Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?-2 weeks?
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4e 8092
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? -I guess it's a left over for cat.4. But with the extra berth bed no one has to sleep mid air. I am happy about that. downside from other posts: whitewall verandah, connecting room. and it's an aft room close to the secret stair.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? na
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 2months

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?- 14
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9C Aft
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? -I am happy.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 89

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?- 19
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B Mid
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? - OK location, but further fwd than I would have chosen
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 51

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?- 16
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B Mid
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? - I am fine with it. 3 rooms booked all next to each other so we are happy.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? yes, all right in a row
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 37

MJ

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy (Florida Res Rate)
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?- 10
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? - Leftover ...was all the way forward next to the bridge.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 20

Other note I called to be placed on Early Seating wait list and that was changed 4 days before the cruise.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy (Florida Res Rate)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? - Leftover ...was all the way forward next to the bridge.

Other note I called to be placed on Early Seating wait list and that was changed 4 days before the cruise.

FWIW, I adore that location!! :)

So they will change the dinning time if you call before your trip from late to early? Also I thought that you found out what stateroom you have when you get to the port. So they mail you what stateroom you have about 2 weeks before your cruise?

So they will change the dinning time if you call before your trip from late to early? Also I thought that you found out what stateroom you have when you get to the port. So they mail you what stateroom you have about 2 weeks before your cruise?

If you have either early or late dining and you want to switch to the other dining you have to request it. If it is available they will switch you right away. If it is not currently available you can be put on a waitlist. It may or may not be granted before you sail.

Your cabin can be assigned anytime from about 2-3 weeks out until port check in. You find out by logging into your reservation to see what cabin was assigned. You don't get a notification.

MJ

If you have either early or late dining and you want to switch to the other dining you have to request it. If it is available they will switch you right away. If it is not currently available you can be put on a wait list. It may or may not be granted before you sail.

Your cabin can be assigned anytime from about 2-3 weeks out until port check in. You find out by logging into your reservation to see what cabin was assigned. You don't get a notification.

MJ

Thank you the information. So even if it said in my reservation that nothing can be changed isn't true. I got a VGT room. So I have read in this posting that if you bought a vgt room and after they assigned you your room and you didn't like it you might be able to switch if they have rooms still available? Is that true? Also which dinning time do you think is better? The first or the second? They gave us the second time.

Thank you the information. So even if it said in my reservation that nothing can be changed isn't true. I got a VGT room. So I have read in this posting that if you bought a vgt room and after they assigned you your room and you didn't like it you might be able to switch if they have rooms still available? Is that true? Also which dinning time do you think is better? The first or the second? They gave us the second time.

No, rooms can't be changed on a *GT reservation normally. the purpose of the *GT rates are to bring in new guests on that sailing and the lower prices equate to you accepting what you are assigned. DCL can move people around if their inventory requirements needs them to but normally, once assigned, *GT rooms can't be changed. Those *GT rates come with restrictions like paying in full time of booking, accepting what cabin you are assigned and other restrictions.

As far as meal times, those are a little easier to switch. If they don't allow you to doso before your cruise you can usually ask once onboard to have your dining time changed. Not always, but it has happened. You would go to the "dining changes" venue the first day which will be noted in your first Navigator (newsletter) that you will get at check in at the terminal. Showing up earlier than later helps.

There is no right or wrong answer as far as early or late dining. Our family prefers late dining. I don't like eating at 5:45 ish. I prefer 8:30 ish. I also like going to the show before my dinner.

Many with younger kids like to do early dining as they feel their kids will stay awake better. Early diners go to the show after their dinner so you have to decide if your kids would to stay awake for meal or for the show and figure out which dining time would work better for for family.

I can say that switching from early to late is easier than to switch from late to early.

MJ

Thank you for all of that information. Well that will be eazzzzzyyyyy to decide about the dinner since we have no kids. Just me and my wife. We are use to eating late also so I think I will just keep it that way. Let me ask you something. Have you ever done the VGT before ? If you have how was your room that you got? Is the verandah rooms really in a bad area? This is are first cruise. I wasn't sure about the vgt but I did it ant way. I just hope that I won't regret it later.
Thanks

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT - Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Tuesday afternoon - 11 days before cruise
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4A
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very Happy!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes - Connecting!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 53 Days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? Ogt magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Wednesday afternoon - 13 days before cruise
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9b
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very Happy!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 35 Days

Have a back-to-back IGT on the Wonder for the 3/5 and 3/9 sailings. Fingers crossed that we can receive the same cabin. TA and Disney rep said it is possible, but because guarantee much pixie dust will be needed. Watching this thread and will let you all know how it plays out.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT 5E Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4E
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I've never stayed on deck 5 before so I'm a little nervous being that far down and forward but we'll give it a try. Was hoping for a higher deck but ended up in 5028.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 12 (Florida resident discount)

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT? On Which ship? VGT Dream
2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9 Days
#3. What category
(ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4B #8586
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?Very Happy!
#6. How many days before departure date date did you book? 3 weeks

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A, deck 10 (under concierge rooms)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? TBD, but reviews seem good
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 6 weeks

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT? On Which ship? VGT Wonder
2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 Days
#3. What category
(ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 7A 5140
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?A little bummed that it is a Navigators Veranda but I'm going on a cruise so I can't be too sad
#6. How many days before departure date date did you book? 56 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT? On Which ship? IGT Wonder
2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 1 3Days
#3. What category
(ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 10B #2601
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy that we got a deluxe inside with the split baths. It's close to the aft elevators and looks like a good location to me.
#6. How many days before departure date date did you book? 54 days

We are sailing on a 4 night and 3 night back-to-back on the Wonder in IGT for both sailings. We did not get the same cabin, which there was only a slim chance. Here are the details below.

Sailing 1 - 4 Night

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13Days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 10C #1039
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy that we got a deluxe inside with the split baths. I have read reports that it has strange engine noises, so not excited about that possibility. Overall happy.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 59 days

Sailing 2 - 3 Night

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 Days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A #6041
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy with the location, but wish we had a deluxe inside with the split baths. It's close to the kid's club and in between everything. Also wish we didn't have to change cabins between sailings, but we aren't really disappointed because we knew that risk going in.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 63 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!