Let's try this again... Dopey 2.0 Updated 12/30

You kept Bon Voyage! Good choice, especially if you haven't experienced it before. The interactions are really fun and the food, while very rich, is pretty good. I hope you enjoy it!
Glad to hear your knee is seemingly better. Fingers crossed that pain goes away for good!

I don't know what kind of pain you're having, but could it be your IT band? I dealt with that while training for a half marathon once and my coach at the time was able to recommend stretches that really focused on that area - they helped tremendously. I finished my half but ultimately it was resting for a few weeks afterward that really helped the pain to go away completely.

https://www.runnersworld.com/it-band-syndrome
That could be part of the issue thanks!

You kept Bon Voyage! Good choice, especially if you haven't experienced it before. The interactions are really fun and the food, while very rich, is pretty good. I hope you enjoy it!
Glad to hear your knee is seemingly better. Fingers crossed that pain goes away for good!
Thanks! I talked it over with the rest of the people I’m traveling with and it seemed Bon Voyage was the better option.

I’m hoping the knee pain goes away as well. I didn’t run today but I can still feel it kind of lingering.

Yay for getting a FoP FP+!

I'm a little sad that you got rid of Homecomin', but ... I'm excited to see what you think of the Bon Voyage breakfast. New things can be really fun sometimes.

Glad to hear the knee pain is getting a little better. Knee pain can be a little wonky and there can be a lot of factors, so hopefully you'll get it all figured out and be back to normal soon!

Yay for getting a FoP FP+!

I'm a little sad that you got rid of Homecomin', but ... I'm excited to see what you think of the Bon Voyage breakfast. New things can be really fun sometimes.

Glad to hear the knee pain is getting a little better. Knee pain can be a little wonky and there can be a lot of factors, so hopefully you'll get it all figured out and be back to normal soon!
I am sad I got rid of that ADR as well. I really love Homecomin' but there are always other trips.

Knee pain is definitely wonky. I didn't run today yet it seemed to hurt more than it did after my run yesterday. I have been massaging it and stuff and it seems to be helping so hopefully everything works out fine.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I'm guessing, judging by the magic bands, that it was really your travel mates who really want to do Bon Voyage most...:P

Oh hey, you went with a pink MagicBand, cute :)
(I'm guessing there will be a few magicband mixups on your trip ... thankfully, you seem to be exempt from that mixup)

Oh hey, you went with a pink MagicBand, cute :)
(I'm guessing there will be a few magicband mixups on your trip ... thankfully, you seem to be exempt from that mixup)
I might not even use that green one. I have so many graphic ones now...

Any chance on your knee you did something putting up your Christmas lights or basically something not running related you can't remember. For me my knees (both) will start to hurt for the typical shoes have gone flat OR just one will hurt because I have bumped it and it's bruised (even without seeing a bruise) OR I have stepped funny & tweeked it OR basically who knows as I can't remember why. Usually those type heal up in 2-3 weeks for me (I do run on it even if it hurts but just avoid hills as down hills seem to hurt more, just like walking down stairs is killer). Hoping yours heals too.

Any chance on your knee you did something putting up your Christmas lights or basically something not running related you can't remember. For me my knees (both) will start to hurt for the typical shoes have gone flat OR just one will hurt because I have bumped it and it's bruised (even without seeing a bruise) OR I have stepped funny & tweeked it OR basically who knows as I can't remember why. Usually those type heal up in 2-3 weeks for me (I do run on it even if it hurts but just avoid hills as down hills seem to hurt more, just like walking down stairs is killer). Hoping yours heals too.
I don't believe it was putting up lights. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary when putting them up. Only non-running related thing would be when I was hunting and walking through the woods. Its gotten better. I did 10 miles today. It was slightly uncomfortable but tolerable. I think stairs after running is where it has hurt the worst.

You schedule looks great!

Ah, come on, do you mean to tell me that one of those pink bands isn't yours? :rotfl2:

Yuck for the knee problems! I hope you can get it sorted out before the Dopey. I know the feeling but I also know the cause of mine, I've had arthritis in both of mine since I was a child. I was told I would outgrow it someday but I'm still waiting. Only my right knee gives me serious troubles, mainly trying to give out on me while running, so I have to wear a brace to stabilize it.

You schedule looks great!

Ah, come on, do you mean to tell me that one of those pink bands isn't yours? :rotfl2:

Yuck for the knee problems! I hope you can get it sorted out before the Dopey. I know the feeling but I also know the cause of mine, I've had arthritis in both of mine since I was a child. I was told I would outgrow it someday but I'm still waiting. Only my right knee gives me serious troubles, mainly trying to give out on me while running, so I have to wear a brace to stabilize it.
Lol! Pink just isn’t my color ;)

Yeah I’ve never had any sort of injury before. Hopefully it’s fine and I can get through Dopey no problem.

Update

Well I applied for the Chicago Marathon but didn't get in. It is a lottery entry system if you don't have a good enough qualifying time. It was worth a shot as it is a bucket list race I want to do and close to home however I am okay saving the $180 or whatever it is to enter right now.

I hope to do Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend next year so that will likely be my Fall 2018 race instead of Chicago. Maybe I will try again for Chicago in 2019.

We are inching ever closer to Marathon weekend. I have my last big set of runs this weekend before its taper time. I am excited but nervous. I also am interested to see how my knee holds up. I added an extra rest day before this weekends runs just to give the knee some extra time.

No plan changes since the last update. Not much will likely change at this point. I got the southwest emails saying "your trip is right around the corner."

Countdown...

Walt Disney World arrival 21 days
Walt Disney World 5K 22 days
Walt Disney World 10K 23 days
Walt Disney World Half 24 days
Walt Disney World Full 25 days

Sorry to hear about Chicago but at least there is Wine and Dine! I can't imagine the excitement!

Sorry to hear about Chicago but at least there is Wine and Dine! I can't imagine the excitement!
Yeah its obviously not definite yet since I am not registered but its about 90% sure I will be at Wine and Dine. I have never been during Food and Wine so that will be a fun first.

Yeah its obviously not definite yet since I am not registered but its about 90% sure I will be at Wine and Dine. I have never been during Food and Wine so that will be a fun first.
I was aiming at making that my first half, but we also want to go for a quick trip next December so we will see if finances allow for it. Chances are I will just live vicariously through you and all the others running. So, make sure to do a trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!