Let's talk about how the opening of Galaxy's Edge will affect crowds at OTHER parks.

Will SWGE make the other 3 parks more crowded?

• Yes, it will turn September into Spring Break or worse

Votes: 99 66.9%
  • No, DHS will be packed but others will see little or no increase

Votes: 49 33.1%

• Total voters

Brett Wyman

Legacy Guest
Many of us are currently curled up in a ball crying at the moment since we feel like our early fall vacations dreams were just crushed(force crushed). Let's take this time to rationalize what the crowds will really be like at any park that ISN'T HS after 8-29! I can say personally I will be far far away from HS unless with do a TSL EMM during our stay. Or a paid GE event :p

How many people will travel to WDE just to visit GE without visiting the other parks?

Will the early months be mostly locals and those who are already booked (i.e. it can't getting any more crowded than it already would be)?

If a HS visitor doesn't have a park hopper and GE reaches capacity, will they just hang out, or will they update to PH and flood the other parks? Or my greatest fear, Disney gives them PH or allows them to use their day pass at another park since they couldn't enter GE.

I know pure speculation at this point. But I'm posting this just as a form of therapy at the moment.

We are booked in Oct 27-Nov 4 we are going for MNSSHP and the Wine and Dine half marathon. We are staying at Pop Century and we are really excited about the Skyliner! HS is out favourite park, I am just going to enjoy every minute of it. We have been to WDW almost every year for the past 9 years so I am not too super stressed out. We will book our FP's and just enjoy what we can.

We are booked in Oct 27-Nov 4 we are going for MNSSHP and the Wine and Dine half marathon. We are staying at Pop Century and we are really excited about the Skyliner! HS is out favourite park, I am just going to enjoy every minute of it. We have been to WDW almost every year for the past 9 years so I am not too super stressed out. We will book our FP's and just enjoy what we can.

Positivity!

This. Definitely this. :sad::sad::sad:

Exactly! I am not a Star Wars fan (don't stone me) and had zero desire to see the new Star Wars land. So I was excited to go in September and miss the crazy Star Wars fanatics. Now I'm super annoyed bc I may have to completely skip Hollywood Studios or I might have to compete with crazy people at all the parks bc all of a sudden my low park level vacation dreams are no longer a reality. Boo!

I have a feeling all the other parks are going to be busy. Once people see the insanity of Galaxies edge I'm sure some will opt to go to a different park. I'm a big Star Wars and fan and have a trip planned in October. I think I am going to skip Hollywood Studios entirely.

I don't officially have my fall trip finalized yet, but assuming that it's a go I will likely re-think my thought process as to park days and spend 2 days at HS (1 for Star Wars stuff and 1 for everything else) and skip Epcot rather than 1 day at each park.

Just to add another data point to this: I'm a DVC member owning at Animal Kingdom Lodge and I am signed up with a site that sends me a notification when someone requests to rent points at Animal Kingdom. I typically get 1-3 notifications per day, but since the news broke this morning I've already received over 20.

This is going to bring a ton of extra people in, and it's not like the only park they are going to visit for their whole vacation is Hollywood Studios.

My big hope is that they open Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad to at least by end of September to give some more capacity to Hollywood Studios and spread the crowds. If everyone is staying in Galaxy's Edge the whole day, it's going to be a disaster for wait lines trying to get into the land from inside HS park.

I am still in utter shock that SWGE is opening so soon. I was really looking forward to another relaxed crowd September vacation. I have very mixed feelings about this as I am a pretty big star wars fan, but was in no way going to schedule a vacation during the opening months of SWGE. For me, I think a park hopper is going to be a must. Just going to think positive and make the best of it.

I have a feeling all the other parks are going to be busy. Once people see the insanity of Galaxies edge I'm sure some will opt to go to a different park. I'm a big Star Wars and fan and have a trip planned in October. I think I am going to skip Hollywood Studios entirely.

I agree I think more people are going to get hoppers either before hand or up grade while there. I think people are not going to want to wait hours just to get in especially with kids. I think the other parks are going to see the overflow. I know I would!

Add me to the ‘I don’t know what to do’ crowd!!

9 day trip booked beginning Sep 7th. Still playing through options then will decide what to do later. For now will book our ADRs Monday...I think.

Option is to move our trip back to Aug but we were meeting up with my cousins family and it’s not an option for them.

Looking for updated crowd calendars but wondering if they’ll only be guessing too???

So confused!

Add me to the ‘I don’t know what to do’ crowd!!

9 day trip booked beginning Sep 7th. Still playing through options then will decide what to do later. For now will book our ADRs Monday...I think.

Option is to move our trip back to Aug but we were meeting up with my cousins family and it’s not an option for them.

Looking for updated crowd calendars but wondering if they’ll only be guessing too???

So confused!

I'm in the same boat (spaceship??) as you; our six night stay at OKW starts September 5. And to think we were so certain we'd booked early enough to avoid the SW:GE opening and enjoy the last few relatively quiet days.

We logged on and looked at a week to three weeks earlier but the cost rises prohibitively, and since we got a real steal during the "free" DDP special, I guess we'll just stick with what we have. But ugh, this was some surprising and extremely unexpected news today.

Is WDW opening in phases too or is that just DL? Will people wait for phase 2 to come? I am going October 5-12. Think it will have died down a bit then?

Exactly! I am not a Star Wars fan (don't stone me) and had zero desire to see the new Star Wars land. So I was excited to go in September and miss the crazy Star Wars fanatics. Now I'm super annoyed bc I may have to completely skip Hollywood Studios or I might have to compete with crazy people at all the parks bc all of a sudden my low park level vacation dreams are no longer a reality. Boo!

My thoughts exactly! My bf and mom don't understand why I'm so mad about this news.

No stoning. I do wonder if you will try the rides even if you are not into SW? A lot of people are not really Avatar fans but go on FoP and Navi. I hope you have a great trip, either way!

I’m a bit later than you guys but the shock has worn off and my husband said either we go Oct 26- Nov 1 or not at all. So even a crowded day at disney is better than a day at home. I’ll be closely watching the opening and crowds and I’m pretty much throwing crowd calendars out the window. I expect it to be crowded. I also expect us to have a wonderful time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter