Let's say Walt Disney was to wake up one day and ask you...

OK Walt, I am going to take you to Disney-...

• Total voters

Deadp00l

Mouseketeer
...to take him to either Disneyland/DCA or Disneyworld. Where would you take him?

Would you like to show him how much his original park has changed after 50 years? Or would you want to show him the project that he envisioned but never got to fully experience?

Any odd request you'd like to make to him (make Disneyland's castle bigger, move Star Wars land into DCA, move Magic/Animal Kingdom closer to the other parks)?

Assume that:
Weather is good.
Flight/hotel is not an issue.
He has just enough days to experience either park fully before... uh... going back to sleep lol.

Bonus question for fun:

Back at the hotel, he wants to watch three Disney movies post-1966 (his death). What three movies would you recommend? Remember, this is the ONLY time he will watch these movies before he goes back to sleep so pick something meaningful and/or revolutionary to wow him (even if they're not your top three favorite Disney movies)!

I would be too freaked out to take him anywhere if he "woke up from being dead. Sorry Walt, I am out. Lol.

I voted World, only because he hasn’t seen it (I don’t think).

As far as Movies, Nightmare Before Christmas, Monsters Inc., and Country Bear Jamboree. The first two to show how far animation has come, and the Bears to show how everything has to be used to make money, whether it’s dumb or not.

I would love to show Mr Disney Walt Disney World only because the cash grabs and park neglect/deterioration are more obvious there than at Disneyland.

Films I’d love to view with him would be:
The Aristocats
Rascal
Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Fun question

I would take him to WDW just for him to see the scope of his dream and whether it fulfilled it or not.

Odd request: I would have him tell the Disney executives today to end the money grabs. I realize every business may have a level of greed but Disney’s greed has become so blatant. Make it affordable for families as he intended.

I would have him watch The Lion King, Finding Nemo and Pirates of the Caribbean.

I would take him to Disneyland because if you woke up from the dead, for a day, you would probably want to go home.

I think I would watch the Pirates of the Caribbean with him, Toy Story (maybe switch out for Lion King) and The Little Mermaid.

Last edited:
I think I'd let him pick the park to visit! I bet he'd want to see Epcot though.

As for movies, I would definitely show him Mary Poppins Returns - he'd get a kick out of that! I would also show him Tangled and Tomorrowland.

World, if only because the sheer size and scope of it is probably beyond what he would have imagined, even if it does have flaws. Maybe World after like 2022 once all of these changes/refurbs are done.

Land still has a lot of the charm and attractions it did when it opened, DCA is nicer NOW, but not perfect.

Heck, I'd take him to Tokyo, that would blow his mind, about how his vision translates so well over there.

Walt Disney World - to show him how his dream kept growing.

The Jungle Book (animated, not the remake) because it was the last movie he worked on, and I bet he wondered how it would turn out.

Inside Out, because I think he'd love it.

And I agree with @BrianL - Mary Poppins Returns.

Last edited:
I'd take him to the ticket purchase area and show him how they charge (single day, multi-day, AP, etc.) and how much they charge to get in.

Then we'd see if he spins like people say he does.

I seriously doubt he'd disapprove. Disneyland was always a relatively expensive place even when he was alive. Premium price for a premium product. Besides, wasn't he always blissfully unaware of financial things? He let his brother Roy handle such mundane matters.

I seriously doubt he'd disapprove. Disneyland was always a relatively expensive place even when he was alive. Premium price for a premium product. Besides, wasn't he always blissfully unaware of financial things? He let his brother Roy handle such mundane matters.

I agree--it was more of a comment on those who think Walt's spinning in his grave for this, that and the other. Generally, I think he was more concerned about the quality of the product than the cost, either to him or the public.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!