Let's Rediscover the Magic! - New TR 7/26

A belated Happy Father's Day to you, and a big Happy 3rd Birthday to LG! So glad to hear that he's healthy and doing well, despite some challenges. I can only imagine how stressful and frustrating it has been farming this season with the weather you've had! Poor weather can impact my husband's work on a small scale, and we find that stressful and scary enough, so I can only imagine what it's like as a farmer! I'm sure you also feel concerned about feeling like you haven't done enough planning for you trip, but I'm sure you'll have it totally under control. And sometimes even at WDW a little room for spontaneity can even be a good thing. Your trip is getting so close now! I'm excited for you all and I hope you have a wonderful time, and that LG manages okay with his behaviour and has fun!

Happy birthday to LG. I’m sorry thins have been so stressful lately, I hope this vacation is just what you need. Let’s hope these next 2 1/2 weeks fly by and you have a magic filled vacation. pixiedust:

Happy Birthday to your LG! I hope the next few weeks fly by, and are productive at work so you can really enjoy your amazing vacation!

Maybe... I think DW actually wanted grey. Oops.
whoops!
Wow. We're under 3 weeks away and I feel woefully unprepared.
Nah. You're already ahead of most of the people that go there. Don't worry about it too much. :)
you might remember that I work in an office and also farm.
::yes::
Anyway, I guess that has contributed to my general stress level and why I've stressed about my lack of planning... and it has honestly contributed to my lack of planning.
I can see how that'd be stressful! Amazing the amount of difference a year makes.
it just caused me to reflect on the start he got a little bit more. As much as I worry about him being a challenge at Disney World, it will be nothing like the challenge he was when he came into this world!
And we all followed right along on those first months. Happy Birthday to LG!

It had definitely been a rough spring and early summer for the farmers! We live in central Iowa and it's been rough here, too. All the rain has been great for our plants and garden, but we feel really bad for the farmers when we see all the water in the fields. I'm glad things are looking up and your trip timing will work out well!
Oh yeah, it's been difficult all across the Midwest. I'm getting sick of mowing our yard in the rain. Because it just keeps growing and on the days that it is dry, mowing isn't the priority. :lmao:
What a great picture of your son! Happy birthday to LG! :bday:

It sounds like he's doing great! I think all little kids, even those without all the extra hurdles your son had, don't put on as much weight in some of their early years. My brother-in-law had no health issues as a baby and only gained four pounds in between ages one and two - and he is normal-sized adult (and has no problem putting away food now!). Anika was also a VERY picky eater as a little kid and now she'll eat just about anything. All things in due time!
True. His pediatrician didn't like his slow weight gain at all the first couple of years, but she's beginning to be more comfortable with it now. The thing that gets us though, is that he has a 1 year old cousin who is bigger than he is. :rotfl:
I 100% feel your frustration with Disney IT. The technology is great when it works right but it fails SO much. We've been having tons of magicband and MDE issues since our trip last October and were locked out of our room on 3 different occasions last week and the response we got was basically that we travel to Disney too often. Uh hello, isn't that the point?!
Yeah, this is just ridiculous. The whole thing should work better, and frankly, needs to. Especially when so much of the planning, paying, ticketing, room key pieces of a trip rely on this technology.
Glad you didn't get all grey magicbands!
Me too!
Happy birthday to your son!
Thank you!
Happy Birthday LG! I'm so glad to hear he's doing good.
Thank you!
A belated Happy Father's Day to you, and a big Happy 3rd Birthday to LG! So glad to hear that he's healthy and doing well, despite some challenges. I can only imagine how stressful and frustrating it has been farming this season with the weather you've had! Poor weather can impact my husband's work on a small scale, and we find that stressful and scary enough, so I can only imagine what it's like as a farmer! I'm sure you also feel concerned about feeling like you haven't done enough planning for you trip, but I'm sure you'll have it totally under control. And sometimes even at WDW a little room for spontaneity can even be a good thing. Your trip is getting so close now! I'm excited for you all and I hope you have a wonderful time, and that LG manages okay with his behaviour and has fun!
Thank you! You're definitely right about the spontaneity being good. In fact, I wish there was more of that. I guess that's part of my stress. I enjoy planning up to a point, but I do like being able to go do something on a whim if we just feel like it. But we kind of have to paint ourselves into a corner in some regards. There's always something that just happens spontaneously, like spending a little extra time lingering over dinner or hanging around World Showcase or something like that that you end up remembering after the trip.
Happy birthday to LG. I’m sorry thins have been so stressful lately, I hope this vacation is just what you need. Let’s hope these next 2 1/2 weeks fly by and you have a magic filled vacation. pixiedust:
Thanks! I'm sure the time will fly, because, dang, its going to be a busy 2 1/2 weeks!
Happy Birthday to your LG! I hope the next few weeks fly by, and are productive at work so you can really enjoy your amazing vacation!
Thank you!
Nah. You're already ahead of most of the people that go there. Don't worry about it too much. :)
That's definitely true.
I can see how that'd be stressful! Amazing the amount of difference a year makes.
::yes:: Mother nature is a mother...
nd we all followed right along on those first months. Happy Birthday to LG!
Indeed you did! Thanks!

I've been following along on your PTR - now your trip is right around the corner! I wouldn't stress too much about the planning aspect - sometimes parts of the plan go out the window anyway once you get there. You're probably more prepared than most. I wonder if Disney has gone too far with the technology and having to reply so much on MDE/magic bands? I hope you have a wonderful and magical time and LG is manageable most of the time. The divide and conquer suggestions sound good to me. I'll be anxious to read about how it goes!

Last edited:
Happy birthday to LG! The weather has been insane this year. We have record snowpack in Colorado and haven't gotten above 90 degrees yet this year.

Good luck with the trip!

Jill in CO

Happy birthday to LG!

I'd been reading about how the rains were affecting Midwest farmers - it has been pretty awful this year. I'm glad you've at least gotten everything planted, and that you didn't' schedule your trip for June! And, I can see how that would add to your stress level.

If you've followed some past TRs, you might remember that I work in an office and also farm.

Yes. I've enjoyed learning about farming from your perspective!

By this time, the corn was probably 5' tall.
And the corn is about 5" tall.

Big difference. I'm sorry.

Sunday was Father's Day. But that wasn't even the most important thing that day. It was also LG's birthday.

Well Happy Birthday LG!

He's small, but overall, he's healthy and doing well.

And that's what's important.

. That evening we sat down with the kids and everyone picked the bands they wanted. I tried to select them and kept getting error messages on MDE with a phone number to call for help. We had already had a busy evening so it was late when we got around to doing this. I was tired so instead of calling Disney that night I figured I'd mess with it the next day. By the time we were able to follow up on this, I came to find out they were already out of some of the bands we wanted and some of the solid colored bands weren't even available now.

So yeah... their rollout left a bitter taste in my mouth.
yeah, I silly-ly thought I would just wait for the rush to die down. And now there aren't any to choose from!

Well... they aren't all grey.

that is a plus.

If you've followed some past TRs, you might remember that I work in an office and also farm. It has been a hectic spring. Weather has not been kind to us and it has been a challenge to get crops planted. We did finally end up getting seed in the ground, but there's more that needs to be done that we can't do. We've been working when we can between rain showers, but the past few days have given us over 5" of rain locally and now the crops we got planted are under water.
Do you grow just Corn?

As much as I worry about him being a challenge at Disney World, it will be nothing like the challenge he was when he came into this world!
So true!

So there it is... Our days of free admission to Disney World are a thing of the past.
boo

tions this month that she was just over it. She had some left over sugar cookies and some icing so she went quick and easy for LG's birthday. He just wants the icing anyway, so a pile of it on a cookie worked!
also so true. Sometimes, we have accepted that my youngest just wants french fries and just order a side of fries instead of a full meal.

Your whole vacation sounds great! Staying at the holiday in on points sounds very nice, especially since you re so close to DS. After a week in Disney, one can feel like they need another "vacation" after it, so a few days at the beach sounds like the perfect plan!

Glad you did not get all grey Mbands, and a Happy belated 3rd birthday to your son!

Happy Belated Birthday to LG!

I have a reoccurring dream that I'm at Disney with no plans, map or fast passes and we just have to do the best we can. It doesn't usually last very long so I don't know how I resolved it.

We're taking our grandson in December and will have him for a few days before DD joins us. I have never used rider swap so I'm hoping you can figure that out for me?

Happy birthday to LG! The weather has been insane this year. We have record snowpack in Colorado and haven't gotten above 90 degrees yet this year.

Good luck with the trip!
Thank you! Yeah, I saw some pictures of snow plows in Colorado running on the first day of summer... crazy!
Happy birthday to LG!

I'd been reading about how the rains were affecting Midwest farmers - it has been pretty awful this year. I'm glad you've at least gotten everything planted, and that you didn't' schedule your trip for June! And, I can see how that would add to your stress level.
Thank you! Things are timing out pretty well for our trip. Still plenty stressful though!
Yes. I've enjoyed learning about farming from your perspective!
Thank you!
Big difference. I'm sorry.
Just a bit
Well Happy Birthday LG!
Thank you
And that's what's important.
It really is!
yeah, I silly-ly thought I would just wait for the rush to die down. And now there aren't any to choose from!
I know... I wouldn't have thought they'd just flat out run out of everything in like 24 hours.
Do you grow just Corn?
We raise Corn and Soybeans.
When I was growing up we also raised hogs, cattle, wheat and hay. We got out of doing all that when I graduated High School. My theory is that since those are more labor intensive, dad chose that as a time to get out when his free labor was going off to college.

We do have 2 cattle and 2 pigs in our barn at my house for the first time ever. DS is in 4-H now so we got some animals for him to care for and take to the county fair. Which is this coming week. o_O:faint:
also so true. Sometimes, we have accepted that my youngest just wants french fries and just order a side of fries instead of a full meal.
::yes:: Been there, done that.
Your whole vacation sounds great! Staying at the holiday in on points sounds very nice, especially since you re so close to DS. After a week in Disney, one can feel like they need another "vacation" after it, so a few days at the beach sounds like the perfect plan!

Glad you did not get all grey Mbands, and a Happy belated 3rd birthday to your son!
Yeah, I think it will be very nice to get some relaxation in after a week in the parks. I always find it so hard to just slow down and kick back when I'm at Disney World because there are so many things I want to see or do.
Happy Belated Birthday to LG!
Thank you!
I have a reoccurring dream that I'm at Disney with no plans, map or fast passes and we just have to do the best we can. It doesn't usually last very long so I don't know how I resolved it.
That's not a dream, that's a panic inducing nightmare!!!! :lmao:
We're taking our grandson in December and will have him for a few days before DD joins us. I have never used rider swap so I'm hoping you can figure that out for me?
I hope so! It was simple with the paper FP system. I think it is pretty similar now, except that they put it on your band and the window is maybe an hour or 2 instead of "anytime this month" like the paper ones were.

That's not a dream, that's a panic inducing nightmare!!!! :lmao:

:eek: I'm really hoping it never plays out in real life.

I hope so! It was simple with the paper FP system. I think it is pretty similar now, except that they put it on your band and the window is maybe an hour or 2 instead of "anytime this month" like the paper ones were.

I'll be paying close attention to how it works for you.

Good afternoon!

I want to apologize for an absence from the Dis this week. I see that there have been several updates, but I've just not had time to keep up.

In addition to this being the week that we're leaving for vacation, it is also the week of our county fair.

This has been fun, in some ways. It is DS's first year in 4-H, so it has been a week of hard work and family bonding at the fairgrounds. We have 2 pigs and 2 cattle that DS has been working with and caring for. We started moving equipment into the fairgrounds Saturday night and the animals went in early Sunday morning. Tomorrow we have to load up and take them all home. It has been the hottest week of the year here so it has been hard on us and the animals over the past few days, but it has been rewarding.

DS has survived his first cattle show and swine show and did really well. He didn't win any big awards, but that wasn't the point. He got to learn hard work and perseverance. His steer, which weighs 992 pounds and is actually small in comparison to many others, decided he didn't like being in the show arena and was an absolute handful. Most kids would have gotten mad or started crying. DS just did what he could and kept his cool. It was a proud parent moment for sure. DW and I were busy helping him get cattle ready and get them walked back and forth between the barn and the show arena, but her cousin got some pictures of him in action. The top is him trying to get the steer to walk and the bottom is his heifer... she was a lot more cooperative.

I don't have any pictures of the swine show, but he did well there too. Overall, he's learned some valuable lessons and has had a fun week working with his animals and running wild around the barns with a couple of his closest friends.

So anyway, I haven't been on the boards much. I haven't been at work much. I get to move animals tomorrow, go to work Friday and then I'll be sleeping in Florida Saturday night. Holy crap, I'm tired and I'm not even at Disney World yet.

This will probably be my last post before we leave, but I'll try to check in here as time allows.

Have a Happy Independence Day!!!!

Whoa! You've been super busy! But... vacation time right around the corner!
Thanks so much for the photos of DS and the cattle. Really enjoyed that.

Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!