LGBT Meetup Thread - 2016

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
So I thought it might be useful for those who are interested in meeting up with other like-minded souls to have a thread where we can post when we're expected to be in the World, in case there are others who might be arriving around the same time.

My partner and I will be at WDW November 12-19. I have my park days all picked and I tend to be a bit of the commando in my touring style, but if anyone would like to meet up for a drink or a quick bite of something, maybe we can find a convenient time. We've gotta eat sometime! (Or my girl will kill me in a low blood sugar induced rage.) Happy to make new friends, always - couples, singles, men, women, gender fluid... don't matter none to us. Just drop a PM if you're interested!

This thread is for the remainder of 2016, for clarity's sake. Feel free to start a new one for 2017 and beyond. Those going to DL or ABD are welcome too... just be sure to specify!

<3

ETA: Here's a running list of who is going when! (Year is 2016 unless otherwise specified...) If I've missed anyone, holla!

WDW:

10/17 - 10/26: @Betsy Verney

10/18 - 11/4: @TayjaDanger
10/21 - 10/27: @wnwardii
10/22 - 10/27: @Cubbiecakes
10/24 - 10/28: @Alfredo68
10/26 - 11/8: @LadyD
10/31 - 11/9: @MykeTV
11/5 - 11/12: @grrrlennyl
11/12 - 11/19: @Princesca
11/12 - 11/26: @njchris
12/4 - 12/7: @rbthntschl
12/17 - 12/20: @wnwardii
12/21 - 12/27: @budcollector
12/30 - 1/4: @MassJester

DL:

9/28 - 10/4 (Gay Days!): @mellers (and daughter)
9/28 - 10/2 (Gay Days!): @dan1964
10/1 (Gay Days!): @LadyD

UNIVERSAL:

9/29 - 10/2: @Skipper Justin
10/27 - 10/30: @wnwardii
10/28 - 10/31: @MykeTV

2017 PLANS:

WDW:

2/25 - 3/3: @MassJester

DL:

May 2017 - DL: @LadyD

Last edited:
Good idea Princesca! :D

I'll be in DW from 5th of september untill 16th :) I'll be there with my mother to celebrate her birthday and her Retirement (it doesn't happen really often that your mother ask to you "I would love to go to DW at least once in my life", so it was easy to find the perfect Gift for her :mickeyjum)

Good idea Princesca! :D
(it doesn't happen really often that your mother ask to you "I would love to go to DW at least once in my life", so it was easy to find the perfect Gift for her :mickeyjum)

Wow... what a good son you are!

Great idea! My wife and I are heading down to WDW October 26-Novemeber 8. This is a bit of a delayed honeymoon for us, so we have all kinds of ADRs to celebrate and plenty of park time! We're always excited to meet new people, especially Disney loving people :D

Great idea! My wife and I are heading down to WDW October 26-Novemeber 8. This is a bit of a delayed honeymoon for us, so we have all kinds of ADRs to celebrate and plenty of park time! We're always excited to meet new people, especially Disney loving people :D

Awww.... my partner and I are just gonna miss you guys. We arrive 11/12. Be sure to pop in here and let us know how your trip went! I am really curious what the crowds are going to look like - Touring Plans has me scairt.

Awww.... my partner and I are just gonna miss you guys. We arrive 11/12. Be sure to pop in here and let us know how your trip went! I am really curious what the crowds are going to look like - Touring Plans has me scairt.

That is a bummer! I am very interested what this trip will be like. I have zero idea what to expect. My first (and only) time visiting 5 years ago was at the end of August, and the crowds were not bad at all. This time we're going during food & wine and we have an overlap with the run Disney event, and we also hit Halloween. I'm crossing my fingers it won't be too insane.

My wife and I are heading down to WDW October 26-Novemeber 8. This is a bit of a delayed honeymoon for us

Congratulations on your marriage!!!! I will be at WDW from October 21st-27th myself. Will be solo for the first 2 days and then have 4 friends joining me to help celebrate a belated birthday.

Congratulations on your marriage!!!! I will be at WDW from October 21st-27th myself. Will be solo for the first 2 days and then have 4 friends joining me to help celebrate a belated birthday.

Thank you :D What a wonderful birthday trip!! That sounds like a totally awesome way to celebrate your birthday. I'm plotting a trip to WDW in May 2017 for my 30th birthday. Do you have any celebratory activities planned for your birthday while at WDW??

Or Disneyland!! I'm a DL annual passholder so I go often!

My wife and I are DL AP holders too! We're usually in the parks a couple of weekends a month.

Thank you :D What a wonderful birthday trip!! That sounds like a totally awesome way to celebrate your birthday. I'm plotting a trip to WDW in May 2017 for my 30th birthday. Do you have any celebratory activities planned for your birthday while at WDW??

My wife and I are DL AP holders too! We're usually in the parks a couple of weekends a month.

I'd love to meet up sometime! I need more Disney-going friends! I'm probably going to go the weekend of the 3rd-4th for one last 60th visit.

What a wonderful birthday trip!! That sounds like a totally awesome way to celebrate your birthday. I'm plotting a trip to WDW in May 2017 for my 30th birthday. Do you have any celebratory activities planned for your birthday while at WDW??

I actually celebrated my 30th birthday at WDW. That was before they started the MNSSHP.

Since it is my 50th, I decided to treat myself. So I decided to break the budget and stay at the Contemporary with a Theme Park view. This resort was on my bucket list ever since I went to WDW back in the 70's. Some of the other things I am doing is that I am actually going to MNSSHP. Now if I can just snag that allusive Hallow-wishes Firework Dessert Party ADR.

But another activity I am doing is the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I did a tour back in the 90's in Epcot and really enjoyed it. So I wanted to do another. I really would have loved to do more than just this one tour, but my friends will be arriving the next day, so I would rather spend the time with them.

I have been able to make ADR's for Dinner at California Grill, Flying Fish and BOG. So I guess we will celebrate mostly through food and drink!!!

Then I am treating my friends to Universal Studios/Island of Adventure later in the week. We are going to the Halloween Horror Night at Universal Orlando and spending a couple of days there before heading home.

Since you are planning on going for your 30th, just plan to do what will be fun for you. If you can tie your trip to coincide with your actual birthday, go to your favorite theme park on that day and just do what you want to. I did that on my 30th and spent the day at the Magic Kingdom. My 50th is actually 2 days before my trip, but it was either delay the trip a few days or not have some friends being able to come.

I'd love to meet up sometime! I need more Disney-going friends! I'm probably going to go the weekend of the 3rd-4th for one last 60th visit.

That would be really fun to meet up! We have some friends coming in to town that weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday though. It's one of the few birthdays we won't be in park. We're going to be up there for gay days though!

I actually celebrated my 30th birthday at WDW. That was before they started the MNSSHP.

Since it is my 50th, I decided to treat myself. So I decided to break the budget and stay at the Contemporary with a Theme Park view. This resort was on my bucket list ever since I went to WDW back in the 70's. Some of the other things I am doing is that I am actually going to MNSSHP. Now if I can just snag that allusive Hallow-wishes Firework Dessert Party ADR.

But another activity I am doing is the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I did a tour back in the 90's in Epcot and really enjoyed it. So I wanted to do another. I really would have loved to do more than just this one tour, but my friends will be arriving the next day, so I would rather spend the time with them.

I have been able to make ADR's for Dinner at California Grill, Flying Fish and BOG. So I guess we will celebrate mostly through food and drink!!!

Then I am treating my friends to Universal Studios/Island of Adventure later in the week. We are going to the Halloween Horror Night at Universal Orlando and spending a couple of days there before heading home.

Since you are planning on going for your 30th, just plan to do what will be fun for you. If you can tie your trip to coincide with your actual birthday, go to your favorite theme park on that day and just do what you want to. I did that on my 30th and spent the day at the Magic Kingdom. My 50th is actually 2 days before my trip, but it was either delay the trip a few days or not have some friends being able to come.

That sounds like a really awesome birthday trip! I'm definitely considering splurging on a resort for my birthday, but we shall see. I hope you have a really fun trip and you can snag the dessert party!

That would be really fun to meet up! We have some friends coming in to town that weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday though. It's one of the few birthdays we won't be in park. We're going to be up there for gay days though!

I will probably be there for gay days as well!

I'll be there Nov 12 - 26. Splitting stay.. all stars, then contemporary. Woo! :)

I should go to Gay Days again.. it's been many years. But it' so darn hot!! :) :)

I'll be there Nov 12 - 26. Splitting stay.. all stars, then contemporary. Woo! :)

I should go to Gay Days again.. it's been many years. But it' so darn hot!! :) :)

You're arriving the same day we are, but staying much longer (so jelly). We're heading to EPCOT on check-in day to kick our trip off with a dinner at Monsieur Paul. We should meet up at some point that first week and grab a drink or a coffee! My DP is a total addict when it comes to coffee. Like - we are at the point where I practically have to carry around an IV drip.

You're arriving the same day we are, but staying much longer (so jelly). We're heading to EPCOT on check-in day to kick our trip off with a dinner at Monsieur Paul. We should meet up at some point that first week and grab a drink or a coffee! My DP is a total addict when it comes to coffee. Like - we are at the point where I practically have to carry around an IV drip.
That would be cool. I'm just going with a friend since I'm single! (arrgh! :crazy2: ).

I haven't met anyone from here so you'd be my first! :scared:

That would be cool. I'm just going with a friend since I'm single! (arrgh! :crazy2: ).

I haven't met anyone from here so you'd be my first! :scared:
Me either so we'd be in the same boat! I will PM you later! :)

Oh my.... Haven't your Furry Godmother told you about meeting up with Disney Fans from the interwebs? :rolleyes1

Look at me... I'm still considered as family to some of the wonderful people that I met from here (old DisneySites) back in 2005 and 2010! :love: :goodvibes :rotfl: :thumbsup2

Actually, I'm really excited for you! :jumping2::grouphug: :disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!