Let's 'Bounceback' to WDW! September 2-9, 2017 POR Pre-Trip Report

Yay for getting all your ADRS! I did mine this morning. Boy, was that a panic! We are going everywhere you are except for the Hoop de Doo and CRT. I'm also waiting on getting a ROL package for Tusker House breakfast, but I figured I'd just go ahead and book it and change it later if needed.

Yay for getting all your ADRS! I did mine this morning. Boy, was that a panic! We are going everywhere you are except for the Hoop de Doo and CRT. I'm also waiting on getting a ROL package for Tusker House breakfast, but I figured I'd just go ahead and book it and change it later if needed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that panics on ADR day!! :rainbow: it is so nerve wracking!!

That's a good idea to book your Tusker House ADR now. I just wish they would open up the ROL packages!!! Ugh

Hello! I read your most recent trip report and just found your Pre-Trip Report. I am following along! We are headed back to Disney in September as well, but later in the month. We are tacking the trip along to the Jewish holiday that the girls get off! I can't wait!

So, while sitting on the Magical Express, in front of the Caribbean Beach Resort entrance, I frantically dialed Disney Reservations and booked our 2017 Disney World Vacation with Free Disney Dining! Woooo Hooooo!
So, how does it work? I have never done a bounce back. I think we need to do this next time!

Kevin and I have continued our Disney ADR conversation, and we are in agreement that we are going to try our very best to ONLY eat at new restaurants that we haven't eaten at before.
I love this idea! Makes it a new experience!

I think that there is might be a lot of Rock Paper Scissors happening in my living room very shortly. Stay tuned......
Ha!

il_570xN.1118272426_ezv5.jpg

For my Husband, Son, and Dad - Hollywood Studios

il_570xN.1000857150_s7j8.jpg
DH and my DD's are big Star Wars fans. I like these. I think DH would wear it.

I love this one!

I want to do a snack theme shirt day! I want to have each of us have a different snack. I need to start trolling Etsy!

So many new things happening at WDW, that I am just so excited!!
This is what I love about Disney, you can come so many times and still have restaurants you haven't eaten at and things you haven't done!

I will say that I was very successful in accomplishing my goal and was able to get every ADR that I wanted. Well, some of the exact times weren't available, but they are VERY CLOSE to what I was aiming for.
Me Too!

9/2: Cinderella's Royal Table 5:50pm

9/3: Sanaa 5:45pm

9/4: Ohana 5:45pm

9/5: Be Our Guest 11:45am (lunch)
9/5: Teppan Edo 6:10pm

9/6: Hoop Dee Doo Revue 6:15pm Section 1

9/7: Eating Around Epcot - Food and Wine Fest

9/8: Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen 6:25pm
We have eaten at Skipper Canteen. We loved it! So good! Hoop Dee Doo Revue is fantastic, as well. We did that a couple years back and we all loved it. My DH didn't know what to expect and it turned out to be one of his favorite things we did that trip. I booked Sanaa for us for the first time along with Ohana for this trip. So, good choices!

We have 1 more reservation that I am HOPING that they will release soon, and that is the Rivers Of Light Dining Package at Tusker House for Breakfast. Does anyone know when they will release this??? HELP!!!
If you haven't you should be able to book a ROL package for Tusker House. I booked ours for later in the month! I can't wait to try Tusker House!

As each of the 6 sets of shirts arrive in the mail, I will take a picture of each one and post them right here on this Pre Trip Report.
I can't wait see what you ordered!

How is everyone else doing in your Disney planning? Do you and your family wear matching shirts?
I like to do coordinating shirts. I don't like to be all match match too much. But that becomes challenging sometimes...

Hello! I read your most recent trip report and just found your Pre-Trip Report. I am following along! We are headed back to Disney in September as well, but later in the month. We are tacking the trip along to the Jewish holiday that the girls get off! I can't wait!

Hi!! I'm glad that you found me! We are super excited and I need to get planning again actually! Our FP+ day is July 4th this year, so I need to start figuring out what I'm going to need as far as those go.

So, how does it work? I have never done a bounce back. I think we need to do this next time!

When you are staying in WDW Resort, you will have a packet of papers in your room usually on your desk that shows the park hours and other important information for your trip. Inside of these papers is going to be a 'Bounce Back' offer that is usually for Free Dining or a Room Only Discount Code for a future trip. The paper will specify what the Bounce Back offer is, and we jumped on the Free Dining one because as you know, Free Dining is never guaranteed for a specific time each year. The Bounce Back is a great way to know for sure that you will get a good deal!

I love this idea! Makes it a new experience!

I think that its going to be a great decision. I am really looking forward to trying all of the new restaurants!

I want to do a snack theme shirt day! I want to have each of us have a different snack. I need to start trolling Etsy!

Giiiiiirl... Etsy is FULL of the most amazing shirts! It is so hard to choose! There are amazing snack options on there!

Yay! That is so awesome! :flower1:

We have eaten at Skipper Canteen. We loved it! So good! Hoop Dee Doo Revue is fantastic, as well. We did that a couple years back and we all loved it. My DH didn't know what to expect and it turned out to be one of his favorite things we did that trip. I booked Sanaa for us for the first time along with Ohana for this trip. So, good choices!

Omgosh thank you for easing my mind! Skipper Canteen gets both good and bad reviews online. So its great to hear that you loved it! :thanks:

If you haven't you should be able to book a ROL package for Tusker House. I booked ours for later in the month! I can't wait to try Tusker House!

Soooooo... I did it! I booked another ADR... for a ROL Tusker House Breakfast! :worship: Are you doing breakfast or dinner? We have done both at Tusker House, and both times we had excellent experiences! The breakfast especially will blow your socks off!! DELICIOUS! :rainbow:

I can't wait see what you ordered!

Omgosh, I am so excited. They have all come in, BUT I'm not going to post them until my post trip report! I actually went overboard and we ordered 8 shirts for 7 park days :crazy::sad2:

Hi Y'all! Its been a long while since I updated. I don't have too many Disney related updates.

When all of the recent information started being released about Pandora, I started to panic:
~ What will I use my FP+ for to make sure that I see everything new AND get to ride Expedition Everest at least 2x?
~ Will the 2 new rides in Pandora be tiered? Or can I use FP+ for both of them?
~ Should I use a FP+ for Rivers of Light? Or should I not use a FP for that?

After talking it over with Kevin, we decided to go ahead and book a Rivers of Light Dining Package ADR for the Tusker House Breakfast. The way that we look at it, if we use a FP+ for RoL, we will only be able to use 3 FP total for the day since the show is late at night. We felt like it would suit us better to use our FP+ the way that we normally do so that we can obtain our 4th and 5th FP throughout the day, and not have to use our 3rd for RoL.

We have eaten the Tusker House Breakfast before, and we REALLY liked it. The food is fresh and delicious and the characters were really amazing in our experience. The Gluten Free options were terrific, and the chef was very helpful to ensure that all of my food was safe to eat.

Our current plan is:
Tusker House Breakfast: 9:15am
Satu'li Canteen: Quick Service Lunch
Sanaa Dinner: 5:45pm

We are going to be soooooo full. :rotfl:

Only 135 days :flower1:

Hi Y'all! Its been a long while since I updated. I don't have too many Disney related updates.

When all of the recent information started being released about Pandora, I started to panic:
~ What will I use my FP+ for to make sure that I see everything new AND get to ride Expedition Everest at least 2x?
~ Will the 2 new rides in Pandora be tiered? Or can I use FP+ for both of them?
~ Should I use a FP+ for Rivers of Light? Or should I not use a FP for that?

After talking it over with Kevin, we decided to go ahead and book a Rivers of Light Dining Package ADR for the Tusker House Breakfast. The way that we look at it, if we use a FP+ for RoL, we will only be able to use 3 FP total for the day since the show is late at night. We felt like it would suit us better to use our FP+ the way that we normally do so that we can obtain our 4th and 5th FP throughout the day, and not have to use our 3rd for RoL.

We have eaten the Tusker House Breakfast before, and we REALLY liked it. The food is fresh and delicious and the characters were really amazing in our experience. The Gluten Free options were terrific, and the chef was very helpful to ensure that all of my food was safe to eat.

Our current plan is:
Tusker House Breakfast: 9:15am
Satu'li Canteen: Quick Service Lunch
Sanaa Dinner: 5:45pm

We are going to be soooooo full. :rotfl:

Only 135 days :flower1:
I've heard that you can only choose one ride per day for Fastpass.

We love Tusker House. It's one of our favorite places to eat. Especially for breakfast.

We are trying Sanaa for the first time this trip. I'm kind of iffy about that one. I've heard good things about it. Still keeping it, but I'm a bit nervous.

I've heard that you can only choose one ride per day for Fastpass.

Are you referencing Pandora? If so, I've heard that too. I'm not sure how to even select for that one. I'm glad Pandora is opening up prior to our ADR date so that I can get some good pointers from others!

We love Tusker House. It's one of our favorite places to eat. Especially for breakfast.

I agree with you so so so much on this one! We love the breakfast there. Theres just something so perfect about Mickey Waffles!

We are trying Sanaa for the first time this trip. I'm kind of iffy about that one. I've heard good things about it. Still keeping it, but I'm a bit nervous.

I'm a little nervous about our Sanaa ADR too... hopefully we will both have really good experiences! We will have to compare notes afterwards :flower1:

Yeah. I'm glad they can work out most of the kinks before we go. Lol.

My son is super picky about food, but he loves the Mickey waffles.

Yeah. Keeping my fingers crossed on our dinners there. We definitely need to compare notes after. Lol.

I heard the same thing about the Pandora rides being tiered. I think we'll have more than one day there, so we can hopefully FP both, but it'll be interesting to hear from people who go in May about which ride makes a better FP option. If I had to guess, I'd think the banshee flight one will be a better choice for FP. Hard to say.

I LOVE Tusker House breakfast! Especially being GF like you. We weren't going to do it, but then we added a day to our trip and it worked well to put it in the schedule. I also wanna try the Satu'li Canteen...hoping they have some good allergy options! And we also have a Sanaa dinner booked for the first time for this trip.

I heard the same thing about the Pandora rides being tiered. I think we'll have more than one day there, so we can hopefully FP both, but it'll be interesting to hear from people who go in May about which ride makes a better FP option. If I had to guess, I'd think the banshee flight one will be a better choice for FP. Hard to say.

I LOVE Tusker House breakfast! Especially being GF like you. We weren't going to do it, but then we added a day to our trip and it worked well to put it in the schedule. I also wanna try the Satu'li Canteen...hoping they have some good allergy options! And we also have a Sanaa dinner booked for the first time for this trip.

Yes I am thinking the SAME as you that the banshee ride will be the better choice since it appears to be a thrill ride!

I am so glad we have some time to hear and see how all the Pandora stuff works out. We have some time before we have to make our fastpasses!

Our FP+ day is July 4th this year, so I need to start figuring out what I'm going to need as far as those go.
I have to make ours on July 21st, my birthday!

When you are staying in WDW Resort, you will have a packet of papers in your room usually on your desk that shows the park hours and other important information for your trip. Inside of these papers is going to be a 'Bounce Back' offer that is usually for Free Dining or a Room Only Discount Code for a future trip. The paper will specify what the Bounce Back offer is, and we jumped on the Free Dining one because as you know, Free Dining is never guaranteed for a specific time each year. The Bounce Back is a great way to know for sure that you will get a good deal!
Thanks for the info!!! I can't believe I never noticed it before. We want to go in Feb. again as well. I don't know if I can wait till then to make that set of reservations but it sounds like it will be worth it!

Giiiiiirl... Etsy is FULL of the most amazing shirts! It is so hard to choose! There are amazing snack options on there!
I have to get moving!

Omgosh thank you for easing my mind! Skipper Canteen gets both good and bad reviews online. So its great to hear that you loved it! :thanks:
I am not completely sure what the options will be for you for Gluten Free but if I remember some of your food choices, you guys will like it. We went awhile back, and they slightly changed the steak but it was REALLY well prepared a good. Probably one of the best steaks I have had on property. I think the folks that don't like it are less adventurous eaters. Which there is nothing wrong with that, it's just a bit limited in choices if that is the case.
Soooooo... I did it! I booked another ADR... for a ROL Tusker House Breakfast! :worship: Are you doing breakfast or dinner? We have done both at Tusker House, and both times we had excellent experiences! The breakfast especially will blow your socks off!! DELICIOUS! :rainbow:
We haven't been at all. We are doing lunch this time. We have done BOMA twice and just love all of the food. But I do want to try breakfast some time! Just not enough time on the trips!

Following along...
LOVE the Peter Pan tees. They are adorable!
So happy you were able to snag all your ADR's. I love when that happens!

Following along...

Happy Saturday! Thanks for following along with me! Its only 133 days to go!

LOVE the Peter Pan tees. They are adorable!

Thank you so much! We have gotten some more shirts in, and I have big plans to post them on here hopefully tomorrow! So, stay tuned!

So happy you were able to snag all your ADR's. I love when that happens!

Me too! I was so super scared about getting Cinderella's Royal Table. I've heard horror stories about people trying for months with no success to get an ADR for that one. Somehow I got lucky!

I loved reading your previous trip report and think it's super cool to read your pre trip report! My sister and I will be staying at POR too, but we arrive the same day you leave! I'll wave to any DME busses I see pass!

I'm definitely looking forward to the dining. I've made so many ADRs I'm going crazy! I'll probably start up a PTR of my own soon (maybe while I'm waiting for the free dining promo to drop tonight)! I need some more feedback on my trip and my sister is basically just hands off on the planning, and I think I'm driving the rest of my family crazy!

I'm also totally getting that snack goals shirt! Probably won't do matching shirts with my sister, but I'm now scouring etsy to find awesome shirts!

I loved reading your previous trip report and think it's super cool to read your pre trip report! My sister and I will be staying at POR too, but we arrive the same day you leave! I'll wave to any DME busses I see pass!

Oh maaaan... I'll wave to you arriving as we leave! :wave: I just saw in your signature that this iw your first visit to WDW? Wow!! You're going to have a great time! :banana:

I'm also totally getting that snack goals shirt! Probably won't do matching shirts with my sister, but I'm now scouring etsy to find awesome shirts!

The #Snackgoals shirt is so cute! :love: We ended up not getting that one, but if I had 1 more day there we totally would! :rainbow:

I hope that you get the Free Dining discount! I guess that everyone has been hopeful for that, and I'm crossing my fingers for you all! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter