Let's Rediscover the Magic! - New TR 7/26

Day 3: no pictures on my phone. So that's how good of a trip report I could write.

AK is hot.

Nobody had any major meltdowns but a minor one was averted with some Disney magic from an awesome CM. Why can't they sub fries with any of the sides at Flame Tree? One of these days I'll be able to eat there again. Maybe when the kids are 20.

Day 1... don't want to jinx it but he's doing better than expected so far. Better than the oldest who is now too cool for princesses and has way too much attitude. As I type he's napping in the stroller and is worn out from chasing popcorn eating birds.
So far.... oops... was gonna say "so good"... but then read ahead.
FYI... seeing inconsistencies in rider switch already.

Space gave DW a rider switch to come back. BTMRR would only give it to the older kids so they could ride again. They wouldn't give it to me. I had to use FP and be back within the window. Good thing we were there early enough to make it work.
Huh. You'd think it would be the same everywhere.
Day 2: jinxed it. Meltdown occurred on spaceship earth. I feel sorry for everyone else riding when we did. When did they make that ride longer?
Dang. Hope it didn't last too long.
I'm a little bit mixed on this crowd thing. Honestly, crowds in general have not been bad at all. No overcrowded walkways, etc. However lines have been stupid long. I honestly don't believe we've waited less than 20 minutes for anything when using fp or rider swap. I saw areas of the spaceship earth and jungle cruise queue using fp that I've never seen before. It is kind of getting me frustrated from the planning perspective that you expect fast pass to be relatively fast. Might not be an 80 minute wait but at least you let the people getting in standby know they'll be there that long. Maybe I've been spoiled in the past but I've not experienced consistently long waits in fast pass like I've been seeing the past 2 days.
Wait... 20 minute wait for FP??? I've never had that.

Nobody had any major meltdowns but a minor one was averted with some Disney magic from an awesome CM.
Oh! Hope you'll share a bit more on that.
Why can't they sub fries with any of the sides at Flame Tree? One of these days I'll be able to eat there again. Maybe when the kids are 20.
Don't blink. It'll be here before you know it.

Awesome achievement for your DS!

Hope having your parents join you works out well.

Hope the rest of your trip goes well.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Jungle Cruise FPs. The FP line seems to always be forever long recently.

Even adults have meltdowns in Disney sometimes- hope they don't cause too much trouble for your trip!

4H is such a great experience for kids...I did it for a lot of years. Good luck with the crowds and kids. Sending lots of pixie dust!

Jill in CO

Day 2: jinxed it. Meltdown occurred on spaceship earth. I feel sorry for everyone else riding when we did. When did they make that ride longer?

I'm a little bit mixed on this crowd thing. Honestly, crowds in general have not been bad at all. No overcrowded walkways, etc. However lines have been stupid long. I honestly don't believe we've waited less than 20 minutes for anything when using fp or rider swap. I saw areas of the spaceship earth and jungle cruise queue using fp that I've never seen before. It is kind of getting me frustrated from the planning perspective that you expect fast pass to be relatively fast. Might not be an 80 minute wait but at least you let the people getting in standby know they'll be there that long. Maybe I've been spoiled in the past but I've not experienced consistently long waits in fast pass like I've been seeing the past 2 days.
A friend of mine who went in June also said they waited longer in the FP lines than they ever had on previous trips. I hope this isn't the new normal.

Day 4: Hands full... only took 1 picture all day. If I do a TR it will be even more wordy than normal. Yikes.

DD had mermaid school this morning. Not to be a spoiler but if you have a little mermaid fan that loves the water, do it! She had a blast. I'll share details later but would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have if your thinking about booking it.

Mom and dad made it in late yesterday afternoon. Even joined us for a bit at AK yesterday. We've been able to use rider switch and LGs band to get them on a few rides with us. Today was a late start after mermaid school and we only rode 3 rides, but did see a couple of shows. LG has overall been a trooper. We get some tantrums when he's tired or just after waking up but most of the time he's been doing pretty well. We've tried breaks for naps but then he doesn't want to sleep when he goes back to the room so today we went with "long show in the dark and AC" and it worked like a charm.

Attachments

• 20190710_124108.jpg
    20190710_124108.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 29
DD had mermaid school this morning. Not to be a spoiler but if you have a little mermaid fan that loves the water, do it! She had a blast.
That’s great! Glad she had so much fun. :)
Mom and dad made it in late yesterday afternoon. Even joined us for a bit at AK yesterday.
Nice. :)
so today we went with "long show in the dark and AC" and it worked like a charm.
:lmao: Parenting at its finest.

I'm so glad that LG is enjoying himself. I can't wait to hear about your experience with the Mermaid School. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

I'm glad things are going so well! A few meltdowns are inevitable... I think your trip sounds great!

How frustrating regarding rider swap! I don't know how they expect people to ride things twice in the same hour (one parent following the other) - especially if the FP+ lines are extra-long! (How frustrating for that, too!)

I'm thrilled your DD loved mermaid school!

I can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm really enjoying your daily updates!

Can't wait to hear about mermaid school. Sounds like a little girls dreams come true. It's good that LG is doing so well. We found dark attractions helped put JP out too.

Glad to hear that Mermaid School went well! Can't wait to hear about it!

Day 5: I got puked on. Not sure what else to say. LG has been rubbing his shunt. We're hoping it isn't anything more serious than too much heat and popcorn.
FIngers crossed that it isn't anything serious... What parent hasn't been puked on?!?! But it is never fun.

Sounds like mermaid school was a big success!! Looking forward to hearing about it if you report more on it. Your dark ride/AC strategy is a great one! Sorry to hear about the puke episode, and hoping that it's nothing serious that's bothering LG.

Thanks for the words of support. Quick update, we bought some new clothes and actually stayed in MK after the puking with no further incidents. He ate a bunch of ice cubes a couple of hours after it happened and begged for gold fish for like an hour before we gave in and let him have half a bag. Hit a few shows and came back early with the intent for him to get to sleep early. He didn't nap at all today and just fell asleep finally about 20 min ago. Tomorrow will be a long day so it could be rough if he's tired.

Oh my goodness!! Look at his face!!! This is why they have to keep it’s a small world! Love it! Glad to hear that it was a one time puke. Hope it stays that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!