lets not forget the education!!

pipch

Earning My Ears
I just wanted to share with you my recent conversation with My son's teacher at our parent/ teacher conference on my sons performance.

Cameron is 5 and we travelled to Costa Rica in July of this year - see previous blog and had an amazing time.

After 20 minutes of discussion on his academic abilities his teacher said - and to close I don't know what you paid for your recent trip this summer but whatever it was - it was worth it!! your son has learnt and retained more about this trip than I would have thought possible. His knowledge and understanding of animals, habitats, volcanos etc is outstanding.

I know you think I am boasting or am just being sentimental but with everything going on in the world currently and the economic situation as it is - my husband and I walked away and knew that whatever, we would continue with our plans for summer 2009 - quest for the west.

If we give them nothing else we should give them life experiences and adventure and a thirst for knowledge.

So for those of you that are "doubters" and query the price tag, - that for me is the ABD difference!- the experience and the people you share it with.

I completely agree with you. As a parent who has taken my kids out of school for many a Disney vacation, I have always discussed with teachers that although it is a fun vacation, there are many "life lessons" that can be learned outside of the classroom. I love that Disney can provide so many great educational experiences for our family, while making it fun. You son is lucky to have parents that recognize this! P.S. - We are taking our 15 yr. old son on the ABD Southwest Splendours in July - I know he will love it and get so much out of it - can't wait! Have fun on Quest for the West!

Thanks for sharing this perspective. Spending money on an expensive vacation can seem like simply an extravagant expenditure, but you do have to step back and look at the life experience you are sharing with your family. The exploration of different cultures, history lessons, appreciation of nature and art, and the family bonding, are all such an integral part of these trips. This helps me to justify the cost of our planned Italy Adventure.

Ditto. My 9 year old just finished writing an autobiography that was assigned at school. The section on our Viva Italia trip this past summer brought tears to my eyes - she had retained a good deal of information, and it was clearly a life experience she will not soon forget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter