Let's see how Disney World extends their "Hours" October, November, and December 2020.

I'm hoping they have just not posted the new times for DHS yet.

Just a thought, perhaps the added hours at MK and EP are an attempt to steer people away from DHS? I do not track open reservations often, but when I do DHS is consistently full.

WDW Monthly Park Hour links:

October, 2020

November, 2020

December, 2020

10/02/2020 New hours added:

October 16-18
  • Magic Kingdom: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (previously closing at 6:00 pm)
  • EPCOT: 11:00 am until 9:00 pm (previously closing at 7:00 pm)
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios: no change
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (previously 9:00 am to 5:00 pm)

October 23-25
  • Magic Kingdom: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (previously closing at 6:00 pm)
  • EPCOT: 11:00 am until 9:00 pm (previously closing at 7:00 pm)
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios: no change
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (previously 9:00 am to 5:00 pm)

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that in December EPCOT won't be opening until noon? How is this going to help crowd control when 99% of visitors will be congregated together waiting for that late park opening?

Did anyone notice that in December EPCOT won't be opening until noon? How is this going to help crowd control when 99% of visitors will be congregated together waiting for that late park opening?
I'm assuming it'll be treated like how most rope drops are being handled now- parking lot doesn't open until an hour before, and transportation starting around the same time. They'll let people in early so they can spread around the park before the attractions start at official opening time.

They’ll probably change to 11 am...then let guests in at 10:30

We were supposed to have an Epcot 7 pm closing last night. When it changed to 9, I took FULL advantage of strolling through the WS til closing. The torches weren’t lit, but it was still so nice

Last edited:

They’ll probably change to 11 am...then let guests in at 10:30

We were supposed to have an Epcot 7 pm closing last night. When it changed to 9, I took FULL advantage of strolling through the WS til closing. The torches weren’t lit, but it was still so nice

I didn't realize the torches wouldn't be lit. Why ever not?

We go 11/9- 11/15. I'm hoping since they haven't extended the hours in November that means Disney doesn't think it will be busy based on hotel reservations and park reservations!

It seems like WDW is keeping the future park hours close to the vest within a few weeks.

If they do expand the hours for my dates, I may need to change some of my plans like fewer Disney Springs visits with late-night dining reservations that I may have to cancel and stay at the possible extended park hours for more nighttime Christmas experiences.

But really...no one knows what the future holds. But we can hope for the best.

I've finished my ADR's up to 12/14/2020

I reserved all of my park days a long time ago.

I'll have to wait to finish the rest of my dining reservations because of a split stay and the 60-day requirements.

I got most dining reservations.

I was disappointed at not having DHS availability for Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant and Hollywood & Vine for any of my days

So here my park hours.

I'll update them daily if I see any changes.

WDW Park hours as of 10/06/2020; 10/07/2020; 10/08/2020;

Nov 29 Sun - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Nov 30 Mon - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 01 Tue - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 02 Wed - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 03 Thu - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 04 Fri - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 05 Sat - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 06 Sun - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 07 Mon - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 08 Tue - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 09 Wed - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 10 Thu - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 11 Fri - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 12 Sat - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 13 Sun - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 14 Mon - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 15 Tue - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 16 Wed - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;
Dec. 17 Thu - MK-9-7; EP-12-8; DHS-10-7; AK-9-5;

Last edited:
Does anyone see any chance that DHS hours will be extended on 10/16-10/18? Seems so weird they've extended hours at every other park but not that one.

Does anyone see any chance that DHS hours will be extended on 10/16-10/18? Seems so weird they've extended hours at every other park but not that one.
We're going on 11/5 and I've got a DHS reservation on 11/8. So, I was looking for Oga (thought maybe I'd get lucky! lol) this morning and noticed something, they have reservations up until 8 p.m. but the park is scheduled to close at 7.
Not sure if that's an indicator of potentially extended hours or maybe has always been available and I just never noticed? I could see 7 pm reservations but surprised to see 8?

(I hadn't booked anything at DHS since we weren't going there, but with the flight consolidations/cancelations, we added 2 nights and 1 park day)

We're going on 11/5 and I've got a DHS reservation on 11/8. So, I was looking for Oga (thought maybe I'd get lucky! lol) this morning and noticed something, they have reservations up until 8 p.m. but the park is scheduled to close at 7.
Not sure if that's an indicator of potentially extended hours or maybe has always been available and I just never noticed? I could see 7 pm reservations but surprised to see 8?

(I hadn't booked anything at DHS since we weren't going there, but with the flight consolidations/cancelations, we added 2 nights and 1 park day)

I saw this, too. But I tried checking 10- days for the late evening with no availability from 1600-2000.

Oga's Cantina at the Walt Disney World Resort
ThursdayNovember 05, 2020 Selected date, Tuesday, October 6, 2020. Calendar Control. Expand by pressing enter key or collapse by pressing escape. Use arrows key to select day and page up or down keys to change between months.
Lunch10:00 AM - 3:55 PM
Dinner4:00 PM - 8:00 PM

I think in some parks they're allowing ADRs after park close.

They are definitely doing ADRs at the closing hour, but I didn't think they were allowing them to be booked an hour after closing? (What would people do for the hour waiting?)
Hopefully that means good things! I'm going to keep hope alive for next Friday. It's our DHS day and I'd love some extra time.

They are definitely doing ADRs at the closing hour, but I didn't think they were allowing them to be booked an hour after closing? (What would people do for the hour waiting?)

That was my experience, too. But I didn't see any availability after park closing even though they might have listed an extra hour.

I would enjoy walking around looking at the Christmas lights after the last ride closed. And I usually show up at the restaurant at least 15-minutes early.

Between getting off the last ride and arriving at the restaurant doesn't leave that much time for that extra hour after park closing.

And in my experience, I haven't seen anything listed for more than one hour.

But I can't figure out a lot of reasons why WDW does things.

Hopefully that means good things! I'm going to keep hope alive for next Friday. It's our DHS day and I'd love some extra time.

Good luck.

I would make ADR's first at the most to do or most popular restaurants first regardless of your days.

I think the reasons for frequent no availability are the fewer tables because of social distancing and 60-days instead of 6-months. Fewer options for 2-person tables per hour.

And I checked all times from opening to closing.

I was too chicken to check for a 4-person table.

DHS was the hardest. For me, no Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant and no Hollywood & Vine.

By December, I'm hoping for later hours, too. I prefer night time to see the Christmas lights.

Start checking now for days before your 60-day mark to practice and get an idea of availability times.

I still check daily in case something changes.

Good luck.

I noticed park hours have been extended through November with closing times closer to what is "normal" for this time of year. Didnt notice an increase to Hollywood Studios but since I only have a reservation there one day for our trip, I havent been tracking it that closely

Magic Kingdom will see a 9pm close on October 31, and most days in November have been extended to an 8pm close. Thanksgiving week will see a 9pm close.

At EPCOT, October 31 will have a 10pm close, and hours throughout November have been increased to a 9pm close, with Thanksgiving week having a 10pm close.

Disney's Animal Kingdom updates October 31 to a 7am opening, and the majority of weekends in November will see an 8am to 6pm operating day.

No changes are yet in place for Disney's Hollywood Studios, which continues to feel the most busy of all four parks.
And finally Disney Springs moves to an 11pm close at weekends beginning today.

Disney appears to be adjusting based on the continued increase in attendance that the parks have been seeing over the past month. Be sure to keep monitoring hours as they are continuing to change on a frequent basis. You can see the latest updates on our Walt Disney World operating hours calendar.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/oper...ees-hours-return-to-something-more-normal.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter