Let's talk Disneybounding...

Note that... Disneybounding is typically done with regular clothing which can fit right in to any other environment...
This! If you look at https://disneybound.co, you'll see that the outfits are put together with regular clothing that you might already have in your wardrobe. (Although Leslie Kay may use much more expensive versions of clothing items in her examples!) Disneybounding doesn't have to look like a costume (that's cosplay) -- it's just channeling your favorite Disney character, ride, food, vibe, groove, etc. through your outfit. :)

This! If you look at https://disneybound.co, you'll see that the outfits are put together with regular clothing that you might already have in your wardrobe. (Although Leslie Kay may use much more expensive versions of clothing items in her examples!) Disneybounding doesn't have to look like a costume (that's cosplay) -- it's just channeling your favorite Disney character, ride, food, vibe, groove, etc. through your outfit. :)
Maybe I can get together one family Disney bound costume... I’ll have to look though our closet and see what we have. DH has a weird thing against family costumes, but he probably wouldn’t know what I was doing, ha!

As to The Boy, I only buy him a handful of clothes per season because he’s an only child, so I prefer he wear the heck out of them and get our moneys worth, since they won’t be worn again. In general, he prefers to wear character ts, because preschooler. It’s weird though... I see a lot of Mickey, Buzz, and Stormtroopers in next springs t-shirt haul..... 😉

We have discussed Disney bounding as gender swapped Roger rabbit for her and Jessica for me, which would be a red collared shirt with a purple tie(for her gloves). It would work well for our 15 inch height difference.

For OBB, I am doing Jack Skellington head make up, and then for clothes, black socks, shoes, and shorts, with a black and white bowling shirt and as such am referring to the costume as Cousin Eddie Skellington.

I Disneybounded for the 1st time in April for my Birthday trip as Princess Tiana it was so much fun

My boyfriend did untentionally Disney bound and ended up matching me as Naveen in his regular clothes

Here you go
Tianabounding

Attachments

• 1370087D-7CCF-4636-8227-4666E5F9747E.jpeg
    1370087D-7CCF-4636-8227-4666E5F9747E.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 31
  • E2C07E2A-B072-44A2-AF8D-907B4E2A20E0.jpeg
    E2C07E2A-B072-44A2-AF8D-907B4E2A20E0.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 6945874F-A1DB-4A35-8A9F-ABAF1E61E9DB.jpeg
    6945874F-A1DB-4A35-8A9F-ABAF1E61E9DB.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 80DC8D15-5A8C-4200-80D3-8B079AA05C32.jpeg
    80DC8D15-5A8C-4200-80D3-8B079AA05C32.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
If others in this thread know how to add photos, please help @Mika02 out!

And just a general FYI for everyone: posting something that invites people to "follow" or "subscribe" to your blog/channel/page/etc. is not allowed, so please don't. It's all right to post the video/photos/text/etc. on their own without the link/invite/promotion/advertising.

I will usually bound a day or two when I'm in the parks.

A few years ago, I bought some mermaid leggings (not the shiny green ones, just a white with teal scales print), so I throw on a purple shirt and --ta da-- I'm Ariel! Bonus points: Holy cow, the leggings are super soft and super stretchy, so it's like wearing jammies all day long!

I also bought a Haunted Mansion "wallpaper bound" dress that I *must* wear every trip. Sadly, I expected more people to notice/comment on it, but they don't. Like, even around the Haunted Mansion, I may only hear 1-2 people commenting on it each day. Oh well, I still love it!
I would comment. There was a woman at WDW disneybounding as a Dolewhip and I fanboyed out on her and asked if I could get a selfie with her.

We have discussed Disney bounding as gender swapped Roger rabbit for her and Jessica for me, which would be a red collared shirt with a purple tie(for her gloves). It would work well for our 15 inch height difference.

For OBB, I am doing Jack Skellington head make up, and then for clothes, black socks, shoes, and shorts, with a black and white bowling shirt and as such am referring to the costume as Cousin Eddie Skellington.
Very cool! What day are you doing OBB we will be there on 10/15. Not sure what we are doing for that, depends on if I can figure out a way to pack a pith helmet...

My DD and I did C3PO and a Stormtrooper at WDW last year, this year DH and I are doing Lady and the Tramp. I can't believe he agreed, but gray shorts, shirt, sneakers with a red belt was not to far fetched for him, so he's in. Now to get the DSs....

Will do! @Mika02 - the pics below should be sufficient. If not, let me know :-).

This may be more readable.

Note: the example below was performed via Windows OS. The process for the macOS will vary slightly.

When you reply to a post and want to add pictures, simply click on the “Attach files” button, as seen below.

Attach 0.JPG

In the resulting window, navigate to the directory in which the desired pics are stored – My Documents, for example.
Attach 1.JPG

Once you’ve found your pic, double-click on it. In the example below, you’ll see that I’ve chosen the DL castle pic. Users may choose up to ten pics at once, however I believe that the maximum file size for any single pic is 1MB. You can always edit them to reduce their file size. In worst-case scenarios, I simply email the larger pics to myself and then download them. Often the email process will reduce the pics but they’re still quite viewable. If you’ve ever seen any of my posts, I’ve done some variation of this and you’ll see that they render just fine.
Attach 2.JPG

Once the photos have uploaded, a window similar to the one below will display. Note that at this point you’ll need to select either “Thumbnail” (a small display) or “Full image,” as circled below. When “Full image” is selected, the image will display full-sized in the reply. Otherwise, it will display a much smaller “thumbnail” version, which isn’t particularly useful and users will have to click on it to actually view it. It’s an unnecessary extra step.
Final.JPG

Lastly, click “Post reply.” Your image/reply should then display in the thread.

Last edited:
This may be more readable.
Thanks I'm on an Android I'm using Keepsafe it won't allow the attach files button to work.
Ah, gotcha. On occasion I'll post from the park via my phone but most commonly from my home PC. I've virtually no experience with an Android. Perhaps search an Android forum?

Well, I spent a GIGANTIC portion of my day shopping for Disney clothes for my son, instead of, you know, doing boring adulting ;) The good news is that I found a Stormtrooper flip sequin t-shirt AND the most adorable pirate-print polo shirt on sale. I know it's not proper Disneybounding, but all in all still a good day thanks to this thread!

You guys! It’s a Disney miracle, lol. DH agreed to Disneybound with us one day “as long as it’s not too obvious” 😂 Since it’s our first trip, I’m going back to the basics. How’s this?

The Boy (Mickey) - red plaid shorts with black and yellow in them, a black polo shirt, and yellow sunglasses.

DH (Donald) - light putty colored shorts, a blue and yellow polo shirt, and red socks (the red socks got a long, drawn out sigh and an “if you must”, haha).

Me (Goofy) - blue jeans, a burnt orange shirt or orange and brown stripes if I can find it, and a green bow for my ponytail.

My plan is to wear these on our first day, for our Goofy’s Kitchen dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter