Let's talk about the Walt Disney World Snapchat Filters!

TSR6

DIS Veteran
Now I was really excited on our last trip (last Oct) when I realized that Walt Disney World had location specific snapchat filters to add onto your photos. In some cases, I was actually using Snapchat instead of my camera to take pictures, save the photo, and then upload to Facebook just because of the filters with the cool photo add-ons!

I actually saved a whole bunch of these photos to my phone as we went around the world, and even made a little "slide show" of these photos.

Are there any new Snapchat filters??

Have you used Snapchat at the park for this feature?

Here are some of my photos:

Nice compilation! Besides the ones you showed I've also seen:
DHS: A different Hollywood Studios Logo, Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror
MK: Space Mountain, Adventureland
AK: Animal Kingdom Logo, Expedition Everest with the Tree of Life

Cool! How do I use these? I use Snapchat but just the basic functions....mostly so I can communicate with my teenager who can't be bothered with old fashioned texting. Ha!

Dare I say I'll show my age and say I haven't a clue what SnapChat is. The features look fun. I suppose I should figure it out

Yeti & Monorail are my favorites! I always use the Orlando one for the "WE MADE IT TO MCO!" photo, too.

Cool! How do I use these? I use Snapchat but just the basic functions....mostly so I can communicate with my teenager who can't be bothered with old fashioned texting. Ha!

After you take a photo, swipe left/right and different filters can be added to the photo! :)

Dare I say I'll show my age and say I haven't a clue what SnapChat is. The features look fun. I suppose I should figure it out

It's an app for Android or iPhone that you can take and share photos with. You send a time limit on the photo - default is 10 seconds, and then it's gone unless you share it to your timeline. You can also "save" the photo to your phone to share elsewhere.

Why didn't I know about this before our trip?!? My 12 yr old was begging me to let her get snapchat but I didn't let her until recently. Even she didn't know there were Disney filters! So cool! Thanks for sharing!

The turkey leg filter! :rotfl2:

I didn't know Snapchat had location-specific filters. My daughter will be so excited to take pictures with these (minus the turkey legs) on our next trip!

I need to turn my GPS on for snapchat so I can use the location based ones. I try to limit GPS to apps because I don't think those companies need to be able to track me but this may be enough to get me to give that up for a brief moment hehe. I mean I've already given up that security for Pokemon GO so why not snapchat now.

I loveeeee Snapchat! In fact, the Billy Joel & Paul McCartney concerts this past week had their own filters and I loved using them. I just wish Epcot had more/more specific ones. I was a bit surprised in December to see they didn't have as many as I thought they would! I will be back in October so many more will be added then. Where I am (Philadelphia) we have one that spells out LOVE....and involves a cheesesteak!!

After you take a photo, swipe left/right and different filters can be added to the photo! :)

You can also add multiple filters! Once you find one you like, put your finger (I find thumb is easiest to use) down on the photo and don't lift it, and then start swiping again. This way you could do say, the Epcot logo and then also the time filter, or the Epcot logo and one of the lighting filters to change the lighting, etc.

It’s not surprising that themed-park such as Walt Disney World added a Snapchat filter just for their visitors because filters make photos livelier and look extra special. But not every place has it yet. If there is none, you can always create your own with the help of designers from FineFilterz.com. They have a wide range of filters that fit every occasion or trips.

so the filters just work based on your location,i.e. MK? you odn't need to go to a special spot? I don't do snapchat but of course the kids do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter