Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

Hi, @Zmama! My hubby & I will be sailing with you on the 4/23 Dream...also on deck 10...also VGT! :wave2:

Here’s my room assignment report:

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? Initially we booked IGT. Then VGTs released so we bumped-up to VGT and only had to pay the price difference.

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days. Odd time of day. I checked before we headed upstairs for the evening at 7:45 (central time). When we got in bed at 9-ish there it was.

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5a - 10508

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I had hoped for a deck 5 forward 4a but this room is perfectly fine. Gets good reviews. It’s starboard which we always prefer. Overall we’re happy.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Booked IGT at 47 days then changed to VGT at 20 days.

Hi, @Zmama! My hubby & I will be sailing with you on the 4/23 Dream...also on deck 10...also VGT! :wave2:

Here’s my room assignment report:

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? Initially we booked IGT. Then VGTs released so we bumped-up to VGT and only had to pay the price difference.

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Booked IGT at 47 days then changed to VGT at 20 days.

What is the process for upgrading from an IGT to a VGT reservation? I was not aware you could do this. Many other posters have posted about difficulty in making any changes to a *GT reservation. Did you encounter any resistance or difficulty when you made this change, or was it smooth and easy?

Thanks!

What is the process for upgrading from an IGT to a VGT reservation? I was not aware you could do this. Many other posters have posted about difficulty in making any changes to a *GT reservation. Did you encounter any resistance or difficulty when you made this change, or was it smooth and easy?

Thanks!
I wish I had a better answer for you. I have a crazy awesome travel agent. I sent her an email asking for it, she said she’d call, then I received an email with my new confirmation later that day. I can ask her if there was any flack over it. I would think bumping up would be okay because it’s more $$ for DCL. If there’s resistance I think it would be because they have to cancel the current reservation and rebook under the new discount. Not supposed to cancel a *GT. But, if you’re just switching I don’t see why it’s a big deal.

Thanks!
I've added a person to my reservation after booking a VGT rate. I've actually done this a couple of times. I wouldn't think they would have a problem with you spending more money. They just won't let you spend less.

@MasterY0da, I asked my TA about when she switched us from IGT to VGT. She said when she called the lady she spoke with said it had to go through guest services to do but it was easy. No pushback at all. So, yeah, to me that’s kinda an advantage to having a really good agent handle my bookings. She has a relationship with the company. She has a Disney rep that can help her if she encounters difficulty (not that she did this time). She knows how to get things done and takes care of us. To me it’s a convenience & comfort.

I don't use an TA , but I've never had any issues representing myself. I've had some exceptions made and penalties dropped. I wouldn't consider this an exception though. DCL is pretty easy to work with and I rarely come across an agent that nots knowledgeable and helpful. If I get one that doesn't know what they're doing I just hang up and call back.

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? Disney Dream OGT

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days, it seems like they released all the GT assignments together for the same sailing as we are also leaving 4/23
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B 2510
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Was hoping for some pixie dust since there are still a lot of unsold rooms, but read reviews and this room is in a great location on deck 2 with a large porthole. Overall happy for the savings and not getting the lowest category or bad location.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 53 days

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? Disney Dream OGT

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days, it seems like they released all the GT assignments together for the same sailing as we are also leaving 4/23
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B 2510
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Was hoping for some pixie dust since there are still a lot of unsold rooms, but read reviews and this room is in a great location on deck 2 with a large porthole. Overall happy for the savings and not getting the lowest category or bad location.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 53 days
I am looking forward to having people post about 5/21 Dream! That’s my next one, VGT.

Last edited:
Been reading this thread and it seems that everyone knew their stateroom before embarkation. Has anyone gotten only at checkin? This makes me hopeful as we are doing a FE.

Been reading this thread and it seems that everyone knew their stateroom before embarkation. Has anyone gotten only at checkin? This makes me hopeful as we are doing a FE.

The stateroom can be assigned any time between booking (usually it will be after final payment date though) to embarkation day. No rhyme or reason.

Booked and paid in full about 40 days ago OGT. Cruise is 12 days away still no cabin assigned. We are Castaway Club Gold members does that even matter when they are assigning rooms? Getting a little worried.

Booked and paid in full about 40 days ago OGT. Cruise is 12 days away still no cabin assigned. We are Castaway Club Gold members does that even matter when they are assigning rooms? Getting a little worried.

See my response above yours. Assignments can happen as late as checking in at the port. To my knowledge Castaway status does NOT enter into it.

I’m Platinum, and got the assignment 13 days before our December VGT, and 12 days before our March IGT. We’re waiting for our May 21st assignment. Don’t worry, just keep checking, I do!:)

I've always gotten my room assignment between 9-12 days out. If you read through this thread that is pretty much the norm. I would expect it by the end of the week. If you book a GTY rate you can get it any time, but generally between 30-60 days out. Many people get confused between the two rates no matter how many times it's explained on these boards.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on the Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It seems like a good location to me, but this is my first Disney cruise so I will have a better opinion after the cruise.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 2 months

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? GTY Disney Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 5 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? booked a 6A and got a 5A.
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy with room, its a 5A and we paid for a 6A. Really last minute booking, this will be a grand slam cruise for us.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? We just booked last Thursday, 8 days before sail date.
e

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Disney Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A, Deck 10 FWD
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Satisfied. Always hoping for the bigger Cat 4 room, but can't complain.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 54

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT, Disney Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 8A Accessible, room 6014
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are totally spoiled now - our room was HUGE!!!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 58 days

Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11a deck 6
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's fine. There's only two of us I wasn't expecting a larger room.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Around 75 days give or take a few.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!