Let's talk about something we can all understand....

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
MONEY! and how expensive is it to travel to WDW! I usually have to stay off site and not splurge too much. So, what I think we should do is share our ideas on how to save some money, or cheap treats and eats, and some money saving ideas on good times...
Jo

I think the best way to go to Disney is to go with friends. I went this past July to celebrate my high school graduation with three other friends. This way I only had to pay 1/4 of the hotel bill which allowed us to stay at a deluxe. Also, we split two entrees between the four of us several times so we only had to pay 1/4 of the restuarant bill as well.

I also think it is best to pay for as much as you can before you actually leave. The hotel, the plane, the tickets, the transportation from the airport, etc. Also, by looking at the menus at allearsnet.com, I estimated how much each meal would cost and we could plan accordingly.

JerseyBallerina said:
I think the best way to go to Disney is to go with friends. I went this past July to celebrate my high school graduation with three other friends. This way I only had to pay 1/4 of the hotel bill which allowed us to stay at a deluxe. Also, we split two entrees between the four of us several times so we only had to pay 1/4 of the restuarant bill as well.

I also think it is best to pay for as much as you can before you actually leave. The hotel, the plane, the tickets, the transportation from the airport, etc. Also, by looking at the menus at allearsnet.com, I estimated how much each meal would cost and we could plan accordingly.

Those are great ideas! I'm going with my friends in June :teeth:
For me park tickets seem to be the most expensive, so when we go as a family we try to park hop as much as possible so we can save our "days" for future trips.

if you're going to eat a dinner at a sit-down restaurant, go during lunch. Usually, it's the same food but cheaper. This is true both inside and outside the park.

Go to college, do the college program, and then become a campus rep and get a CM ID from there :P

Use a van/towncar services that has a free grocery stop on the way to WDW. (I've used FL Tours, and they were great. Have also heard good things about Tiffany Towncar). Buy breakfast foods, lunch meats (if you have a fridge in your room), soda and water. Makes eating much less expensive if you don't always have to eat in the parks and resorts.

some one posted that all the deluxe and moderate resorts all now have fridges in the room free of charge im not sure if its true or not but like someone said buy cold cuts and make sandwiches another huge expense are drinks buy bottles of water for the cost one bottle would cost in the parks or soda what ever suits your fancy... :flower:

One thing I do is I prepackage some juice crystals and bring them into the park with me (You can actually buy Crystal Lite already prepackaged). That way, I can just add them to the water, instead of spending $3+ on drinks in the parks.
Jo

I'm really weird about my drinking water, so to save money on buying bottled water I'm planning on bringing my Brita water pitcher and refill my water bottles. Also I know that Brita now has sport bottles now, but I haven't been able to find one at any stores nearby.

Buy your park tix at a local Disney Store since they are now cheaper than buying at the park gates (prior to about a year ago, they used to be equal in price, but since that has changed, you might as well buy em at home before you go!)

jimmybop said:
Go to college, do the college program, and then become a campus rep and get a CM ID from there :P

Hey Jimmy what is a CM ID?

I absolutely loved someones idea about going with friends. Thats always a plus to be able to split costs with others. Another money saving tip is to eat OFF of Disney property as much as possible. Of course this is only possible if you drive yourself or rent a car while there (which is always expensive if your under 25), but it really adds up.

I second the idea of paying for as much as possible before you go. In fact I couldn't imagine not paying for everything beforehand. Also, a AAA discount is always a plus, along with actually researching the discounts at that time of year. For instance, if you go during the summer, during July, August, or September, Disney usually has discount codes. The codes have come out in early May for the past several years and you pay for 5 nights at your hotel and for a 5 days of admission to the parks (it used to be the Ultimate Park Hopper pass but now that it just changed Im not sure what they'll give out this year in this discount package) and you get 7 nights at the resort and a 7 day Park Hopper pass. I've been there in all three of those months and as crowded as I have heard the parks can get, I found them a lot quieter at that time of year than they had been in February and November. (at least when I was there).

Also, go during the lowest priced season if you can't get a discount code. They have 3 seasons, the lower one, the regular one, and the highest priced one. Like between May 17th to July its the regular season, then it goes to peak season, then down to the lower season. Anyways hope it helps!

CM ID is a cast member ID. If you're a campus rep, you still work for the company and still get free admission.

THe last couple times I have gone I have stayed at the dolphin or swan with Triple A discount...130 a night with 2 or 3 friends. the location is perfect and the price is perfect.
The best way to save money is to have a firend work at Disney though and they can get you free one day park hoppers...I went last may and only paid for food and hotel (also got 1/2 of cast member rate at hotel). The trip cost me barely anything.

teh fish said:
CM ID is a cast member ID. If you're a campus rep, you still work for the company and still get free admission.
Free admission, and discounts at hotels, merchandise, and some sit down restaurants.

Some of the waiters will be nice and apply the CM's discount to the bill of everyone at the table, even if you split the check. (I don't think they're supposed to do this though) ... or you could eat with Campus Rep (CM) friends, and just each pay cash on one bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter