Let's try this again... Dopey 2.0 Updated 12/30

It was $120 for the series which gave me the four medals, a cooling towel, collapsable bowl, and dog tag. While essentially you are just paying for the medals I still enjoyed it.
I did the virtual runs this year, too! Did you do them last year?? I was super impressed with the size and quality of the medals last year when they came. These were pretty great, too, but the Mickey ones last year are hard to top--red shorts, white gloves, and yellow shoes, and the series medal was a complete Mickey.

I am about to start my training runs for my first ever 10K this January at WDW. I'm doing the 5K, too. SO excited!

I did the virtual runs this year, too! Did you do them last year?? I was super impressed with the size and quality of the medals last year when they came. These were pretty great, too, but the Mickey ones last year are hard to top--red shorts, white gloves, and yellow shoes, and the series medal was a complete Mickey.

I am about to start my training runs for my first ever 10K this January at WDW. I'm doing the 5K, too. SO excited!
I didn't do them last year. These medals were the same size as my Dopey medal from January!

Good luck! You'll have a blast.

That set is super cute! I contemplated doing the series this year, but I just couldn't justify the cost. Saving more money for travel ;)

Congrats on finishing the Virtual Shorts! Those medals are kinda cute ... I thought about doing it last year, but just never managed to pull the trigger. I might do it one day in the future if I really like the character/medals.
But my first priority is really getting back to an actual in-park runDisney race! (Hopefully in 2018 I'll get to one)

Congrats on finishing the Virtual Shorts! Those medals are kinda cute ... I thought about doing it last year, but just never managed to pull the trigger. I might do it one day in the future if I really like the character/medals.
But my first priority is really getting back to an actual in-park runDisney race! (Hopefully in 2018 I'll get to one)
Yes you need to get back to runDisney!

I have a cooling towel made out the same material and used it yesterday and loved it. It definitely cooled me off during a very hot run so that's a great inclusion. I love the medals but couldn't justify the cost. Glad they got you warmed up for Dopey training.

I have a cooling towel made out the same material and used it yesterday and loved it. It definitely cooled me off during a very hot run so that's a great inclusion. I love the medals but couldn't justify the cost. Glad they got you warmed up for Dopey training.
Yeah cost wise you are basically just paying for the medals but I was happy to get the other things thrown in too. With it being $120 this won't be an every year thing.

Yeah cost wise you are basically just paying for the medals but I was happy to get the other things thrown in too. With it being $120 this won't be an every year thing.
I really enjoy that they focus it on one character because that way people who really love a certain character can just do it that year. Of course, Pluto is one of my favorites but I still didn't end up doing it. :(

Love the shorts...I was looking at my medal rack the other day and wondering how it got so full and then thought for a brief moment that I dont need bling anymore...I said BRIEF moment.

I just got done reading your last trip report and really enjoyed it! I made an impulsive decision to run the Goofy Challenge 2018, but now I feel so unprepared planning wise. Running will be the easy part. Trying to plan parks and ADR's at this point seems harder! :rolleyes2

I look forward to following along!

I just got done reading your last trip report and really enjoyed it! I made an impulsive decision to run the Goofy Challenge 2018, but now I feel so unprepared planning wise. Running will be the easy part. Trying to plan parks and ADR's at this point seems harder! :rolleyes2

I look forward to following along!
Thanks for joining in! You are going to have so much fun with Goofy. It is definitely a lot to plan but relax and have fun.

WE HAVE BLING!!!!!

So runDisney surprised us today with our first look at the medals for Marathon Weekend 2018 and I am thrilled with how they look!

Medal Reveal: Celebrating 25 Years of the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Starting with the 5K...

wdwmm46756732.jpg

Very nice, I do like the metal medals compared to the rubber ones. I think I like last year's 5K better but still good nonetheless.

wdwmm46756733.jpg

Glittery! I like the common theme of the medals (except for one...). Happy with this one as well.

Half Marathon

wdwmm46756734.jpg

I think this one is one of m favorite. The colors and everything just look awesome!

Marathon

Marath4444.jpg

Its a spinner! Someone else mentioned how it says "you can do it" on one side but we haven't seen the other side so we are hoping it says "if you can dream it". Overall I love this medal!

Challenges

wdwmm46756736.jpg

Now I am not doing the Castaway Cay challenge but that is a pretty awesome medal too. LOVE the Dopey medal! It is different than the past Dopey medals but still true to the overall style. Goofy stands out on its own. It is very different. I am okay with that though. Goofy kind of gets lost in the buzz with Dopey being the big one. It isn't my favorite but I still really like it.

There you have it folks!

wdwmm46756737.jpg

LOVE that Dopey medal!! I'm only doing the 5K and 10K runs, but Dopey is one of my favs!! That medal is downright amazing :)

I love all of those medals so much. I think the marathon is my favorite (I really want to sign up, but I know I don't have the time to train and I probably won't be able to fit a trip to Florida into my schedule in January ... I'm pretty much at war with myself about this). I wasn't in love with the challenge medals at first, but on second glance, I do kinda really love them too. I'm super jealous that you'll be getting (almost) all of them!

I love all of those medals so much. I think the marathon is my favorite (I really want to sign up, but I know I don't have the time to train and I probably won't be able to fit a trip to Florida into my schedule in January ... I'm pretty much at war with myself about this). I wasn't in love with the challenge medals at first, but on second glance, I do kinda really love them too. I'm super jealous that you'll be getting (almost) all of them!
Maybe 2019? ;) The medals are pretty great. Hopefully you'll get back to runDisney soon Sarah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!