Let's Do a little Disney After Hours Party Math!

DallasQ

Earning My Ears
I was looking at the up coming 2018/2019 After Hours Paries at Magic Kingdom, and I noticed that when you look at the hours of the party, the time MK closes and when Happily Ever After is scheduled there are some of the parties where you are definitely going to get more bang for your buck. This is assuming you arrive at 7 as soon as your able to be allowed in to the party.

The parties on Nov 26, Dec 3 & 10 I am calling catagory 1. MK closes at 10, the party is 10-1am, and HEA is scheduled at 9. On those nights you have 3 hours before the party even starts to enjoy MK, and with HEA at 9 most of the day guest should be cleared out by 10 when the party officially starts. Pretty sweet!

Catagory 2 on Feb 14 and March 7 MK closes at 9 the party is from 9-12, and HEA is scheduled for 8. So not as much time before the party starts, but with the hour gap between HEA and MK closing to allow day gusts to leave the party will still be pretty enjoyable.

Catagory 3 on Jan 7, 17, 24, 28, Feb 7 & 28 MK closes at 8, the party is from 8-11, and HEA is scheduled for 8. So only 1 hour from when you can get in to when the party starts. With HEA, park closing, and the party all at 8 o'clock the first hour or so of the party is potentially going to be pretty crowded until the day guests leave. So you won't get the full 3 hour benefit of a 3 hour party that you have paid good money for... in my humble opinion.

I have done this party twice in 2017 and 2018 both in early Feb and it was fantastic. MK felt very empty and I think it was
worth the ticket price. My stratagy was to get to the party right before 7 and get off Main street as soon as possible due to everyone getting there place for Wishes or HEA. Ride whatever rides were a reasonable wait and then once the party started I was able to ride most everything multiple times with little or no wait. The available popcorn, ice cream and drinks were great! I won't say they were free like advertised as this is a hard ticket event so really you pay for those snacks as part of the price of your ticket.

Anyone else planning to attend one of the upcoming After Hours Parties? What are your thoughts?

We will be there on 1/28 (8 - 11p). Has Disney ever pushed back their park close times therefore pushing back DAH hours? I’m going to guess no. I see your logic and agree with it.

We will be there on 1/28 (8 - 11p). Has Disney ever pushed back their park close times therefore pushing back DAH hours? I’m going to guess no. I see your logic and agree with it.
Good Question? I don't think so, but as the fine print says the hours are always subject to change.

Disney has, to date, not changed event hours (and the regular park closing time) once event details have been published and tickets have gone on sale. I would rate it as a low probability.

I agree with the OP about the different levels of the party. We are going to the Dec 3rd party and I was very happy to see exactly what you were talking about. HEA at 9 party start at 10. I feel sorry for people with the 8pm start when HEA is at 8. I saw a video from TP's on YouTube that showed a DAH with an 8pm start and the park was pretty crowded for a while. I think it definitely makes a difference.

I have an 8pm start time with HEA at 8. I hadn't even thought about how that might affect crowds during the event. I'm a little bummed about it, but them's the breaks!

I have an 8pm start time with HEA at 8. I hadn't even thought about how that might affect crowds during the event. I'm a little bummed about it, but them's the breaks!
It is my understanding (I've been to one DAH, in March) that if you're a party guest, that once the party begins, you are allowed entry via the fast pass entrance, while those folks who "hopped in line" just at or before park close must use the regular lines. So you still should have minimal wait times.
The ONLY waits we experienced last year were 7DMT, for 10 minutes. Everything else was either a walk on or less than 5 minutes. Which is the exact reason we're doing it again in February.

It is my understanding (I've been to one DAH, in March) that if you're a party guest, that once the party begins, you are allowed entry via the fast pass entrance, while those folks who "hopped in line" just at or before park close must use the regular lines. So you still should have minimal wait times.
The ONLY waits we experienced last year were 7DMT, for 10 minutes. Everything else was either a walk on or less than 5 minutes. Which is the exact reason we're doing it again in February.
We just bought tickets for the 2/28 party. Fingers crossed they let people with DAH tickets go through the FP+ line!

I would just note that this practice is inconsistent based on reports. You heard about it some this past winter, but it’s not something that always happens. Sometimes you have CMs that’ll just roll with it if you ask, but some may not.

As a DAH strategy, many (including me) recommend hitting low priority / low/no wait time rides first in DAH, and then circle back later for any ride which would have been more likely to attract end of park day regular guests. Rides like 7DMT, for example.

I wish they offered the event when we are there Feb 16-23rd but that tends to be a busy week because of some schools being off for winter break after Presidents Day.

If I have a non-hopper ticker for 1/7 and then purchase the Disney After Hours ticket for that date, can I use my regular ticket for EPCOT during the day and then use the DAH ticket at night? Or is the DAH ticket work in conjunction with your regular park ticket?

If I have a non-hopper ticker for 1/7 and then purchase the Disney After Hours ticket for that date, can I use my regular ticket for EPCOT during the day and then use the DAH ticket at night? Or is the DAH ticket work in conjunction with your regular park ticket?

They are used separately. You use the regular ticket at Epcot & then the DAH ticket to enter MK that night. You won’t be able to get into MK until 6.

There is a thread with all the info:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...er-hours-dah-thread-news-11-26-added.3634161/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter