Let's Face it, Disney has turned Value Rooms at AKL into almost a scam.

I'm not complaining here. I just am recognizing the facts. I sometimes rent out points and people are ALWAYS asking for a Value Studio at Jambo House. Or friends.

But Value rooms are almost never available. As far as I am concerned, Disney has turned it into something of a scam, in order to sell DVC by saying things like "And if you get tired of your own Resort, you could ALWAYS get a value room at Animal Kingdom. Only 8 points for some nights!!!" Of course Disney KNOWS that there are only about a dozen value rooms and thousands and thousands of owners who would love to use them, if they could.

So what is the Reality on Value Studio availability? Between now and the end of the year, there are only 4 single days (separate) where a value studio is available. 2 separate days in April. Then there is ONE DAY in July, ONE DAY in August and that is it!!!! In other words, here it is January 11th and all the Value Studios are booked out for the entire rest of the year, except for FOUR SINGLE DAYS. Amazing.
I get value rooms for most trips ... but AKL is my home resort, I book 11+ months out, don’t usually stay during the busiest times and will walk the resevation if I think I have to - because if I don’t, others will.
So, yes - they are limited and hard to get - but I was never told that it would even be an option when I purchased - I agree that it would be wrong to use it as a sales tactic. If they did that with you, I would definitely make a complaint so they won’t continue doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter