one - a smile must have been too much to ask though :laughing:

:laughing: Pictures are hard sometimes!! This one is sweet though!

Yay to KTTKT, you will love it!

I am so excited for F&G, I want to try some new items!

You all look so cold, looks odd at Disney, lol!

It looks like you were able to do quite a few attractions with a large group.

2nd yay on the snow missing you. We are suppose to get snow on Monday, 6-8 inches yuck, hope it misses us.

We were supposed to get completely pounded with snow yesterday (and every single other town, village, and nook and cranny did... to the tune of nearly 2 feet) but my "city" managed to get by with barely a dusting. How does that happen?!

Our area is the same! (Well we got a little more than dusting yesterday but nowhere near the 2 feet that a lot of nearby places got). I know people I work with that live 20-30 mins away from our area, and get so much more snow. Josh says it's because we're in a valley.

Not really, but I'm okay if you are! :)
Awww, sorry pkondz... sending hugs your way, does that help!? :hug: ;)

Lake effect?
I was thinking more weather gods? :confused3 :laughing:

Hey! That's great! I bet you're going to really like that. :)
I think so too :thumbsup2

oooohhh.... lucky! I'd love to try it... but I never seem to do breakfast at Disney.
I should just make it already and see what the fuss is about. ;)
You should! And report back to me ::yes::

It got colder??????
shivering.gif
Uh huh... :sad2:

Yes! This was me!

Nice shot of you guys! :)

I beg your pardon?????
:rotfl2:

:laughing: "Bruised and battered, she picked herself up and glared at her aunt."
Yep, something like that :rolleyes1

I did it... about 13 years ago..... 7 times in a row.....
With your daughters the ages they are... yeah, that checks out :laughing:

Risky endeavor on day like that!
I wholeheartedly agree! Which is why I was smart and stayed tucked inside the crowded store near Splash :laughing:

Gotta make it a priority next trip. Wanna know when that is???? Me to!
Yes, I sure do! As I'm sure you do, as well. At least you have DL coming up! :thumbsup2

I'm really trying to work things out to be able to go down with Nathan at the end of May for a couple days. He has work...but I could uber over to Disney... :)
Yes, you sure can! Fingers crossed that works out :goodvibes

That's wonderful!! I'm sure you'll love it! And you'll have to tell us all about it because it's definitely on my list for someday.
Thanks! I'm so excited. I will most definitely let you all know about it!

Ugh. I know exactly what you mean. I always needed "more pants" on that trip. And many many layers under the top sweatshirt.
Yes! That's right :laughing:

:laughing: Pictures are hard sometimes!! This one is sweet though!
Thank you :goodvibes

Yay to KTTKT, you will love it!
It would be impossible not to, right?! :thumbsup2

I am so excited for F&G, I want to try some new items!
Me, too! I told @Raeven a while ago that I'm specifically not allowing myself to look at the menus because that's a rabbit hole I'm gonna save for when my trip is a bit closer :rotfl:

You all look so cold, looks odd at Disney, lol!
We really were! And yes, it looks very odd, right?!

We are suppose to get snow on Monday, 6-8 inches yuck, hope it misses us.
Fingers crossed it'll miss you!

Our area is the same! (Well we got a little more than dusting yesterday but nowhere near the 2 feet that a lot of nearby places got). I know people I work with that live 20-30 mins away from our area, and get so much more snow. Josh says it's because we're in a valley.
Isn't that crazy!? I'm in a valley too, so maybe Josh is onto something ::yes::

Darn it - I just miss you. My trip is May 6 - 11 ( then universal 12-14)
Darn it!!! Sounds like you'll be there when a bunch of other Disers are at least. Bummed we won't overlap though :(

Awww, sorry pkondz... sending hugs your way, does that help!? :hug: ;)

Yes it does. :)

I was thinking more weather gods? :confused3 :laughing:

Sure, sure.... that's probably more likely.

You should! And report back to me ::yes::

:laughing: Okay!

With your daughters the ages they are... yeah, that checks out :laughing:

;)

I wholeheartedly agree! Which is why I was smart and stayed tucked inside the crowded store near Splash :laughing:

You is smart... and not an icicle after that.

Yes, I sure do! As I'm sure you do, as well. At least you have DL coming up! :thumbsup2

One quick day. :) That's it!

Hi! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. We were supposed to get completely pounded with snow yesterday (and every single other town, village, and nook and cranny did... to the tune of nearly 2 feet) but my "city" managed to get by with barely a dusting. How does that happen?! Family members and colleagues just 15 minutes down the road had nearly 2 feet and I didn't even have to brush my car
That makes absolutely no sense, but glad you escaped the snow. We just had the crazy winds from the storm, but thankfully no snow or rain. We were lucky to not lose power, but we were among the few. My Dad's not had power for 48+ hours so he's hanging with us.

But get this... I maxed out my score within the first 30 seconds. I have no idea how :confused3 And I'm positive it will never happen again :laughing:
How do you do this and not know how? I've never beat Jason and could use any help I can get!

This is where my memory gets foggy. I'm fairly certain we did WtP, iasw, and the Magic Carpets. Yep, most definitely Magic Carpets (which I don't think I've done in 20 years :laughing:).

img_0561-jpg.306371
Don't wanna miss the carpets. I'm sure it was worth the 20 years of anticipation :-)

We ate dinner at CHH but I can't remember what anyone got. All I remember is the production that it becomes to get two little kids in and out of the bathroom in a family of germphobes :rotfl: My sister has this really neat potty chair that sits over any toilet and has this covering that comes down so little legs won't touch anything
Wow, that is some serious germaphobia and counter measures. I was just happy if we could get to the bathroom in time :P

photopass_visiting_mk_407669778690k-jpg.306375

Look, GiGi actually looked up for this one - a smile must have been too much to ask though :laughing: Also, I finally got my classic Minnie Mouse ears I'd been wanting forever and for whatever reason never got. I will surely be packing them for May ::yes::
Great picture!!!! You girls look so much alike!

I decided this morning and just got off the phone with Disney and have a Keys to the Kingdom tour booked!!!
YEAH!!!! :dogdance:

I'm in the camp of "I have no idea what I'm doing but it's still cute and fun".
This is me too!

I maxed out my score within the first 30 seconds.
Amazing! Wish you knew what you hit!

It was crazy low wait time, especially considering the insanity of the crowds that week. Kelly gets to Disney rarely and Ashley hasn't been since our trip in 2009, so they deserved to go on Space :snooty:). My dad and I headed back to Buzz with the kiddos. Dominic was obsessed, omg.
Such a nice Disney Expert Sister! Truly.

Love the Photo!

Look, GiGi actually looked up for this one - a smile must have been too much to ask thoug
Children are great like that.

Yes it does. :)
:thumbsup2 Good! I got lots more where that came from! :hug:

That makes absolutely no sense, but glad you escaped the snow. We just had the crazy winds from the storm, but thankfully no snow or rain. We were lucky to not lose power, but we were among the few. My Dad's not had power for 48+ hours so he's hanging with us.
Right?! I was happy, too. Glad you managed to escape the power loss, but sorry your dad has been without it - that stinks! At least he can wait it out with you guys :goodvibes

How do you do this and not know how? I've never beat Jason and could use any help I can get!
I wish I knew! I'd tell you all my secrets! :laughing:

Don't wanna miss the carpets. I'm sure it was worth the 20 years of anticipation :-)
Oh, absolutely. So much so that I think I'll let another 20 years build up before another go-round :rotfl:

Wow, that is some serious germaphobia and counter measures. I was just happy if we could get to the bathroom in time :P
:rotfl2:

Great picture!!!! You girls look so much alike!
Aww, thanks :goodvibes

Thanks! I'm excited!

This is me too!
:rotfl: We're in good company!

Amazing! Wish you knew what you hit!
I wish I did, too!

Such a nice Disney Expert Sister! Truly.
Awww :goodvibes

Love the Photo!
Thanks!

Children are great like that.
They sure are :rolleyes:

Glad you escaped the brunt of the storm this weekend. Here in PA we had about 4 inches of snow and lost power for about 12 hours Friday night into Saturday morning. Trees down everywhere and many still have none.

I always find it odd to see Disney pictures with people wearing jackets, sweatshirts, long pants, etc. I guess its because it seems its always 90 something when I go, or at least feels like it. Your pictures are great though...I'm sure its kind of an illusion, but on your Main St. castle pictures it almost seems like you're leaning back, rather than just upright. Maybe its just the way I'm looking at it.

Not that I'm counting, but 11 days til Disney for me!

Yikes on the weekend storm! Here in the northeast, we had a coastal doozie. I am far enough away that our place was fine, but we are just a few miles from the ocean and roads washed out during high tide and oceanfront buildings and places on the marshes had flooding like I have never seen before.

Congrats on booking the Keys tour. Definitely on my bucket list.

The only Disney tours I have done are Behind the Seeds and Caring for Giants elephant tour at AK. Both were fantastic, especially in terms of financial and time commitments. I just posted my links to the BtS tour I took in 2016 on someone else's report, so they were still in my copy/paste queue:

Behind the Seeds, Part 1

Behind the Seeds, Part 2

:daisy:

Last edited:
Your MK days sounds great, even if it was unbearable cold.

Congrats on your awesome Buzz score!

That's cool that there was such a short wait for space.

Sounds like your group was able to hit a lot of rides.

LOL at the restroom trips for germophobes.

:lmao:

Your May plans sound great!

Ahh that stinks that it was SO cold on your MK day! But it sounds like you had a lot of fun and got to do a lot of classic rides with your family! Yay for getting those classic Minnie ears finally! :)

It sure was COLD!!!! I was dressed in much the same layers as you were and still freezing!! I also came home with a brand new Mickey sweatshirt and two days later bought the matching sweatpants LOLk

Love those classic Minnie ears! I got mine on this trip too :)

Glad you escaped the brunt of the storm this weekend. Here in PA we had about 4 inches of snow and lost power for about 12 hours Friday night into Saturday morning. Trees down everywhere and many still have none.
Ugh, not the power! I'd take the snow to that any day :sad2:

I always find it odd to see Disney pictures with people wearing jackets, sweatshirts, long pants, etc.
I know! It just isn't right :laughing:

I'm sure its kind of an illusion, but on your Main St. castle pictures it almost seems like you're leaning back, rather than just upright. Maybe its just the way I'm looking at it.
I actually had the same thought before you even mentioned it - wise minds think alike, my friend ;)

Not that I'm counting, but 11 days til Disney for me!
Woohoo!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper: Have a blast!!! Ever consider doing a TR? ;)

Yikes on the weekend storm! Here in the northeast, we had a coastal doozie. I am far enough away that our place was fine, but we are just a few miles from the ocean and roads washed out during high tide and oceanfront buildings and places on the marshes had flooding like I have never seen before.
Glad your place was fine, but yikes - sounds like a doozie indeed! Flooding is terrible, especially this time of year when it's so cold :guilty:

Congrats on booking the Keys tour. Definitely on my bucket list.
Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes... as much as I'm permitted at least :laughing: ;)

The only Disney tours I have done are Behind the Seeds and Caring for Giants elephant tour at AK. Both were fantastic, especially in terms of financial and time commitments. I just posted my links to the BtS tour I took in 2016 on someone else's report, so they were still in my copy/paste queue:
Thank you! I'll check these out - awesome!!! :thumbsup2 What a nice coincidence, by the way ::yes::

Congrats on your awesome Buzz score!
Thanks! I couldn't believe it!

LOL at the restroom trips for germophobes.
Yeah... it's not fun :rotfl:

Your May plans sound great!
Thank you! :goodvibes

Ahh that stinks that it was SO cold on your MK day! But it sounds like you had a lot of fun and got to do a lot of classic rides with your family! Yay for getting those classic Minnie ears finally! :)
We made the most of it :thumbsup2 Thanks - I'd been meaning to get those things for YEARS :laughing:

It sure was COLD!!!! I was dressed in much the same layers as you were and still freezing!! I also came home with a brand new Mickey sweatshirt and two days later bought the matching sweatpants LOLk
Yes, and you know first hand! :sad2: At least we all came away with more Disney gear, right?! :laughing:

Love those classic Minnie ears! I got mine on this trip too :)
Yay!!! :thumbsup2

Yay for getting KTTK booked!
I'm so excited!!! :goodvibes

Ultimately, it seemed like there was just no way I could go wrong though :thumbsup2 I decided this morning and just got off the phone with Disney and have a Keys to the Kingdom tour booked!!!

Excellent, you won't regret it!

We've gotten a total of almost 3 ft. of snow in the last week and right now they're saying more this week.............seriously looking forward to Disney in TWO WEEKS :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter