Let's talk Disneybounding...

You guys! It’s a Disney miracle, lol. DH agreed to Disneybound with us one day “as long as it’s not too obvious” 😂 ...
Congratulate DH on nailing the art of the Disney Bound -- it's not supposed to be obvious! Show him this video
-- obvious = cosplay, subtle/every day = Disney Bound! "Not too obvious" is the whole point, i.e. you're doing it and it's up to everyone else to figure it out... or not! (which is why you can wear it to work, to formal events, to church, etc. -- it all depends on how much you pour on the Disney) -- he's going to love it!
ETA: Of course, at the parks, OBB, D23 Expo, etc., the context is a little different, so you can go a bit heavier with how hard you Bound! But, for the newbies and the shy, subtle Bounding is totally fine!

Last edited:
You guys! It’s a Disney miracle, lol. DH agreed to Disneybound with us one day “as long as it’s not too obvious” 😂 Since it’s our first trip, I’m going back to the basics. How’s this?

The Boy (Mickey) - red plaid shorts with black and yellow in them, a black polo shirt, and yellow sunglasses.

DH (Donald) - light putty colored shorts, a blue and yellow polo shirt, and red socks (the red socks got a long, drawn out sigh and an “if you must”, haha).

Me (Goofy) - blue jeans, a burnt orange shirt or orange and brown stripes if I can find it, and a green bow for my ponytail.

My plan is to wear these on our first day, for our Goofy’s Kitchen dinner.
That sounds perfect!

I was talking with a friend today about Disneybounding the stretching paintings from HM. I am thinking the guy on the dynamite might be easy if you could find red and white striped shorts. Any thoughts? 28534949_1.jpg

DH went to Goodwill and spent $13! :rotfl:For his Goofy bound, he got an orange T-shirt and a lightweight brown vest, and a green baseball cap. With jeans and his comfortable brown deck shoes, it’s perfect!
I went to the thrift store to look for interesting fabrics to make Disneybounding costumes for my kids for our upcoming adventures in Batuu. With a short-sleeve brownish button up and nice vest, my son quickly looked the part. I'm going to try and find him something like a newsboy cap to complete the look. I also found him a really cool almost middle-eastern shirt that is really long and kinda resembles a robe that he might use one another day. For my daughter, I found this silky blouse that had a crossover in the fabric that resembles the layering look seen in much of the SW costuming. Then, I found a long-sleeved thin shrug that has lots of fabric accents all over in a subdued green. Her extra outfit is a blouse with faux leather that she can layer with pretty much anything. All of the items for each of them to have 2 outfits cost less than $20, and they are super-excited about them.

I Disneybounded for Disney World as Jane (on our Animal Kingdom day) and Snow White (on our Epcot/Story Book Dining day). Jane was just a yellow shirt and green shorts with some bird earrings. Snow White was blue shirt, yellow shorts, and red jewelry. It was just so hot!

For our upcoming Disneyland trip, I want to put together a Star Wars outfit.

I think it is a great way to initiate conversation with other guests. It's fun to say, "Are you...??" I like to point out the details and compliment people. It makes the trip a lot more fun and it's something to look out for!

I'm wondering how one would do a Jedi? I think I have Han Solo figured out, white collar shirt, black vest, dark blue or black pants.

My husband did a Nick Wilde and Judy Hops Disneybound that was a lot of fun. He just wore khakis with a short sleeve green button down and a tie. I wore jeans with a long sleeved blue shirt and a black vest.

My husband did a Nick Wilde and Judy Hops Disneybound that was a lot of fun. He just wore khakis with a short sleeve green button down and a tie. I wore jeans with a long sleeved blue shirt and a black vest.

Perfect! I've always preferred the Disneybound outfits that could pass as regular street clothes to someone who wasn't familiar with the characters. But if you know the characters and in the right context, the association is clear. I mean, accessories like tiaras or ears and the like are fine and all, but they can end up looking like cheap, home-made costumes. It takes real creativity, however, to be able to pull together that more subtle nod to the character without reverting to gimmicks.

Going to walt Disney world for DDs 18 bday in March we will probably Disneybound she says she wants to be Rapunzel and I'm thinking Jasmine. I have to wait closer to pick out my outfit though just had weight loss surgery so can't buy clothes yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!