Let's try this again... Dopey 2.0 Updated 12/30

My last meal there was Memorial Day - we were sat at our table at 7 and didn't get to valet to get our car until about 9:55.

I usually plan for at least 2 hours at CG, and more than that if I'm planning to see fireworks.

We usually do two courses of apps, entrees, cheese, dessert, coffee and a couple bottles of wine over the course of dinner. It's most certainly not a dining experience I'd do the night before I run half or full, that's for sure! I like to enjoy my decadence and not feel like I'm going to miss out on anything. :D

Oh dearie, I'm now rethinking everything, and this close to ADR time, as well. I'm so confused now!

I'm planning on watching HEA on the 2nd, inside MK, so if I don't see them again at CG, I'm not going to miss much.

I'm with @rteetz , that I don't want anything too heavy on the night after the 10k nor the night after the half. CG does sound a bit lighter than most meals on the Monorail, also. What about The Wave? You seem to like it. :) How heavy is it?

I mean ... heavy depends on what you order. At The Wave, I usually get a salad and the gnocchi.

I'm just not going to miss a course at CG because I want the sushi. And the ravioli. And the Bahn-Mi Flatbread. And an entree. And dessert. Because it's all JUST. SO. GOOD.

Yikes! I guess where I'm going is I want something kinda celebratory, but kinda light. It's like winning the semi-final game. You're really close, but there's still one more to go! I want to cheer her on for a job well done, but there's still work to do, and that last one is going to be a killer!

Yikes! I guess where I'm going is I want something kinda celebratory, but kinda light. It's like winning the semi-final game. You're really close, but there's still one more to go! I want to cheer her on for a job well done, but there's still work to do, and that last one is going to be a killer!

I would ask her what she wants to do.

I would ask her what she wants to do.

Outside of wanting to do Crystal Palace, she's been letting me do all the planning. I have an idea of where I want to be, and then give her the options of what's in that area that I want to be in during mealtime, and she makes a decision from that.

For that night, we're targeting the Monorail area, but as to exactly where, she was open to most anything.

I'm here! My dates are the 2nd through the 8th and as you know I'm only doing the 5K. I don't think I could do any of the other races with my stupid ankle. A 5K is hard enough as it is. :rotfl:

I'm planning on Wolfgang Puck Express the night before the 5K so I can have pasta. They have a spaghetti with chicken meatballs dish that sounds good. After the 5K I plan to pig out at 50s Prime Time on pot roast and chocolate peanut butter cake.

I'm here! My dates are the 2nd through the 8th and as you know I'm only doing the 5K. I don't think I could do any of the other races with my stupid ankle. A 5K is hard enough as it is. :rotfl:

I'm planning on Wolfgang Puck Express the night before the 5K so I can have pasta. They have a spaghetti with chicken meatballs dish that sounds good. After the 5K I plan to pig out at 50s Prime Time on pot roast and chocolate peanut butter cake.
You'll have a blast with the 5K and of course it's themed to Pluto!

Wolfgang Puck express is good but I think I want to try a table service there.

Suggestions for great restaurants for Saturday for those of use doing the Challenge? After reading this...I'm re-thinking everything. Moving 'Ohana from Saturday pm for sure!

Suggestions for great restaurants for Saturday for those of use doing the Challenge? After reading this...I'm re-thinking everything. Moving 'Ohana from Saturday pm for sure!
Saturday last year I did Whispering Canyon. I didn't have any problems there.

Following Ryan! Sounds like you have some good ideas for eating from everyone-i wouldn't want to have to decide so I don't envy you!

I have to train but then it means I am going to Disney in roughly 6 months
6 months seems so long yet it will be here before we know it I'm sure (although I'm just doing the marathon) ! Excited to read along with your trip planning as we don't do many if any ADRs, I'm just debating maybe a Via Napoli, but enjoy reading others dining adventures.

6 months seems so long yet it will be here before we know it I'm sure (although I'm just doing the marathon) ! Excited to read along with your trip planning as we don't do many if any ADRs, I'm just debating maybe a Via Napoli, but enjoy reading others dining adventures.
Thanks for joining in!

I might as way add my list of tentative ADRs: In case others want to chime in. I am traveling with a Gluten-Free Pescatarian. I am doing Dopey and they are joining me for the Half!

Wednesay: Jungle Skipper
Thursday: Lunch: Nomad Lounge
Friday: Lunch Sanaa
Saturday: Lunch Be Our Guest, Dinner early California Grill-no fireworks inteneded! But a celebration for their completion of the half
Sunday: Flying Fish celebratory dinner!

I might as way add my list of tentative ADRs: In case others want to chime in. I am traveling with a Gluten-Free Pescatarian. I am doing Dopey and they are joining me for the Half!

Wednesay: Jungle Skipper
Thursday: Lunch: Nomad Lounge
Friday: Lunch Sanaa
Saturday: Lunch Be Our Guest, Dinner early California Grill-no fireworks inteneded! But a celebration for their completion of the half
Sunday: Flying Fish celebratory dinner!
Skipper Canteen is on my list. We are going to do Tiffins too. Be Our Guest is good. Cali Grill, Sanaa and Flying Fish I have never done.

My list is still really boring. (but I'm also using hoppers)

Arrival: Sci-fi, Pinocchio, maybe HEA dessert
Expo: Sunshine, Le Cellier, R&C for fish and fireworks
5k: Crystal Palace, Satu'li Canteen
10k: BOG lunch, find little snacks in Epcot*
Half: lunch somewhere, Cali Grill for dinner** (also no fireworks, hi @Sailormoon2 !)
Full: I may not get it, but I'm going to try for V&A. Citricos or Narcoossee's is my backup.

* it may not be the best food for her between the 10k and half, but it's also a day we can take it easy, I'm blowing all my FPs at the beginning, and then may not use any the last 3 days. I want to check out the pavilions that day. Maybe sneak to Hurricane Hannah's, time permitting.

** Keels and I had that discussion about what to do here, but I don't want to risk a "reversal of fortune" by eating stuff too heavy. CG looks really light for what you get.

Joining in for this! We will be at Disney 3rd-8th and so far the plans are:

Wed - Expo and Boma for dinner
Thurs - 5K and Tiffins/AK (lil celebration for my mam who will have done her first ever 5k/race)
Fri - 10k and Cape May Cafe for dinner (this is the only one I'm dubious about, anyone had any problems with CMC?)
Sat - Half. Kona for breakfast after and looking for dinner suggestions. Maybe move Boma to here
Sun - Full. Yachtsman for dinner :)

These might change if we decide to go to more parks, at the moment its only AK we're planning on going to but I really want to see the new fireworks at MK. Still a few food slots to fill but as long as we have dinners sorted I'll be happy!

Joining in for this! We will be at Disney 3rd-8th and so far the plans are:

Wed - Expo and Boma for dinner
Thurs - 5K and Tiffins/AK (lil celebration for my mam who will have done her first ever 5k/race)
Fri - 10k and Cape May Cafe for dinner (this is the only one I'm dubious about, anyone had any problems with CMC?)
Sat - Half. Kona for breakfast after and looking for dinner suggestions. Maybe move Boma to here
Sun - Full. Yachtsman for dinner :)

These might change if we decide to go to more parks, at the moment its only AK we're planning on going to but I really want to see the new fireworks at MK. Still a few food slots to fill but as long as we have dinners sorted I'll be happy!
I love Tiffins and plan on doing that one for sure. I've done cape May for breakfast but not dinner. Kona is a good breakfast option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter