Let's get those lovebug reports please!!!

I would not call it a swarm at all, you walk around and see some flying about but not dozens all together, let alone hundreds.

I knew on the Dis I’d get called out for using the word swarm. Lol. There were not hundreds around any one person so maybe I exaggerated. But there were definitely dozens around at any given moment and most certainly hundreds in the Slinky Dog area! I felt swarmed and so did the other guests constantly having to brush them off.

I knew on the Dis I’d get called out for using the word swarm. Lol. There were not hundreds around any one person so maybe I exaggerated. But there were definitely dozens around at any given moment and most certainly hundreds in the Slinky Dog area! I felt swarmed and so did the other guests constantly having to brush them off.
they are so annoying I understand the use of the word. But it's not like that all the time, it might've been they trying to escape the heat. I just walked my dog right now and saw plenty flying around, I guess as a local I'm used to them by now

Thanks all! I'm sure we'll be fine. If a few want to hang out on the balcony with me and a glass of wine, no problem, I'm friendly. :)

How much longer would you expect them to be noticeable? We fly down on Saturday the 11th.

Thanks all! I'm sure we'll be fine. If a few want to hang out on the balcony with me and a glass of wine, no problem, I'm friendly. :)

They might land in your wine, so keep it covered. They seem pretty clumsy.

We just got back last night. They were pretty annoying starting on May 2. They will fly right into your face, your hair, your open bag, your food, etc. It was what I would consider super annoying. I don't like bugs. We were constantly dodging them as as we walked and more than a few times had to pick them out of each others hair.

They seem to go away at night and after a big rain storm.

They were everywhere and super annoying last week. Sorry I don't have any pics, was too busy to care for pics of bugs.

How much longer would you expect them to be noticeable? We fly down on Saturday the 11th.

They last from four to six weeks. I would say they have been out about three weeks at this point. You will probably see some, but they should start to diminish some each day going forward.

I was there one September during a really bad outbreak, and it was like being in a black blizzard. They aren’t nearly that bad right now. I have only had to wash two “pair” of bugs off the car, and that is very low.

I will be at Disney not long after you and I am hoping they finish soon as well, even if they don’t bite.

They are the clumsiest annoying bugs... but Hey.. they ve got other things on their minds as they crash into you, they re LOVE bugs after all, lol.
They re alive n well in sw fla too.
Enjoy ur visit... I’d not give it a second thought.

Yeah, that looks heavier than what I'm experiencing here in Orlando right now, but I would still say that's a medium, or average, lovebug batch. I have seen much, much worse. Driving on the interstate is particularly bad too, as they really splat when they hit and they smear when you try to run the windshield wipers. There was one year where most of the gas stations along the turnpike and I-95 didn't put any liquid in the windshield washing bins because people were using them to get the bugs off their windshields and the bugs were clogging up the bins. People couldn't see to drive and were having to pull off the road. I wouldn't want to be taking a road trip in Florida right now.

My sister and I were in WDW two weeks ago, from 5/5 to 5/10, and they were pretty bad at the Pop Century hotel bus stop and VERY bad at Toy Story Land in HS. We actually had to leave the area because we were constantly being dive bombed, getting on our clothes and shoes, in our hair, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter