Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 11A Deck 6.
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days out
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I am happy as we didn't want to be on Deck 1 or 2. We still may try to upgrade at port to a Varanda.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We booked one room only.
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 12 PST
9. What month is your cruise? Jan 2020

Once you found your GT rate did you book it with Disney or with a Travel Agent?

I booked online through a travel site (which is still considered an agent) because I was still able to get OBC even at that late time. If I wasn't able to find a site or agent that offered it, though, I would've booked through Disney. I do think Costco offers Costco Cash at any time, too.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 11C Deck 5. Cabins 5013, 5009 and 5511
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15 days out
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I am fine with it. We booked just this past weekend so there wasn't much left.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We booked three rooms. Two are forward on the port side and one is forward on the Starboard side...not far from each other.
6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I checked all morning and then got busy and didn't check again until 4:00 pm and saw that we were assigned.
9. What month is your cruise? Feb 2020

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 6A GTY
2. What category and room # did you get? 6A 6146
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 118
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" It's a pretty standard 6A, so yes.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Not applicable
6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Friday or Saturday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Do not know
9. What month is your cruise? May 2020

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT on Disney Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A 7539
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, we find the Deck 7 location very convenient. Doesn't feel like a leftover.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 67

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT on Disney Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A 7539
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, we find the Deck 7 location very convenient. Doesn't feel like a leftover.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 67
You are so lucky we are also on this cruise and got our assignment today on deck 2
Super bummed even tho it’s an upgrade being a 10b I would so much rather be in an 11b on deck 5 Oh well knew it was possible but will never do IGT again

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT booked in October 2019
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11A Deck 6, Cabin 6551
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days out
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I am satisfied. I like the location, although I had hoped the early IGT and lower-attendance sailing would mean a cat 10.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I checked at 8:45AM PST, so it could have been earlier this morning.
#9. What month is your cruise? Feb 2020

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4A 10116
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, we saved something like $2k over what we would have paid for this category
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 4-5 months; *GT rates were available before PIF
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Wednesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 9:00am eastern

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT. Magic
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 7
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B 2056
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy. I was really hoping for a single large porthole and got one and didn't want to be under something noisy (like a theater) and this is under guest services.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 72 days
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned?
Friday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 3:00pm CST

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT, VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 5C, 6A - but the 6A was one of the huge HA rooms in aft.
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 5 days out, but we booked 7 days out (last minute booking one week before sailing).
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Super happy with the large HA room assignment, but it’s probably a left over since they are now confident that they don’t need it.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? No. Different decks, fore/aft.
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? morning pst. It’s the first business day after our booking.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT, VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 10032
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Super happy - I love 10 forward. Definitely a cabin I would pick!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6 What ship are you sailing Dream
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? morning - before 10 CDT
9. What month is your cruise? March

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 10650
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days out
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Ehh, it had a little bit of an obstructed view as we had the overhang from Cabanas above us, so we had the supports for that blocking part of our view. The location was nice, but the vibrations on the last 2 nights were awful. It kept us up half the night (this was traveling back to PC from the eastern caribbean).
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 2PM

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on the Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B 7030 (Deck 7 Forward)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's my first cruise, so I don't know much about anything, but it seems like a great room at a great price!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 52 days
Edited to add: Stateroom was assigned on a Wednesday around noon ET. Cruise is in March 2022.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 5C, room 6650 (Deck 6, Aft)
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17 days out
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We loved this location. Close to the aft stairs it was easy to get to the bars/Animator's and when you took the elevator up to Deck 11 you were in Cabanas. When I booked it, this room was cheaper than an ocean view room.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We booked one room only.
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Wednesday is when I noticed. I didn't receive an email.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Unknown
9. What month is your cruise? Feb 2022

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 9D, 6504
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 16 days out
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Totally dissatisfied with the stateroom assignment. An inside stateroom would be preferable to this. Handicapped room, which means no bathtub. Small, slanted porthole which means little light and virtually no view. Corner room which means weird layout & not easy to watch TV from the bed. Deck 6 at the very front of the ship, which means a lot of motion and also noise from waves hitting the ship. Called DCL and upgraded to a different stateroom, as I would have cancelled rather than sail in this stateroom for a whole week and for the thousands of dollars I paid.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday is when I noticed. I didn't receive an email.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Unknown
9. What month is your cruise? March 2022

Last edited:
#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? GTY 7A Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 25 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B 8030
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very Happy. Got an amazing deal for my first cruise and just happy to be aboard! This cabin is forward near the stairs and elevator.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 65

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream. Booked the cruise on May 27.
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 21 days in the afternoon.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4A 9112 & 9114
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very Happy. Wonderful mid-ship cabins on Deck 9. These are the deeper family verandah cabins.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes. they are connecting!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 39

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!